The Loot

White Overlay On LA Ladder Truck

Most likely; it was an underpowered hunk of junk.

My new rig is blazing fast and capable, so it's a whole new experience (the best part being that it cost little more than 1/3 of the usual I paid for past pre-built systems).

I can finally handle awesome lighting in mods now!

Alright, new related issue. When I turned off alpha reflections on the ladder, the basket turns mostly transparent. When alphas are on, the basket it fine, but the truck has that overlay again. I've made sure the basket super prototype has alphas off, and it looks fine on its own, but not on the vehicle.

I wonder if maybe the model or texture files are causing these issues.

Edited by Newfoundking
What the hell?

I restored the original v3o and dds files, and everything is fine now. Not sure if I'll be able to edit the texture, because after unlocking the texture, when I open it in Paint.Net, there's not a lot of the texture showing; just the wheels really. It stays the same after converting to png.

post-35570-0-85224500-1402233703_thumb.j

Can't figure out how to do either of those. I just also installed a dds plugin for GIMP, but it's showing the same, and I'm not seeing either of those options there either.

For some reason, that original dds texture ends up making the vehicle invisible when alphas are turned off on it. Something really weird is going on with the ladder textures.

Well...that works too. Setting graphics details to low disables the alpha effect on objects whether it is enabled or not. But I wonder if The Loot is willing to sacrifice bloom effects, water shader effects and smooth shadows just for one glitchy firetruck despite the fact he has a frickin' GTX 780.

IF the damned thing doesnt make use of the alpha traits, meaning nothing is transparent via the alpha channel, delete the alpha channel from the texture and/or save it as a .BMP and re-associate the model file to BMP instead of DDS since BMP doesnt have alphas =)

Alright, I got it figured. None of those ideas worked (in fact, I ended up making the basket pure black or white with two different methods), but I noticed that while GIMP still displayed it as a mostly transparent image after I converted it to bmp, Explorer showed the texture just fine in the image viewer. I took a screencap, cropped it, pasted it over the dds file, saved it, and now it looks fine. That was weird.

Welcome to GIMP and why we don't use it, it works differently than other programs (as is always the case) for whatever reason it doesnt do alpha channels in a separate arena like psp/photosux does.. In either of those programs you can simply delete the alpha channel which is alot easier if it doesnt serve a legit purpose.