joeyf327

My Country

Hey guys I started my own independent sovereign nation, well taken it over, and changed it. It is an Federal Republic. Here is the site: http://echelongov.webs.com/ and the discussion board: http://echelongov.boards.net/ where all announcements and information is announced, along with official government business taking place there, for the Legislators at least.

Check it out there. If you want a position, go to the board make an account and check out the employment thread. And this is a real sovereign nation, and also as of now it is unpaid until we start going, just until we gain recognition, and get the economy going. So check it out. Thanks!

Sure,

Its called Echelon Government, since I was 12 I was in charge of a a piece of land which is Marie Byrd Land in Antarctica. We are in talks with governments but of course they won't recognize anything until the ATS is done and they start war over claims of land. Echelon Government is a sovereign nation, and exercises itself as a sovereign nation, according to the montevideo convention, we are just as real as any other major country. More info is on the website link on the first post.

Are you actually being serious? You're going to be like the Principality of Sealand or something?

If you are, can I be President or Chief of Staff of the Army or something...? Getting people to call me General randomperson139 or President randomperson139 would be quite cool...

Nothing funny bout it.

So does that mean I accidentally declared war against your country?

Oh and by the way, I don't think you can claim the oceans as yours, due to something awesome called international waters. I mean, where else are we gonna go for tiger fights, over-the-top kinky sex and machine gun duels?

Hey guys I started my own nation, as of now its called a Micro-Nation, however we have a ton of land and air space and ocean. Therefore its really a macro-nation, however I am now starting the government. It is an Federal Republic. Here is the site: http://earthgov.co.cc/

Check it out there. If you want a position, PM me here. And this is a real sovereign nation, and also as of now it is unpaid until we start going, just until we gain recognition, and get the economy going. So check it out. Thanks!

You may think I am crazy, however there were I believe 3 new nations founded in the last decade, and there are a lot of micronations out there, and real sovereign nations that don't even have any recognition, so don't call me crazy.

Sovereignty in the modern world usually refers to a government's ability to enforce laws over territory. If you walked into this land and tried to enforce laws, you'd be terribly unable. Many countries you'll see on a map have lost their sovereignty when they were no longer able to govern their land. Usually other governments also have to recognize you, otherwise you can't really govern anything.... You're missing the biggest piece to sovereignty here, which is authority and/or power

Sure,

Its called Earth Government, since I claimed all of the unclaimed land on Earth, which is Antarctica, the ocean and all of the uninhabited land all over the planet. Earth Government is a sovereign nation, and exercises itself as a sovereign nation, we are just as real as any other major country. More info is on the website link on the first post.

Antartica is protected by a buttload of treaties. Fly on down there, and try to evict one of the research teams there unless they pay up. You'll never see a country deploy a small military force to wipe your existence away faster. That is if they don't just laugh at you and push you into the ocean. The ocean, as mentioned is protected by the international waters kinda agreement. But have fun trying to govern the ocean. As soon as you start making laws and acting as if you own the place, you'll be dubbed a pirate, and killed. Most countries, even the non-death-penalty ones allow their ships to kill pirates. Uninhabited land doesn't mean it's not owned btw. That's like picking a spot in the middle of the woods and saying, I claim this the NewFoundKingdom. The gov't won't bother me so long as I don't pose a problem to them. When they want to build a highway though, they'll send in three armed cops, and I'll leave either dead or in handcuffs for obstruction.

Owning the airspace is illegal too.. In America for example, they claim to own the air above their country. 10 Miles is a long way up, but if you start actually posing a threat to someone up there, you'd be wiped out in a heart beat.

Finally, you can't claim earth as a whole. People own portions, and when you say, I govern this, but, don't worry, you can govern under me, you'll either be laughed at or erased.

Logically, this is impossible, not to mention all sorts of illegal in many different ways. Basically, the whole idea I've taken from this, is I own your ice cream, you can eat it, and do whatever, but I still own it. And some day, I may decide I don't like how you eat it, at which case, I claim to own the ice cream, and you have to do what I say, elsewise you're in violation of my laws!

So, what the point of it if it really isn't a physical country. I guess I'm just confused by the whole thing/ idea of it. Is it more a hobby than anything?

I spent a good 5-10 minutes trying to come up with witty, funny, and even serious replies to this but I'm actually incapable of that. So here's my best effort at a serious reply...

What makes you think you can claim that portion of Antarctica, that is already being used for research by various countries?

And because I know all you're going to do is say the same thing and provide the same link you've been giving us, I'll just post my follow up question now...

What possibly makes you think you are the first/only person in 101 years, (The land was first spotted in 1902) to try and "claim" that land? 

That Family Guy episode when the Griffin property is discovered to be not on any map and not part of the country, and in turn is claimed as "Petoria" by Peter Griffin has a more legitimate, believable story than this... 

Its alright you can say anything you want. The claim came from my Great Grandfather in 1936, who in turn passed away and gave the claim to his son who passed away and handed it down to me. Is there any documentation? No why would there be? Look at the native american's that have been here before America was America do they all have documentation from back then no. Its a family thing. So don't ask for documentation, even though it would help I don't have it. And the whole peter griffin thing would never happen. Every piece of land inside the lower 48, puerto rico, Alaska, and Hawaii and whatever else is all apart of the USA there is no house in the US that wouldn't be a apart of the US. And my claim is valid, I already spoke with an International Law Firm near my house. 

Hey guys I started my own independent sovereign nation, well taken it over, and changed it. It is an Federal Republic. Here is the site: http://echelongov.webs.com/ and the discussion board: http://echelongov.boards.net/ where all announcements and information is announced, along with official government business taking place there, for the Legislators at least.

Check it out there. If you want a position, go to the board make an account and check out the employment thread. And this is a real sovereign nation, and also as of now it is unpaid until we start going, just until we gain recognition, and get the economy going. So check it out. Thanks!

show us your police cars and fire trucks!

Its alright you can say anything you want. The claim came from my Great Grandfather in 1936, who in turn passed away and gave the claim to his son who passed away and handed it down to me. Is there any documentation? No why would there be? Look at the native american's that have been here before America was America do they all have documentation from back then no. Its a family thing. So don't ask for documentation, even though it would help I don't have it. And the whole peter griffin thing would never happen. Every piece of land inside the lower 48, puerto rico, Alaska, and Hawaii and whatever else is all apart of the USA there is no house in the US that wouldn't be a apart of the US. And my claim is valid, I already spoke with an International Law Firm near my house. 

No documentation whatsoever? Well then...

Wait, I just remembered. My great grandfather claimed that land in 1935, who passed it on to his son who passed it on to me, there's even documentation on it! Crazy coincidence, guess it's mine now. I updated the document to my name and wrote in todays date to prove it's legit.

My land now, sorry. Here's the document to prove it:

9940479205_b2275ebc0a.jpg

No documentation whatsoever? Well then...

Wait, I just remembered. My great grandfather claimed that land in 1935, who passed it on to his son who passed it on to me, there's even documentation on it! Crazy coincidence, guess it's mine now. I updated the document to my name and wrote in todays date to prove it's legit.

My land now, sorry. Here's the document to prove it:

9940479205_b2275ebc0a.jpg

Funny, But not enough to make me laugh.