• No
  2. 2. Fire Dept. Vehicles

• Great selection!
    • Could be more.
    • I donĀ“t like it
  3. 3. New Map!?

• Good idea!
    • Nah, use the Los Angeles Mod Map

In my opinion I like the 1st and 2nd because they look newer and for the second picture I suggest you use the large ambulance in the LA MOD 2.1 because they look related a little. The 3rd one looks old like the als and bls in the LA MOD 2.1

No need to use the large ambo from LA mod, I will consider to use the older one as a reserved ambo if necessary

I'm really looking towards this mod. I just read all 9 pages and the excitement is building. Just have some quick tips.

Ā 

MPD CVPI's don't have any front window lighting. Unless Unmarked. Marked units only have lightbar (mainly Valor), tail, head and reverse strobes and a rear deck minis. Some of our marked units have a full-length rear deck.

Ā 

Also, on a personal note...I would love to see if the steady patrol blues are fixed into the mod.

Ā 

FYI I would love to help make this mod!!!

I was wondering if there will be any plans as far as adding extra missions for the mod? Such as maybe protecting a VIP, Ā dealing with a breach to a government building, etc..

Ā 

Can't wait for this mod to be released, take your time though, no need to rush!Ā  :)Ā 

I have seen pictures of the ford ambulances, though I myself have not seen them whenever I've been through DC either, but it's one of those things you don't notice I guess unless you care. Ā But I have seen pictures of the fords along with the international ones parked together, so they do have both, I just don't know what they use them for (if there is any difference to them).

We do have them. But only in reserves. we mainly use the internationals now. You will rarely see a Ford Ambo in DC.

That's great that you guys have videos of lights that will hardly work in free play. This is how it is though. On that level, that many polys and lights will cause the game to crash. Next up you guys haven't completed projects so far nor shown any sort of modeling or mapping skills such as pathing or anything on that level. Lighting is fairly easy, just time consuming if you want to make something look good, not much of a mod skill. What can be shown for the progress of this mod to say that you guys won't quit it and start a brand new one next week?

• Downvote 1

That's great that you guys have videos of lights that will hardly work in free play. This is how it is though. On that level, that many polys and lights will cause the game to crash. Next up you guys haven't completed projects so far nor shown any sort of modeling or mapping skills such as pathing or anything on that level. Lighting is fairly easy, just time consuming if you want to make something look good, not much of a mod skill. What can be shown for the progress of this mod to say that you guys won't quit it and start a brand new one next week?

Basically your right but you donĀ“t have the right to be that harsh to this modding team. Everyone started small.

• Upvote 1

Basically your right but as you donĀ“t have anything released or working on and didnĀ“t contribute much to this community you donĀ“t have the right to be that harsh to this modding team. Everyone started small.

This guy actually models a lot of things, you just dont get to see them because they dont like to reveal their work ;)

Ā 

This mod is flawed for the simple reason that 600 lights on multiple vehicles would cause extreme lag and make the game umplayable.

Ā 

More importantly, the vehicles depicted by them aren't too accurate compared to the real thing despite the claims of having exact replicas and whatever.

Ā 

Please don't assume that the guy hasn't contributed anything. He surely has contributed a lot more than you have.

Oh sorry thats my fault of course, sry. I just tought it sounded pretty harsh. IĀ“m a starter too and i can kinda understand them. PaganiZonda760 seems to start mods motivated and then looses interest or messes up with credits. So the other guys donĀ“t have a fault here - do i understand that right?

This guy actually models a lot of things, you just dont get to see them because they dont like to reveal their work ;)

Ā 

This mod is flawed for the simple reason that 600 lights on multiple vehicles would cause extreme lag and make the game umplayable.

Ā 

More importantly, the vehicles depicted by them aren't too accurate compared to the real thing despite the claims of having exact replicas and whatever.

Ā 

Please don't assume that the guy hasn't contributed anything. He surely has contributed a lot more than you have.

