ENG51INE

Mayberry County [Released]

I have noticed that too & sometimes that Paramedics have becomes a FF too or FF becomes whatever the last person to handle the Supply line.

This is a bug in the water supply script. All mods using the script have this issue. Montana does, my LA Mod does, this mod does. Can't be fixed unfortunately.

This is a bug in the water supply script. All mods using the script have this issue. Montana does, my LA Mod does, this mod does. Can't be fixed unfortunately.

Yep. The script in a way remembers the proto that attached the line, so when you go to disconnect it, it automatically changes to the original proto. Noticed it in my Ocean City one day.

Actually, it just takes one line to fix the switch;. the only issue is that the firehose turns invisible for some reason. I can post later when I get to my main system after work.

This has been occurring in the mod since it first came out. I have usually noticed it with my firefighters becoming county firefighters or FF/Paramedics becoming FF/EMTs. I try to make sure that I disconnect the hose with the same person who connected it, but if the different character really bothers you you ccan always send the vehicle back to HQ and call it out again with the correct crew.

n->ChangePrototype(p.GetPrototypeFileName());

That's the line you need to add, usually just before a line like:

n->ClearFlag(OF_HIDDEN);

Scripts that will need it: Wye and Hose Exension scripts, and Attach Firehose.

But this means that for example: (using LA Mod units for context)

Two engines, one filled with FF PM's, the other, FF EMT's (so 4 PMs and 4 EMTs)

An FF PM sets up the wye. The EMT's then attach to it. Then one EMT removes the wye, but the hidden person becomes an EMT. So there are now 3 PMs and 5 EMTs

This still isnt the solution. It causes an imbalance of units.

No, it works out.

PM places wye. PM hidden, new PM created.

EMT removes wye.  Hidden PM changed to EMT and un-hidden, EMT deleted.

• 4 Initial Paramedics and EMTs (4/4).
  • 1 Paramedic Created (5/4), but hidden.
  • 1 hidden Paramedic changed to EMT (4/5), but 1 EMT deleted immediately (4/4).

I tried my own method. Its a bit intrusive though.

• Normal method of placing wye/water supply BUT
    • Only the FF who set up the supply/wye/extension can remove it
    • If you select the wrong FF, the game will script the right one for you
    • The problem lies here. It isn't obvious that another FF has been selected, so he may be in the middle of doing something else important when you send him to remove the thing
    • Also, the FF would have to be on the map in the first place. Can't send him away otherwise -GAME CRASH-

I tried my own method. Its a bit intrusive though.

• Normal method of placing wye/water supply BUT
    • Only the FF who set up the supply/wye/extension can remove it
    • If you select the wrong FF, the game will script the right one for you
    • The problem lies here. It isn't obvious that another FF has been selected, so he may be in the middle of doing something else important when you send him to remove the thing
    • Also, the FF would have to be on the map in the first place. Can't send him away otherwise -GAME CRASH-

I'd suggest going back to the original way, and then adding the ChangePrototype line in the appropriate places. Other than the invisible firehose, I've never run in to any issues.

I just feel that Mayberry is getting more bugs with each version the team release. Another thing that annoys me is: Why isn't the modder able to include those two Corona files in his mod folder from the beginning?

Instead they tell you to change your main game files.

Rule nr.1 never change your main game files without backup. The white squares will also be gone if you include the coronas in your modfolder in the right directionary.

One thing I do like is the new main firestation although I will need to play a little with the physics and collisions to get squad 4 out of its bay.

Why isn't the modder able to include those two Corona files in his mod folder from the beginning?

Because they might not be allowed to?

The white squares will also be gone if you include the coronas in your modfolder in the right directionary.

Never worked for me.

Instead they tell you to change your main game files. Rule nr.1 never change your main game files without backup.

In this case, these are NEW files, as far as I remember.

Never worked for me.

Really? Hmm that's odd. I just created a Coronas folder inside the Textures folder and it worked brilliant. If I remember correctly Montana has an extra Coronas folder, too.

Well I am just very carefull with my main files but it's a completely different story if those are new files.

Really? Hmm that's odd. I just created a Coronas folder inside the Textures folder and it worked brilliant. If I remember correctly Montana has an extra Coronas folder, too.

Well I am just very carefull with my main files but it's a completely different story if those are new files.

The problem with that though, for those of us that actually mod, adding that into there creates duplicates inside the editor when creating lights. Its a real pain in the butt!

It's like the modder has said before if you don't like what he has made or continues to update then don't play his mods. He does all the work on his own. Give him the credit he deserves for all the hard work he has done.

Agreed, people seem to forget (or don't understand) how much time and work go into making mods for EM4.

I am not changing the fire spread or the explosions.  It all depends on your system which events you get when.  When I play personally, I rarely get any fires and get all car accidents and medical calls, and my fires do not spread very quickly.

and than there is me, that starts out with a Appliance Fire and ends up with a 7 Alarm half the city burned down and MCU working overtime. except for the Engine Pumper getting stuck in the bay I do love 1.5.0

Thank you for your hard work.