Terrow

Anyone still planning to mod EM4 when the new game releases?

This is just my opinion as of now:

I dont necesarily plan on migrating immediately to EM5. I will wait and see its modding capabilities before getting on the bandwagon. Honestly, I dont think any of my models and car packs are going to make it into EM5 simply because of how detailed the default models appear to be. I will definitely be learning the new scripting language of EM5 though. Hopefully we can recreate our beloved LA Mod into EM5 with what we already have. We have the technology.

I may not "Start" a new mod for EM4, but I will continue and finish my current one, then move onto EM5, as itch said, depending on it's capabilitys.

Hopefully EM5 lives up to the high expectations we've set for it.

I am planing on starting a mod bases on standart civil cars reskins.

but like itchboy said the quality level on the new game is huge, it will require to study new 3d modding programs, buy them than, get new computer for the game...

In fact, most of the first EM4 mods were in fact just reskins. Hopefully models and everything else can be ported over.

Upgrading one's PC is an issue as well. My PC can barely reach the specs, so I guess I'll wait until my money tree grows back before I consider my options with the game.

Quite alot of modders will continue making the mods that there working on and also might be hesitant and first untill a big mod has released for example quite alot of stuff from the La mod is still in brand new mods even Brooklyn. Like its been said countless times there wont be alot of mods on em5 for a while so people might still make new mods on emergency 4 but they might drop it and move on to em5 mods depending on the demand and ease of modding.

With the system specs of the new game and the questions still persisting about total ability to mod it  I would say quite a few modders will retain the EM4 modding.  Alot of people out there don't have the greatest machines (myself included) so with the GTA esque sys requirements I can tell ya alotta people won't be rushing out to buy a new computer just for this one game.  EM4 will linger for a time as the primary bread and butter of modding, some will attempt to transfer to EM5 but I would give it a while before I expected to see "new" modding come out on that platform.  Especially if older items cannot be ported.

I imagine the following will happen:

Initial hype will die down upon release, and Em4 mods will continue to release versions, and if possible, these mods will start porting to Em5. I highly doubt that Em4 mods will start to die off for another year or so. Even longer if modding capabilities are not the same

I have seen it when GTA Vice City changed to San Andreas and SA  to GTAIV, I predict the same for EM5, eventually 90% of the modders will migrate to Em5 modding, however there will be a core that stays with EM4.

I am cautiously optimistic that EM5 will be easy to mod, however as stated the quality of Models is on a whole new level. Now what would be nice is if we could import open GTA IV Models for example. 

But all that is written in the future yet.

my 2 cents

I also think it matters on what you need to Mod it, will it still be .V30 files, if so, can you use ZMod 2 or will you have to upgrade to ZMod 3, which will cost you.

I read somewhere, probably during that overview of the editor, that the stuff will be in .MESH. That said I believe there is a option in Zmod, or one of them, to export in that type. I would say the major doubts that remain with the future EM5 modding is to what extent it will be moddable. There is no word on anything about scripting or making new scripts which is a very important part of the the emergency game modding. Its going to be a wait and see with it and it will be a lot of trial and error. I remember seeing a post somewhere about modding questions where it said tillers in EM4 is not possible. Well Hoppah did that one. Same with things such as tower ladders working etc etc. It won't be quick progress unless everything is able to be ported, which I doubt

I read somewhere, probably during that overview of the editor, that the stuff will be in .MESH. That said I believe there is a option in Zmod, or one of them, to export in that type. I would say the major doubts that remain with the future EM5 modding is to what extent it will be moddable. There is no word on anything about scripting or making new scripts which is a very important part of the the emergency game modding. Its going to be a wait and see with it and it will be a lot of trial and error. I remember seeing a post somewhere about modding questions where it said tillers in EM4 is not possible. Well Hoppah did that one. Same with things such as tower ladders working etc etc. It won't be quick progress unless everything is able to be ported, which I doubt

In an interview they stated that EM5 will come with an SDK, allowing EM5 to have better scripting capabilities then any other previous Emergency Game. Its safe to say that modding in EM5 is as good and most likely better then EM4. Sixteen Tons have released numerous information, all be it all over the place, stating the ability to mod vehicles, peds, create maps, an SDK for scripts, create custom events - they've given us an all new from scratch editor.

I also doubt things will be able to be ported, though I personally am happy that this isn't possible, the game engine is way too different and improved to move Emergency 4 models to Emergency 5. This should be a new era for emergency 5, new mods with the extreme detail and capabilities that Emergency 5 offers.

Yeah that's going to be the problem that most people arent considering.. There are not a great deal of new content modelers out there, alot of kitbashing capable people (change lightbars/objects) but not alot of new content makers.  With the performance requirements, some of them can't/won't port to the game with it's high system requirements.  

That being said, imo what most people are banking on doing probably won't work.  I doubt you will be able to port in the GTA IV+ vehicles into this game and have them work without causing performance issues.

I'm in a wait-and-see type of pattern, but for at least 6 months to a year after it's release I'd still expect the bulk of the work to be with the known em4 game platform, and some modern light/skin/map alterations to be out during that time (if it allows them easy enough).  The editor having more SDK features is a good thing IF it makes it easier to do things with it, but that remains to be seen imo at this time.