bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

ok cool. I was just wondering. It looks and sounds amazing so far.

So its going to be like a whole new mod update then. Does that mean we will have to delete the old version or just remove it from the mod folder then? Or will we need to keep it and just update everything thats in the pack? Kind of like a patch.

I'm not sure yet, but more than likely it will just be a whole new download. A lot is changing. It's less of a patch and more of a version 2.

is there any way to use the ladders off the trucks that r like the 20 foot ladders for the crews to get on the roof of a one or two story structure

@willowfork fire capt: there's talk of that in the modding concepts area.

Not that I'm aware of, but if someone can script that feature, I'd be happy to add it in.

Good to see you are focusing on the map, it seems like a lot of mods get stuck on units or scrpting and the map gets pushed to the side

Yep, every now and then I take a break if I get a good idea for a unit, but the map is the primary focus. This new map is going to be not quite like anything the community has ever seen before, about 90% of the textures are newer and higher quality, and I would guess about 60% of the models - that includes houses, signs, props, etc. - are brand new. There are close to 100 new HQ American street signs already made and rising, and Itchboy will be releasing them for use in other mods alongside his American car pack.

The goal and focus is to make the player forget that EM4 was originally a European game.

sorry for getting of topic...

but I changed the files to like it's said in this topic, but everything looks the same ? 

And when I open the settings ingame it's still on the highest default setting... am I doing something wrong ?

Which files are you talking about? The ones to change the screen resolution?

I don't really think changing the resolution has anything to do with the quality of the visuals. I have always had mine at 1920x1080 because I have a large monitor but to my knowledge the game doesnt even support this high of a resolution and that's reflected in the graphics menu. I think editing the resolution just enables you to play the game on full screen.