bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

This mod does work on intel graphics, at least on my computer as that's what EM4 was for some odd reason running under despite me changing it before I swear haha.. however I've got a i7-4500U CPU with 8 gigs of ram, but it does run very laggy on the intel graphics ;)

I have a intel and it crashes after the first call. 

Remember mate this is a much smaller department. But I don't see a reason to not have the jaws on one of the pumpers as well, its not inconceivable to have 2 sets of rescue equipment in a small department. My main thing is that the jaws NEED to be on the rescue, it really amazed me when they weren't. When I have a wreck I roll a rescue, when the guys get out of the rescue I send them to get the jaws and they start hoofing it back to the station, like what? Then I went back and looked at the truck and it sure did say "Rescue" on it.

The rescue on Squad 51 looking truck is for fire and rescue department. All the trucks have. It accutly an attack truck. Likley thought as brush truck.

I made the same mistake. Check the rear quarter. Zoom in

Remember mate this is a much smaller department. But I don't see a reason to not have the jaws on one of the pumpers as well, its not inconceivable to have 2 sets of rescue equipment in a small department. My main thing is that the jaws NEED to be on the rescue, it really amazed me when they weren't. When I have a wreck I roll a rescue, when the guys get out of the rescue I send them to get the jaws and they start hoofing it back to the station, like what? Then I went back and looked at the truck and it sure did say "Rescue" on it.

And I figured I'd just include the NPS ranger picture here.

national-park-law-enforcement-ranger-nai

Well here in the us we roll engines on mvas so for us here it would make sense to have the jaws on the engine(s)

I have a intel and it crashes after the first call. 

I never said it ran well, it runs very poorly with intel, but it does run at least for the few minutes I ran it on intel by accident. I've got an Asus Vivobook S551, which is a decent computer. I presume if I ran it via the intel and turned down the graphics it'd work better, but it runs smooth with the GeForce 840M. Despite a little lag here and there.

I don't know about where you live but in a lot of small towns in america you will find a station x4 engines x2 tankers x1 rescue x1 ladder x1 rescue boat x1 x1 porta tank i.e.: a 5000 trailer tank used for brush fires where a tanker can't get x2 brush trucks with attachments for porta tank, this is what a fire company has for a county of 20,000 and of 50square miles, with a all very active volunteer dept of 300( all civilians of the county. All rigs are less than 10 years old.

One question for you. Do you live in a small town with a Paid Department or a Vol. Department? because there are some big cities that don't have that. Let alone a small town in america. Most small town departments have 1 MAYBE 2 engines,1-2 brush units a tanker and a light rescue. That I personally can tell you because coming from a family that has State fire officials i can tell you that that is what most small town USA towns can have. Also, i'm not trying to start a fight. Just trying to clarify what is reasonable.

One question for you. Do you live in a small town with a Paid Department or a Vol. Department? because there are some big cities that don't have that. Let alone a small town in america. Most small town departments have 1 MAYBE 2 engines,1-2 brush units a tanker and a light rescue. That I personally can tell you because coming from a family that has State fire officials i can tell you that that is what most small town USA towns can have. Also, i'm not trying to start a fight. Just trying to clarify what is reasonable.

I don't live there my brother does and and it covers a county you could call it small tow. Detroit without the wide spread poverty, there's ALOT of fires

I beg to differ. The area I am in has several rural/small fire departments. All volunteer. Only two are have any possible tax money

Saxonburg volunteer fire company gers zero tax dollars. Covers saxonburg borough, Jefferson Township, and Clinton Township. The two Township are rural farm Land and rural housing. No hospital. But a medical express clinic.

They have two main line engine both one a 1998 and the other is 1994. The reserve engine even older it old Mac

In fact they currently are or just have sold one of main line ones to help fund a new main line engine.

In addition to engines they have 2002 tanker, a ladder truck a newish rescue. A brush truck, a squad and fire police Squad.

I'm not the person who is being referred to but I'd like to add somethings to the debate about Jaws and Units. I Volunteered for a small town (Rural area, only like... 400 people occupied it?) we had one station which housed the following units:

Engine 37-1-1: Had JAWS and was the First Due Engine on 99% of calls

Engine 37-1-2: Older Engine, no longer has JAWS

Tanker: Was purely a tanker, no JAWS.

Ambulance

We also had a Brush truck but that was strictly brush, no tools other than Scott pack and general brush fire stuff you'd need.. Rakes, Shovels, etc, etc.

To be honest, the only apparatus that needs JAWS is Rescue and the primary Engine. Typically, on an MVA the policies are:

Engine Rolls

Resuce Rolls

If they house Ambulances then chuck the Ambulance to the rolling list.

Engine is dispatched in case of a fire and in case they don't have enough manpower to man two vehicles. They'll still have the JAWS.

Can someome pls ecplain to me what is a "fire police squad" and what does it do?

In some states such as PA fire department have personal who are fire police. There job is to control traffic, keep the apparatus secure, keep people back.

You can read more here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_police

Some times fire police get called to close a. Road or do traffic control when the lights are out. In saxonburg case they have Squad 15-2 to respond with. There a photo of it at the end of last year's fireman paradem

In some states such as PA fire department have personal who are fire police. There job is to control traffic, keep the apparatus secure, keep people back.

You can read more here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_police

Some times fire police get called to close a. Road or do traffic control when the lights are out. In saxonburg case they have Squad 15-2 to respond with. There a photo of it at the end of last year's fireman paradem

they are kind of like PCSOs here in the uk

Is there any way when you call the vollies in to have the station sound a house siren? I really think it would add to the volunteer feel.

Something like that or like a pager going off would be cool

I think its possible with the Audio::PlaySound() function. Bma's volunteer script does have a sound.

Bama's instructions when I wrote the volunteer script were to not have a sound played. I can write it in though. Just give me a sound to use.

Yeah I think it would be cool to have tones and a pager going off, but it would get annoying if that happened every time you clicked the 'call volunteer' button.

Well maybe they could edit the button one for 8ffs for both engines 10ffs for engines and brush and one fore just 4 for a engine