Thanks itch :)

Ā 

Yes, I have modeled quite a bit of stuff and I do tons of lighting. An example of some of my modelling is in northview : south county which we released to the community. I modified helljumpers old engine and uv mapped it(it was horrible to uv map), created a station and a bunch of other model edits as well as editor work and tons of lighting. That is quite an old example though. I have a bit of stuff I haven't released to the community at this point.

Ā 

Oh sorry thats my fault of course, sry. I just tought it sounded pretty harsh. IĀ“m a starter too and i can kinda understand them. PaganiZonda760 seems to start mods motivated and then looses interest or messes up with credits. So the other guys donĀ“t have a fault here - do i understand that right?

Almost, there is now 2 projects that we know of that he started and hasn't completed.

• Downvote 1

The fact that people are trashing it. Isn't gonna stop me from supporting a mod of my Hometown. Whether he completes it or not. I'm just happy someone thought about making it. And those upset that someone posted their opinion that was "harsh". The person who posted it doesn't care. Like the common saying goes,"Opinions are like A**hole, Everyone got one." If you like the mod, then support it no matter what people post. If you don't like it, then don't follow it. I'm just understanding of all the people involved. The Creator and the Supporters. I just want everyone to treat each other with respect. Thats my two cents.

Ā 

PS: Video of an Engine and Medic lights for reference...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0m6AOhl84

• Downvote 1

The fact that people are trashing it. Isn't gonna stop me from supporting a mod of my Hometown. Whether he completes it or not. I'm just happy someone thought about making it. And those upset that someone posted their opinion that was "harsh". The person who posted it doesn't care. Like the common saying goes,"Opinions are like A**hole, Everyone got one." If you like the mod, then support it no matter what people post. If you don't like it, then don't follow it. I'm just understanding of all the people involved. The Creator and the Supporters. I just want everyone to treat each other with respect. Thats my two cents.

Ā 

PS: Video of an Engine and Medic lights for reference...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0m6AOhl84

Personally, a mod wouldnt be any good if the creators didnt listen to critisisms. Most of what people have said including myself is quite reasonable of a request, and 600 lights would definitely kill the game in a hurry.

Ā 

The lights on pretty much every vehicle can be done in an efficient and minimalistic manner.

Ā 

I'd be happy if someone did my hometown in Em4, but I'd be sad if I were unable to play it because it has super high poly models and 600 lights that make the game crash/

Personally, a mod wouldnt be any good if the creators didnt listen to critisisms. Most of what people have said including myself is quite reasonable of a request, and 600 lights would definitely kill the game in a hurry.

Ā 

The lights on pretty much every vehicle can be done in an efficient and minimalistic manner.

Ā 

I'd be happy if someone did my hometown in Em4, but I'd be sad if I were unable to play it because it has super high poly models and 600 lights that make the game crash/

Oh. See I have no idea what high poly cars means. I thought it meant the cars are highly detailed. And is the 600 lights, per cars or in total? And I agree. If you're going to make a mod. You have to be able to take all forms of criticism. Good and bad. I just hope that if this finished...im able to play it!!!

Oh. See I have no idea what high poly cars means. I thought it meant the cars are highly detailed. And is the 600 lights, per cars or in total? And I agree. If you're going to make a mod. You have to be able to take all forms of criticism. Good and bad. I just hope that if this finished...im able to play it!!!

The dude did 600 per car. Now imagine 600 times how many number of vehicles. Game killing definitely.

I can barely run 5 cars from Montana Mod without it lagging. I wouldn't possibly be able to run 2 cars if they have a total of 1200 lights. I now see where everyone is coming from. All this work and it wont be playable would suck....MAJORLY!!!Ā 

I'm one of the people who made Montana mod, and yes, the lights on some vehicles tend to be quite heavy. Combined with the (in my opinion) over-detailed buildings, it does cause a huge performance drag on the mod. Hopefully one of these days me or bama can redo every building and make em reasonable, and also clean up every vehicle too just to make it as optimized as possible.

Ā 

Unfortunately, due to our Chrismas 2014 release rush-job, we weren't able to, and have been unable to do so up to this day.