MedicalByte

Blender V3O Import/Export Scripts

58 minutes ago, mr matt5432123 said:

The download link isn't fixed (yet) at least for me, is it working for you?

No, I don't have it. I think it was originally an attachment to the website and it probably got broken after the website update. I already have the files I need I just need the files so one of my friends can download it.

My apologies to everyone for the absence, especially to those of you who were relying on the scripts for your modeling.

I have re-attached the files to the original post, as well as uploaded the files to the download center (http://www.emergency-planet.com/files/file/1205-blender-v3o-importexport-scripts/).

Life has been busy (which is awesome!), thus the reason for my absence. I'll try to pay better attention to the thread should any issues arise in the future.

Y'all take care.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2017 at 8:02 AM, itchboy said:

Some things I found regarding the v3o files in the materials line.

That is awesome! If I get any time I'll see about adding some options to the export script to allow for choosing the settings you want on export. I still remember scratching my head as to what some of those actually did haha.

Hello there! Today it seems that I've completely finished my first model made completely from scratch! Though, there seems to be 2 problems. Note that these problems do not arise until after I convert the file to a .v3o file.

1. in order for the uv map to show up in-game, I have to manually type in the name of the .png file into the .v3o file after opening it up in notepad, I'm fine with this, but it doesn't allow me to input more than one file, and I need to use 2 textures.

2. the vehicle appears to be at a 90 degree angle to the right on the Y axis, though I didn't set it that way, and when I imported it and attempted to fix it, it would not save it that way.

Any help at all would be amazingly appreciated, I've been working on a model pack for you all and would love to release them, but these are the 2 issues getting in the way of that.

I can take some screen shots if needed too. Thanks.

20 hours ago, itchboy said:

Did you also remove line 44? The split_edges line I mean.

It's commented out with a '#'

20 hours ago, itchboy said:

If the model you're working on has the edges split, you will have to restore it manually by removing all the doubles and splitting the model section by section.

Makes sense to me. Removing doubles is no problem. I don't understand the second part thou.

2 hours ago, Florian_S. said:

It's commented out with a '#'

Makes sense to me. Removing doubles is no problem. I don't understand the second part thou.

i use blender regularly and this is something i wasn't understanding until recently. So what you do is select each side(Left, Right, Front, Back, Top, Bottom, Etc) and press the Y key in the 3D view of blender. Upon doing this you will also need to select doors on buildings or anything that is uv'd seperatly(kinda like an object is being constructed seperatly in blender) and it will resolve the UV issues. Without splitting each side this is what the model will look like.

TNgaujJ.png

Building Model and Texture by - THVFD

5 hours ago, Florian_S. said:

It's a QWERTZ layout so Y and Z are switched. Pressing Y calls split although it seems like nothing happens.

it will seem like nothing happens it just sepereates the vertices that are connected to the other side there won't really be a noticable difference

I just had this problem starting last night. The other day I exported a .v3o from Blender and it was working fine. But last night and today when I tried to export a model it gives me an error message. Does anyone know what could be causing this? In the upper right is the error message I recieve.

Blender [C__Users_Alex_Desktop_RescueBox.blend] 2_19_2019 7_42_07 PM.png