Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

Ah, the good old British way of murdering everyone >:)

Haha, done that a few times before ;)

---

On a side note, repeated messages in a single post happen regularly for me when I have slow internet and leave it open while my phone is locked to upload. I don't do it deliberately and fix it when I realise.

Announcement

This could be a good announcement or a bad one, all depends on how you look at it - So I hope you take the time to read and understand it.

I don't think anyone here could truthfully say they haven't noticed a lack of updates, posts, pictures and videos. There are actually many reasons behind this as I will now explain.

For those who don't know, this topic was opened mid July last year (18th July 2014) and with no doubt started getting popular pretty quickly (As many new UK mods do). Nearly a year of development later, the Alpha release came out and many of you did and still are enjoying it. After that I continued showing development including new police personnel and BTP vehicles, now however there has been a serious lack of such posts.

What are the reasons for this? Putting it simply, I can't find it in me to work on the mod. From a few months after the start of the topic all the way through to release I was spending countless hours a day, everyday, working on it. It gets tiring and I don't have any motivation left for it.

Now at the beginning I said that this could be a good announcement, however you are most likely looking back trying to find anything I have just said that is good. While this modification has died (From the beginning I had thoughts of it just being a test or trial mod, which I guess it has evidently become), I have been able to give life to a new one. Now you can ask 'how do I know this one will get anywhere and that you will stick with it'? Well here's my answer to that:

What took me about 4 months to do for Kent Mod took me (And the person helping me) just one month for this mod. I am spending reasonable hours on it, getting work done, creating brand new features, making it look and play good but not getting burned out. I can use the skills I have acquired through Kent Mod and I am learning more. I am enjoying it.

I will most likely not announce this modification until it is close to a release date, however I can say, yes it is a UK Modification. There are lots of great things planned for it and I can't wait for it to be enjoyed by you all.

The map update along with BTP and the personnel I created after the release will still be completed and uploaded. When that update is out, if people decided to add in station parking or make the call-out menu I will happily patch it in :)

Thank you to all of those who have shown their support for the mod, I hope to not disappoint in the future!

Topic will be left open. 

Thank you so much for the annoucement! Really helped clear things up :cool:

Was actualy coming on here to ask politely what was happening as it has been a long time. Speak of the Devil, they say.

I will once again congratulate you on how far you got with this mod, remenbering how you did not know what a PM was to creating my favourite mod, so far...

I also want to thank you in being so honest and informing us on what is happening, unlike many who just dissapear and leave everything in the dust.

I can understand your reasons for ending this mod, lack of motivation is something I seem to end uo with no matter what I do in life :laugh:

It is also very kind of you to finish up what you have started so that the community can enjoy it, despite you not enjoying making it. I am also thankful that you are happy to patch in anything others make for the mod.

I also cannot wait for this other UK mod, sounds fantabulous! Shame you are not going to post about it until near release, would love to see pictures of it. :D Would you be willing to say who you are working with?

Speaking of which,

@USAR

It was some time ago you said you had made progress regarding the callout menu. Are you still working on this? Have you stopped? Is it at all ready for release?

I understand you have a life and are doing this in your spare time, but it would be nice to know what is going on

Thanks

1) I also want to thank you in being so honest and informing us on what is happening, unlike many who just dissapear and leave everything in the dust.

It is also very kind of you to finish up what you have started so that the community can enjoy it, despite you not enjoying making it. I am also thankful that you are happy to patch in anything others make for the mod.

2) Shame you are not going to post about it until near release, would love to see pictures of it.

3) Would you be willing to say who you are working with?

1) I don't think I would be able to just go. Not only would it be on my conscience but I'd be chased up all over the place :P Like not be able to disappear, I don't think I can just leave the mod completely unfinished, especially when I have finished stuff just sitting there.

2) I do not know how close to release I will post about it but it will be easier to be about to work on it without also having to deal with PR.

3) I'll leave it to him if he wanted :)

1) I don't think I would be able to just go. Not only would it be on my conscience but I'd be chased up all over the place :P Like not be able to disappear, I don't think I can just leave the mod completely unfinished, especially when I have finished stuff just sitting there.

2) I do not know how close to release I will post about it but it will be easier to be about to work on it without also having to deal with PR.

3) I'll leave it to him if he wanted :)

Ok, thank you. I know what you are saying, but some just dont care :laugh:

Sad to see you go!

Thank you for creating such a great mod , all is appriceated!

1) will update include hato?

2)Is the new mod a completly new idea or just a Improved mod idea?

3) Is it English. Not Scottish....?

4) Fies it include a motorway :D

1) If I get the time to do a vehicle quickly then it's a possibility :)

2) New.

3 & 4) Just want to say to everyone that I won't be answering any questions on the new mod - On here or via PM.

its a shame but i think there is nothing worse than creating something when you have lost interest, this is your project and people hopefully can respect your decision.

Speaking of which,

@USAR

It was some time ago you said you had made progress regarding the callout menu. Are you still working on this? Have you stopped? Is it at all ready for release?

I understand you have a life and are doing this in your spare time, but it would be nice to know what is going on

Thanks

Iv done the police but i carnt get the peds to come out with them.

in the units.xml file have you pointed that to the prototype files for the different types of personnel you want to add to the different units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I have never done it, it should be fairly simple:

1) Add the personel and equipment to the specs section, like you have with the police cars.

3) Ensure the following can be found in the police car specs file .xml (with the correct names):

a) image.png

b) image.png

- You don't need to worry about the bit for missions, only the freeplay bit.

Hope that helps

How well devoloped is the next version?

Im not asking for date just saying like 60%

Have you not read this mod is dead now he is working on some other new uk mod but no guarantee that will if released either get any further than alpha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you not read this mod is dead

I am still releasing another version of this Mod and as I said, more if certain features are created by the community - That is what he is talking about.

How well devoloped is the next version?
Im not asking for date just saying like 60%

I cannot give a date neither a percentage. The map is pretty much done and I just need to add a Highways England vehicle, Tow Truck and tidy a few bits up here and there.

The map update along with BTP and the personnel I created after the release will still be completed and uploaded. When that update is out, if people decided to add in station parking or make the call-out menu I will happily patch it in 

Wait I'm very confused are u stopping work altogether or r u going to resume work on the map and when THATS done then up you stop work?

I will be preparing the map (Few bits to sort out) and fixing a couple of bits here and there, then releasing that version. That is where I shall be stopping work on it but will return to patch things in like I said in the announcement :)