Hoppah

[HOLD] New York City Modification v2.0

The mod runs on a mission-script for it's freeplay now, it no longer uses the original freeplay framework, so the "missions" in the game are what you play for the actual mod's freeplay now.  We have no intentions of doing single missions in addition to the freeplay missionscript setup, because of the freeplay mission script though we will have more elaborate missions included along with the original style missions found in the basic freeplay.

The mod runs on a mission-script for it's freeplay now, it no longer uses the original freeplay framework, so the "missions" in the game are what you play for the actual mod's freeplay now. We have no intentions of doing single missions in addition to the freeplay missionscript setup, because of the freeplay mission script though we will have more elaborate missions included along with the original style missions found in the basic freeplay.

Very cool!

It's going but a minor hiccup has taken place that has caused untimely delays in the progress of the mod.  Still work on it but it has to timeshare now.

ub9afgeuunv3a0oc6250.jpgGTAV-Kuruma-Armored.png

It's going but a minor hiccup has taken place that has caused untimely delays in the progress of the mod.  Still work on it but it has to timeshare now.

ub9afgeuunv3a0oc6250.jpgGTAV-Kuruma-Armored.png

Is this Grand Theft Auto 5 looks to me like a pack of DLC ?

Are you going to add the kuruma to the mod as a fictional NYPD fast response tactical team? :)

No, the kuruma's window's arent armored =-( the one fatal flaw in both of those toys.. I personally <3 the insurgent more, it squishes anything in it's path.. Far more fun to play with.

On topic we're very slowly because of the above working on more boat toys.. I will eventually knock them all out, but yep blame GTA.

Absolutely, the mod would not make sense to be a ground-up replacement for the original, given the time it would take to replace everything so many of the original components carry over into the current version.  Just as LA did not abandon it's resources neither will NY.

It's a different system than the original version you all get to tinker with right now, so everything that did exist that we carried over had to be adapted to function under our new systems..  The "randomize" script that permitted different vehicles to be called out instead of a lengthy menu that sent each and every one manually is still in place, it just made more practical sense to use that method as opposed to menus that are over 40 selections.

His modification will likely be incompatible until/unless he updates it.  While we are re-using many of the original vehicles from the released modification, his latest version from my understanding includes new vehicles which will no longer function with the new version, along with all the new additions which he does not have at this time.  If not for his additions of new vehicles I would say it would probably work, but adding new vehicles into our new modification requires additional work as opposed to the original release.

His modification will likely be incompatible until/unless he updates it.  While we are re-using many of the original vehicles from the released modification, his latest version from my understanding includes new vehicles which will no longer function with the new version, along with all the new additions which he does not have at this time.  If not for his additions of new vehicles I would say it would probably work, but adding new vehicles into our new modification requires additional work as opposed to the original release.

Great, and here I am trying to fix these damn cars and they won't even function like normal. Should I just give up and return to [god's gift to man] EM3?  :machkaputt:

Great, and here I am trying to fix these damn cars and they won't even function like normal. Should I just give up and return to [god's gift to man] EM3

The ones that we made in V1 will work fine, it's the ones that you've added yourself that won't function properly without some work on your part.  The original vehicles for the most part should function fine, it's your added units that you've taken it upon yourself to add that will be incompatible with V2.  Most of the original ones should work as intended.  So that hopefully tells you what you wanted to know, the original stuff, should transfer, new stuff won't since we didnt incorporate it into our end. Plus you'd have a good number of new things you'd need to relight to make them match your submod.

Well just an update and a poll which I'm going to let run it's course for at least half the month, maybe the whole month.  We've gotten to the largest fire boat we're going to represent and are left at an impasse. The options are a vessel that from what I could find was put into service in around 2011 which makes it beyond our cap date for the mod's timeline (Marine 6 "Bravest") or alternatively the vessel which was present during our mod's timeline "Kevin C. Kane" which is within the timeline since apparently "Bravest" replaced it, but the problem is sourcing imagery for this vessel.  So ultimately we're going to toss this problem to the users to pick which one they want, "Bravest" is newer than our cap-date so it would be the newest thing in the mod, and slightly out of place with the rest of the units, but there is more available imagery to make that vessel happen, compared to "Kevin C. Kane" which is within our timeline very nicely, but lacks great source imagery from what I've found of it.  So with the older vessel there will have to be some guesswork, ultimately either vessel will function/serve the same purpose for the mod in what we intend to do with it, so I leave it up to the end-users to decide if they want the accurate (to our time) older vessel, or the newer vessel even though it is beyond when we've cut off the timeline of our mod.

Up to you guys to pick, either way I'll make the vessel.

In the case of other additions of marine units we've done they push the timeline as well but the vessels that are newer tend to be better fits for the way the game works. In this instance it can be either the older one or the newer one and still do the job, so up to you.

I picked option 2 because I think it would fit better in the mod, this mod looks amazing as well, can't wait to play it the old version was one of my first mods for this game