The Skinning Contest 2.0

February personnel skins winner.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the winner?

• VOID
    • VOID2

personally I have it to busy with school :(

And beside that I make complete new models for the Skinning contest (well that's just when I'm done with a unit for the San Diego mod)

BUT

I could try to reskin several older units for it, cause that takes a max of 1,5 hour :)

Yeah, little bit too much brown to look official!

I guess some people prefer their ambulances to look like rolling chess boards...does that make it more official?

I kinda dig the coppery brown with the white,green and yellow.Like mentioned it's unique looking.

Yeah I agree that UK ambulances with the checker patterns (and only blue lights what is with that?) look pretty strange to us North Americans. However i think the point is more that ambulances tend to be bright colors for obvious reasons, having a earth tone ambulance seems cool in theory but not as noticeable in real life. However I imagine with all the lights it would probably be fine.

its not checker its a reflective covering called Battenburg most european countrys have them but rolling chess boards? there not black and white for a start lol its not just blue its acctually Blue,White and our redirectionals on some police are red but Spain is worse with orange emergency lights

but back to topic nice skin the colours are different it looks a bit like a mountian/Forestry ambulance

well here is my Ken County Ford Taurus :)

It has TIR3 LED in the grill/side of the bumper and also a Code 3 TR21 lightbar :)

kencounty11zuqw.png

kencounty2kvud1.png

kencounty3q4usf.png

Note1: The reason I made the skin is of the text on the vehicle cause I thought it would be funny :D

Note2: This is a real paint job but it was made for the Ford Crowns as far as I know :)

I guess some people prefer their ambulances to look like rolling chess boards...does that make it more official?

I kinda dig the coppery brown with the white,green and yellow.Like mentioned it's unique looking.

Woah! Didn't need an argument about battenberg! I love the green and the yellow, I like the tiger stripe and chevroned back. If you see my comments in the emergency vehicle picture group, I mention how sad I am that finally the Met has given way to full battenberg on all cars. For this vehicle's livery I (personally) reckon if the brown bit was blue or red or a different shade of green, it would look nicer and a bit more 'ambulance', probably because brown is underused on emergency vehicles, and therefore looks unfamiliar. Thanks :) - The OC-D