itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

NVFD's garbage truck type is fairly common as garbage trucks go, they would tend to be the most common from my experience around this country and canada, on different chassis ofc. They tend to be ran for sanitation in the neighborhoods, the forked garbage truck is for commercial dumpster dumping.

NVFD's garbage truck type is fairly common as garbage trucks go, they would tend to be the most common from my experience around this country and canada, on different chassis ofc.

There are also pictures of International 7400 garbage trucks on google. Is that also common in america?

I really want to do it. There already is a 7400 in EM4. The USFS Fire truck.

Were you the one who did that model? Can I modify it and use it please?

There are also pictures of International 7400 garbage trucks on google. Is that also common in america?

Yes its not really specific to that Truck but that kind of Garbage Truck is used alot but about every kind of truck can be used as a garbage truck like that.

But I'm sure that alot of places use the International truck.

Well, I already have a similar truck in my mod. I guess its up to you to skin it into that :P

BTW, we call that type of cake a "Fudgie Bar" over here. Essentially the same except filled with chocolate.

ah sounds like it'd taste really good

I like the top one myself, however their is enough variety in tankers/tenders that I'm sure if their is a model of tanker truck out there some resourceful VFD has made it into a tanker/tender.

Seems like on the West Coast these smaller, two axle dry side tankers are much more popular and would be a lot easier to make compared to those massive rigs.

B-Pierce-Jackson-County-25194-1_2.jpg?wi

And here's a nice resource for modeling a piece of Pierce apparatus, you can download the blueprints of any truck they make and use it as a template to model from.  

http://www.piercemfg.com/PierceMfg/media/PierceMainMediaLibrary/Images/NewDeliveries/2012/July/25194.pdf

Um, I think hes going for civilian vehicles, so that kinda rules out pierce trucks for his current project list...  He would need things like fuel oil tanker trucks and things like that instead of what is wanted for personal mods..  Maybe he'd want to do them when this project is said and done but right now I think it's more productive to try to give him ideas for things that are civilian-use, and preferably have a larger depth of use as opposed to what a specific city uses, or what a fire dept and such uses.