rettungstier

Palm View County Modification (on hold)

i haven't done any person skin yet, BUT the plan is to make a seperate ems model with paramedic skills, one ff model with paramedic skills and one ff with emt skills.

the fire engines will be staffed with only emt ff's (BLS engine) or with only paramedic ff's (ALS engine)

there will be only one type of ambulances in version 1.0, staffef with two paramedics.

the beach patrol units will be equal to BLS emt's but will have "call random ambulance", "call random police unit" and "call random fire engine" commands. they will also be able to rescue people off the water.

so you will probably have to call a beach patrol unit (maybe in later versions a special sheriff unit) to rescue people from drowning ;)

another feature that i've planned was a alarming/dispatch system like in Winterberg mod (much more simple though).

a mixture between LA mod and Winterberg maybe so that you at least got a limited amount of units which are stationed on the map or will come from neighbour counties/cities.

that's all for now ;)

more visual updates to come soon!

greetz

rettungstier

hey!

thank you! i can assure you that more person skins are w.i.p. right now!

a just found a way to make person skins a lot more detailed.

first i wanna complete the police units, then go over to ems and finally make the ff's. i'll also start to work on the fire dept. vehicles next week and of course do some mapping in between.

greetz

rettungstier

hey!

thank you! i can assure you that more person skins are w.i.p. right now!

a just found a way to make person skins a lot more detailed.

first i wanna complete the police units, then go over to ems and finally make the ff's. i'll also start to work on the fire dept. vehicles next week and of course do some mapping in between.

greetz

rettungstier

Edit the v3o to read png and then make your skins in png, then increase the pixel ratio for a better pixel depth. S'what I do anyway haha

can you share that secret with us?

Edit the v3o to read png and then make your skins in png, then increase the pixel ratio for a better pixel depth. S'what I do anyway haha

I kind of do the same I think. I unpack the original *.dds file, convert it with dds-converter to *.bmp or *.png and open it in photoshop.

Most of the time these original skins are have size of 128x128 or 256x256 pixels.

Then I open a new file in photoshop with size 512x512 pixel, 72 dpi, and copy and paste the orignal skin (which of course is a quarter the size of the new file)

Here comes the actual "trick" - I adjust the skin to the new size, scale it and save those changes. After Editing I save the bigger skin-image with the name of the original one, reconvert it to *.dds and ...done ;)

greetz

rettungstier

I kind of do the same I think. I unpack the original *.dds file, convert it with dds-converter to *.bmp or *.png and open it in photoshop.

Most of the time these original skins are have size of 128x128 or 256x256 pixels.

Then I open a new file in photoshop with size 512x512 pixel, 72 dpi, and copy and paste the orignal skin (which of course is a quarter the size of the new file)

Here comes the actual "trick" - I adjust the skin to the new size, scale it and save those changes. After Editing I save the bigger skin-image with the name of the original one, reconvert it to *.dds and ...done ;)

greetz

rettungstier

Aye but for even better quality if you save as png there isnt as much distortion on the skin ;) else other than that I do the same :)

how do you make the turns on your map, it looks so cool, I wish that I had it on my map :(

hmmm...I think I'm gonna keep that a little secret for a while ;) But maybe you'll figure it out yourself.

Anyway, depending on the progress of the modification, I will tell you how I've done it or even write a little tutorial!

(if you don't know by then)

oh, and of course there are more updates to come soon! So keep your eyes open ^^

greetz

rettungstier

hmmm...I think I'm gonna keep that a little secret for a while ;) But maybe you'll figure it out yourself.

Anyway, depending on the progress of the modification, I will tell you how I've done it or even write a little tutorial!

(if you don't know by then)

oh, and of course there are more updates to come soon! So keep your eyes open ^^

greetz

rettungstier

that would be cool to have a tutorial about it, I only know the texturepacket of emergency-forum.de but they have to bright roads. But I'm follow this topic and see when you make me jalouse with the nice map :D

Haha I've paid more attention to my paths after watching yours, got something similar going on with some of my engines ;)

As already mentioned, we kinda do think alike :P

Paths, and streets even more, are a pain in the *** in Em4. I've wasted so many hours trying things which nobody has done before but the system still won't 100% do what I want it to do. I figured out how to make one way streets someday but it wouldn't work always good enough to use it in any mod without people crying 'bout it :D

greetz

As already mentioned, we kinda do think alike :P

Paths, and streets even more, are a pain in the *** in Em4. I've wasted so many hours trying things which nobody has done before but the system still won't 100% do what I want it to do. I figured out how to make one way streets someday but it wouldn't work always good enough to use it in any mod without people crying 'bout it :D

greetz

Issues with one way streets? Huh? They work fine for me, what's your issue?