RestingVermin

Denver Mod! [Released Not Done Version]

I like the ambulance. However, the police skin is some kinda simple. I am not saying that it is necessarily wrong but it seems weird. 

UPDATE 2015-04-14

After a while you have got an update from me! :)

Please let me know what you think fo the skins!

A huge thank you to itchboy for letting me use his models! :)

More to come soon! :)

Some tips to help improve your mod:

• Try not to aim for just simple reskins of my or other's vehicles. Its nice having different things once in a while. Here's some tips to vastly increase the accuracy of your units.
    • You should try to add variants and things. Best example in that pic would be for you to change out the light setup on the ambulance box. There are many light setups you can find on the internet.
    • The police crusiers could be installed with many equipment such as bama's spotlights, rambar and ALPR cameras. You have a decent selection of lightbars to choose from, cops, mine or EmC-Unit's.
    • According to Bugi, the skin looks simple. Some insight I can give:
      • I'm guessing your skins are based of these:
      • denver-police.jpeg?w=1200
      • cnpca20217.jpg
      • You can use my Whelen Freedom lightbar then color the lightbar according to that. Bama's spotlights and rambar are perfect for this vehicle. Everything for this vehicle is available here.
      • Your logos and decals are a bit too big and you're missing the circle decal at the rear bit behind rear window
      • The part of the rambar that wraps can be modelled very easilly
      • The rear window texture can be edited to have those bars and stuff on it
    • For the ambulance skin:
      • 7320576772_15ccbcd747_z.jpg
      • I'd recommend making the orange stripe wrap around the vehicle more.
      • Its missing the top stripe and some lettering
      • The LED's on the box appear to be big versions of Whelen M2's that I've released
      • A nice touch would be modelling the oval things on the hood and the horn on the side
      • Some new wheels would suffice. The front wheels in my ambulance are perfect for this role, but you could make your own.
  • Now for my opinion on the map
    • It looks great and is a breath of fresh air from all of the mods using the LA Mod map
    • Although its new, it feels too European IMO. Doesn't look American to me coming from someone who's never been in America
    • You could try sourcing new North American architectural buildings into the map
    • Something really cool would be to model the actual firestation, hospital, etc in Denver.

Edited: It is a seal with the Denver PD badge in the center of it with a blue line going diagonally through it, I can't find what the writing states, this is the best picture i've found of it so far.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by MikeyPI

Here's more from MikeyPI's comment: 

[img[http://policecararchives.org/colorado/denver_images/cnpca20218.jpg

It reads Lest We Forget on the top and on bottom, Denver Police Department. Appears to have a gold 60 with a Blue line crossing through at about a 70 degree angle, the top being on the right. Almost as if 60 is on a black circle background

You're missing To Save - and Protect on the Taurus and Explorer at the badge

And the 3002 and 4328 numbers for police cars

So I propose as the rest of you on this forum to refine the texture

I can also add that the local police is very easy to paint a good luck,

You're missing To Save - and Protect on the Taurus and Explorer at the badge

And the 3002 and 4328 numbers for police cars

So I propose as the rest of you on this forum to refine the texture

I can also add that the local police is very easy to paint a good luck,

The numbers can be pretty much anything actually. He doesn't need to use actual numbers, but he is indeed missing numbers on the vehicles.

Would be cool if he used actual vehicle numbers, license plates and tiny details unique to those vehicles. Nobody (but my LA Mod vehicles) does that actually.

The PD paint scheme of Denver PD is actually quite easy to replicate. LAPD would probably be the only thing that's easier to do.

Right now, the little details may not be as important, unit numbers and small things will become much more obvious once the mod has a version out. The LA Mod was very inaccurate until the first few version were out, and suddenly people playing it in LA wanted to provide all sorts of information to improve it. 

So while it's nice, it's not #1 priority 

Okay Guys. I have taken a short vacation so no updates for a few days but there are some replys.

Bugi: Yeah I will be working more soon on that. Thanks for your opinion!

ThatOnelowan: I dont see the the interceptors thats why I did a skin for a other one.

Itchboy: The skin will be updated on the units. I forgot to write that the lightbar whas going to be added later on. I had a thought a few days ago to add some of bamas stuff on the PD if I coud get permission but I don't know what happened to that idea. But now I will add some of his stuff if I get permission. I agree 100% to everything you said  and I will work more when I get back home. And I will have new models on one (if not 2) fire station(s) and a new hospital building. That will be made by THVFD that is very kind of doing that.

Mikey: As I said in to the comment to Itchboy, I forgot to say that the lightbar will be added later on. Thank you for the information though! :)

Newfoundking: Thanks for more information! The nubers and text will be added in the next update I will post.

rcpd: It will be added later on! :)

Now after reading all these comments. I feel like I have rushed this mod too much. And something I want to point out is that I dont have all the time in the world to work on this mod. I still have school and it's much I need to train on for many tests. Next time you see an update there will be more work being done on the units.

Thank you for all your opinions and comments! :)

UPDATE!

I have bad news for you :(

I will redoo everything for the denver mod. (NOT the police units) I don't want any questions on why! 

Good News! :)

But I am now back working with this mod. The first version of this mod will be only a reskin of the LA mod! Then I'll see what the future brings.

You will soon get updates! :)

UPDATE!

I have bad news for you :(

I will redoo everything for the denver mod. (NOT the police units) I don't want any questions on why! 

Good News! :)

But I am now back working with this mod. The first version of this mod will be only a reskin of the LA mod! Then I'll see what the future brings.

You will soon get updates! :)

I have some fd skins for a Denver mod that was released to a clan that I did some skinning for if you would like I will try and get them off my old laptop for you.

I have some fd skins for a Denver mod that was released to a clan that I did some skinning for if you would like I will try and get them off my old laptop for you.

Yeah, I woud love that! :D Is it you skins? If not, do you have permission do give them to me and for me to use them in this mod?

UPDATE! 2015 may 18th

Today I will showcase some units! I will make some minor texture updates on some but I just wanted to know how you think!

Police skins by ThatOneIowan! 

What do you think?

All models besides Engne 2 and Ladder 1 is from the LA mod. Engine 2 and Ladder 1 is made by Bama1234!

post-59832-0-44574700-1431964079_thumb.j

post-59832-0-45792100-1431964083_thumb.j

post-59832-0-57532400-1431964087_thumb.j

post-59832-0-98263300-1431964091_thumb.j

post-59832-0-71722600-1431964095_thumb.j

post-59832-0-60057800-1431964098_thumb.j

post-59832-0-91994500-1431964107_thumb.j

post-59832-0-07237000-1431964112_thumb.j

post-59832-0-42214100-1431964115_thumb.j