Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest ranger211

Hoppah i've got an idea that i tried to do myself, but i am not familiar with the coding syntax. You and/or Stan might be able to help. I added a trigger called "chirp" to the freeplay map. this trigger covers the area around an intersection:

http://lh6.google.com/ranger211/Rq49qT1Cjd...postscreen1.JPG

now i want to write a script that when a police car drives into one of these triggers, the unit sounds an intersection siren.

"http://www.fedsig.com/multimedia/sirens/mp3/MS4000 Priority.mp3"

and then returns to its usual siren after leaving the trigger.

this is what i have and doesn't work (mostly because i don't know enough syntax and the proper format of emergency 4 scripting)

//********************************************************************************

// #Version 1.0#

//

// Script by Hoppah

//

// Usage of this script in other mods is NOT allowed without permission of Hoppah

//

//********************************************************************************

const char TRIGGER_CHIRP[] = "chirp";

bool ActivateTrigger(chirp);

bool OnLoad()

{

System::SetEnv("e4_doocclusion", 0);

return true;

}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)

{

void OnSquadVehicleArrived(Vehicle *v)

{

if (v->IsCollidingWithTrigger(const char *chirp))

{

int soundID;

Vector CarPos = v.GetPosition();

soundID = Audio::PlaySample3D("mod:Audio/FX/Sirens/Policechirp.wav", CarPos, true);

}

}

Audio::StopSample("mod:Audio/FX/Sirens/Policechirp.wav");

}

i think this would be a cool and more realistic addition to the mod, if its even possible.

There are alot of mistakes in your script and it doesn't work that way, because the game needs to check the trigger and that is only possible by making a mission script for freeplay. Problem is, that all events are not working anymore then.

Maybe, it is also possible to change the Siren commandscript, but that's alot of work (it's a large script) and difficult.

edit:

The new tutorial is about adding vehicles to Emergency 4. It has nothing to do with the LA Mod.

Guest medic534

What is the purpose of the equipment trailer? I love the trailer and it's awsome, but so far I have found no use for it? Can you put some type of special equipment in there that isn't carried on the trucks? Mabe the firefighters have to go to the equipment trailer to change gear?

p.s. Keep up the good work, your mod makes the game worth buying.

What is the purpose of the equipment trailer? I love the trailer and it's awsome, but so far I have found no use for it? Can you put some type of special equipment in there that isn't carried on the trucks? Mabe the firefighters have to go to the equipment trailer to change gear?

p.s. Keep up the good work, your mod makes the game worth buying.

Fire fighters can get equipment from the trailer. :)

Guest kparsons34

Hoppah,

SORRY for asking this question but do you have a time frame estimate until V1.4 is released. Only want to know so I can check back for the newest version around that time. Thanks man.

Hoppah,

SORRY for asking this question but do you have a time frame estimate until V1.4 is released. Only want to know so I can check back for the newest version around that time. Thanks man.

That's a question that will not be answerd here, just check the site day/week/mounthly :rolleyes:

Grtz

kind of in wrong, right place but in em5(if it ever is made) in the la mod maybe you could have a minipumper, foam units, a hose wagon, brush truck and a bulldozer pumper, rear mount aerial ladder trucks, tower ladder w/bucket, a tiller rig, a searchlight truck(i know other vehicles have searchlights but would be cool if vehicle), an air utility wagon, a mobile headquarters unit, a high-rise unit, and a rescue van.

Hey hoppah once again I want to say great mod and that I finally got it working. When I first started I always got a huge fire and had to have the entire fire department come and sometimes I would mess up so I need another engine or two. But I would have to go into the menu and individually pick the guys onto the truck. Why not add a command to the battalion cheif that says "strike 2nd alarm". That would have a default engine come from HQ and not to to go through the menu.

Guest Utrechtterror
kind of in wrong, right place but in em5(if it ever is made) in the la mod maybe you could have a minipumper, foam units, a hose wagon, brush truck and a bulldozer pumper, rear mount aerial ladder trucks, tower ladder w/bucket, a tiller rig, a searchlight truck(i know other vehicles have searchlights but would be cool if vehicle), an air utility wagon, a mobile headquarters unit, a high-rise unit, and a rescue van.

Isn't it a bit too early to start talking about EM5 LA-Mod suggestions?..

Guest Estevan
Hey hoppah once again I want to say great mod and that I finally got it working. When I first started I always got a huge fire and had to have the entire fire department come and sometimes I would mess up so I need another engine or two. But I would have to go into the menu and individually pick the guys onto the truck. Why not add a command to the battalion cheif that says "strike 2nd alarm". That would have a default engine come from HQ and not to to go through the menu.

I think that is is a really good idee, when you are playing the game and you get a really big fire you don't have the time to go to the menu and pick a fire truck. You just want to get the fire under control.

it is a good idea. (my city rejects me ie gas explosion destroying half the city then 1 hour later GAS EXPLOSION.

i pick up a shoplifter and put him in the cop helicopter, a gas explosion happens in a building next door (its fun to watch) in that building was also a medical emergency and next to that building was a long line of cars. luckily, the fire was smaller than the other one)

who knows? maybe sixteen tons is already making em5 and we wont get it for 2 years in u.s. :mad: