rettungstier

Palm View County Modification (on hold)

thank you ;)

there are gonna be two police stations.

one sheriff's office (screens i've shown already)

and

one combined fd and police station which i'm working on now

additional info - once finished the current project i'll finally build the third fire station and start the texture work on all three

greetz

+++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE +++

Okay, another 2 days, another fire station!

This is gonna be station 2 that is combined with the police station.

When I was building that a felt like building Notre Dame with all that spanish influenced style (I know Notre Dame is not in Spain okay ;) )

Anyway I'm sure it's gonna look beautiful once it is textured ;)

em42011111415002848.th.png

em42011111415004246.th.png

em42011111415010476.th.png

em42011111415011912.th.png

Before starting with fire station 3 I'll adjust the map texture...

Comments welcome

greetz

rettungstier

Looks really good so far :12: have you thought about doing also buildings with that spanish influenced style? maybe something like the old Town or so...

Yes I did think about it, but I don't know yet if I'll do it...

I've got so much work right now with the new stations. When I got those done I might think about it again.

heres even more pics of fla fire stations, the combined station is look good

Thank you for those pics but I picked Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue station you posted on page 11 ;)

greetz

Change the "Olive" to "Lime green." The rear-end of the ambulance, typically, should have a two-tone transparent color, and in this case, Dark green chevron stripes with lime green body will stand out ( Or a white body if the lime green isn't an accurate real life department color) - It should look solid. Miami-Dade Fire adopted the Lime-Green Concept. The color seems suitable for the Florida Everglades/Subtropical climate environment.

thank you!

i'm kinda busy with the lights for manhattan mod atm, so there isn't much happening at p.v.c.

next up is a bigger map change.

i'll adjust the texture for the new fire stations (work on station 3 will also be finished soon).

i also decided to reduce the space that currently is just water/ocean and create more living space.

... but what that means in particular is yet a secret ;)

greetz

rettungstier

If i could make a suggestion for unit placement....

Station 1: Engine

Ladder

USAR

Ambulance

Batt Chief (This would be outside in the lot)

Station 2: Engine

Light Equipment Vehicle

Ambulance

(also if this is the shared police station, you should make this smaller station home to the City Police, while the county Sheriff would be at the bigger seperate station)

Station 3: Engine

Rescue Ambulance (if equipped with a paramedic and jaws of life, this can cover ambulance and rescue calls)

This setup should allow you maximum coverage over the entire map and be able to cover any sort of call within an assigned area with the units in that station. Its also a fairly realistic setup... heavy rescues and ladders are usually going to be out of station 1. I wouldnt place a HAZMAT truck, Foam tender or boat carrier in a station. These units are rarely used, it would waste a slot that could be used for an engine or rescue which youll use alot more often. Most towns do not have their own HAZMAT units, when they require a HAZMAT response, a HAZMAT unit from the county is called in... so it would be more realistic to call in a Hazmat truck from off map anyways. I wouldnt even include some units... like brush trucks and Airport rescue units. Their either not needed or just redundant... what does a brush truck do that an engine cant...usually only rural departments run these anyways.

In my town, which is a medium sized suburb, station one has a full set of 2 engines, a ladder, a rescue, an ambulance and a squad. Every other station in town has only an engine (which is usually equipped with jaws of life and other rescue gear to cover MVA's) and an ambulance, as these are the most commonly needed units and can cover MOST types of calls. Foam trucks and hazmat units are provided by the County Fire beareau, and Each quadrant of the county has a volunteer medic service that responds with Tahoe's until an ambulance can arrive.

Keep the vehicles empty at the start of the game, and allow any Firefighter/EMT/PM to get in any vehicle. let the player decide how to staff each unit.

yeah, these are a couple of nice ideas.

i got a little problem with the ladder truck since i use LA mod ladder on which the basket makes the entire vehicle way to high.

it fits in the slots but the height is a problem for the gates at my (apart from that) well scaled fire stations.

anyway, i'm trying to find a solution

greetz

rett

(null)