Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

i personally feel that send back to station buttons need to be added to the units as for me its the only thing thats stopping me from playing long games as it annoys me having to send the units back manually and having to make sure they are not blocking other vehicles from getting in or out apart from that the mod seems really good

Back to station commands may be coming in a future update but on the current map the only way is manually. If you right click + Shift whilst the lights are off on you vehicles your vehicle will move without activating light/sirens, and because the vehicles move slower its easier to get the units in to bays at the fire station. As Pottyscotty said has said in the past, if you get a large incident its probably better to restart the game after it. 

am i the only person who can play 2 hours plus on one save? parking pumps is never a problem theres always space or make it look like there doing fire safety 

no :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking of having a third smaller fire station in the northern central area of the map and it would have a water carrier and two rescue pumps, do you think this is a good idea? Also if this idea went ahead i would probably remove both water carriers from current stations and only have 1 on map at this new station.

Here is what the station will probably look like: https://flic.kr/p/ynXyVw

I appreciate the feed back and although i cant implement every feature that has been suggested i will do my best to get as many of them in the map for the next update, again if anyone has any more suggestions feel free to tell me and i will hopefully be able to implement them :)

no :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking of having a third smaller fire station in the northern central area of the map and it would have a water carrier and two rescue pumps, do you think this is a good idea? Also if this idea went ahead i would probably remove both water carriers from current stations and only have 1 on map at this new station.

Here is what the station will probably look like: https://flic.kr/p/ynXyVw

I appreciate the feed back and although i cant implement every feature that has been suggested i will do my best to get as many of them in the map for the next update, again if anyone has any more suggestions feel free to tell me and i will hopefully be able to implement them :)

Personally I think the fire station by the docks should be small, otherwise there are to many things on the map

Agree, have that new small one, but also make the docks one smaller or all voluntary or something and then keep the one by the hospital big.

Another point, I noticed there were more red insignias in the latest map, but when I drove past a fire station near Dover (in Folkestone), there were 4 insignias out front, a black VW Touran officers car (well it had a blue light stuck on top of it and it's black from all the exhaust fumes of VWs ;) ) in the doors there were three pumps, and then out back there was a CARP/TLP (not sure what they are called) as well as about 7 more insignias. My point, the fire stations are jam packed full of those damn insignias.

So I think what I will do is have a similar small station in the port where there will be a ladder, rescue pump, and pump and in the back a insignia and the command unit and its iru and then have the other engines that where based there moved over to the main station near the hospital in case an engine gets destroyed these will be able to be used as spares.

I have reduced the size of the port fire station.

Railway fire station: https://flic.kr/p/z4DyKc

Port fire station: https://flic.kr/p/z4H1MX

List of appliances at both fire stations

PORT:

1 Rescue pump

1 Pump

1 Turntable ladder

1 Command unit

1 IRU

1 Insignia

RAILWAY:

2 Rescue pumps

1 Water carrier

3 Insignias 

i like the railway one but i prefer the old port station it worked nicely 

Damn it it seems to be a 50/50 split, i dont know what to do,

Vote here http://strawpoll.me/5633581

I will take the poll down a 00:00 GMT on the 3/10/15

I do like the changes you have made. 

I have added a 3rd station which holds 2 pumps and the TL. I then put the Water Carrier / IRU's and Command Unit into one station. It also holds a Rescue pump. This kinda makes that a Tech station but works nicely. 

The Insignias i have combined with Ops Support and Officers. I love the detailing in this mod. 

I do like the changes you have made.

I have added a 3rd station which holds 2 pumps and the TL. I then put the Water Carrier / IRU's and Command Unit into one station. It also holds a Rescue pump. This kinda makes that a Tech station but works nicely.

The Insignias i have combined with Ops Support and Officers. I love the detailing in this mod.

Love the idea of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think the fire station by the docks should be small, otherwise there are to many things on the map

I think its worth noting that until until we have the ability to call additional units, having whats available works or else if you had a job major incident with no units available...would be a little pointless. 

Its your choice of course but i would bare the above in mind. 

I like both styles of fire station but that is the reason it was a bigger station, recently i had a huge fire due to an arsonist and i had all fire engines from both stations attend and i had reserve engines go to both stations so i get having a big station.

On the other hand there would be two 3 bay stations with the same amount of units as the 6 bay port station, so there would be no shortage of units.

I think its worth noting that until until we have the ability to call additional units, having whats available works or else if you had a job major incident with no units available...would be a little pointless.

Its your choice of course but i would bare the above in mind.

Yes I agree however I don't really like it when half your map is a fire station / police station e.c.t

i dont like the fire station thats my only thing its too american haha i love the kent one

That is true

--------------------------------------

2 Hours until the poll closes

http://strawpoll.me/5633581

Votes from the poll from now on will not count.

1. 3 bay/+IRU station

10 votes (48%)
2. 6 bay/+IRU/ 6 appliance port station

8 votes (38%)
3. No fire station

3 votes (14%)

That kind of answers my question, I have been playing for ages and am yet to get the train incident that I added, does it work ok