emergency4freak

Emergency Unit Pictures

Hmm, Jab, again, Catching you disobeying rules XD

the subtitle clearly states MUST BE TAKEN BY YOU!

Sorry this is only my second day on the fourm :sorrysign:

By the way newfoundking you have the best game ideas a toast to your ideas :bia:

Expo-FS124-067.jpg

Since I've had a few PM's about the "strange" looking rig in this pic, I figured I'd address it here and show off this pic as well. The lime/yellow rig is a California Office of Emergency Services Type III Brush engine that is part of a package of 5 that was loaned/given to the Los Angeles County Fire Dept to form up a type III strike team for wildland responses throughout the state. These rigs are brand new and were purchased by the state after lessons learned with the 2003 and 2007 fire storms we experienced here. One key thing to notice is the exhaust stack is vertical like a semi's. Some of the more standard rigs were actually lighting the brush on fire with the pipes down low and just making a bad situation worse. Many lessons learned from the USFS and CDF rigs have been incorporated into these rigs made by Rosenbauer and they've been well recieved by those who have used them so far. These rigs are not staffed full time but are pre-staffed during special weather events (Red Flag/Wind Events) and can also be cross staffed in an emergency by the Engine crew at the station with staffing being 1 Capt., 1 Engineer, and 2 Firefighters (or FF/PM depending on the station).

Thanks... I have way to much free time :P

BTW Mike, you have great pictures.. We don't have half the stuff here to pick from, nothing good, only the same stuff minor MVAs and the same 38 trucks

Thanks!

In the last week or so we've had 3 major emergency brush fires, Sesnon, Marek and the Sepulveda Pass last night. Had 3 small fires, 1 medical aid, and a roll over TC. It's never boring in LA!

I don't have the accurate stats in front of me right now, but going by wikipedia which doesn't have the latest new stations, LACoFD has 168 stations, and LAFD has 106. On top of that we have a bucket full of smaller departments all within a 2/3 hr radius (LA time is 10 to 20 miles = 1hr) and you're never hurting to find something to shoot out here if you want.

I mean no disrespect to some of the members on this board, but one happened to brag to me a few days back about how his department (not station, but entire department) is one of the busiest in the country. Looking at his run statistics for this year, the highest number of calls they had had was under 500 in a month. I know that in one of the latest Fire Bulletins LAFD put out, there were over 20 stations that were running 30 calls a DAY. What that one LAFD station does in a month (over 900), most entire CITIES don't even come close to. I know for both LAFD and County FD we're on incident 500 usually by the end of morning rush hour if not sooner in a day! Thank god for the slow stations though, sometimes it's nice to actually head back to the station in between calls. A few nights back at 8s, we hit 4 calls back to back. Medical aid, ringing alarm (trash chute fire), medical aid, and then a shooting. Gotta love WeHo!

Sesnon-LAPD-Misc-Stag-1.png

UPDATED 11/07/2008: Sesnon IC - LAPD Staging Area

Before I get back to the AHA photos, I'm going to try and work through some shots from the Sesnon Fire that I shot at FS106 and FS28's staging areas. First up are 26 photos from the LAPD Staging area near FS106. This first batch includes the Safety briefing, LAPD's Automatic Vehicle License Plate patrol car and a complete walk around of their new Dodge Charger test vehicle that was assigned to Pacific Division. Enjoy!

pic removed

UPDATED 11/08/2008: Sesnon IC - LAPD Staging Area Pt II

Continuing on from yesterday, todays update includes 63 shots of LAPD's test Chevy Malibu, Command SUV, Motor Units including the new Harleys and test BMW, Speaker Truck and Mobile Substations. Enjoy!

That's definitely an impala, not a malibu.

This is a malibu.

http://vinstickers.vinmanager.com/DealerIm...let_malibu1.jpg

Police departments don't use malibus (as far as i'm concerned).

Edited by MikesPhotos
Please do not quote the pictures when replying

Sesnon-LAPD-Misc-106-1.png

UPDATED 11/09/2008: Sesnon IC - LAPD Staging Area Pt III & FS106 LAPD

Another day, another update! Sticking with the LAPD, todays update includes 54 shots that finishes up the Staging area and also includes the LAPD shots from the FS106/Roscoe Blvd area. LAPD Crown Vics, Command SUV, more Harelys, Los Angeles Regional Common Operational Picture Program response vehicle, Mobile CP, and unmarked charger and crown vic. Enjoy!

Guest em4_police

Hi guys !! Long time since i came to the site. I have been very busy

Let me show u what i have been up to.

3032110275_f938081072.jpg

Protest in the heart of Reykjavik, Iceland

3032767994_8f6c0c1a20.jpg

Then i responded to a fire in a old house in downtown Reykjavik, Iceland

3032762222_7f116b5de9.jpg

The house was empty and homeless people had been living there.

Some photos i took in the station.

Enjoy

3024995303_7c62aec8c0.jpg

Undercover cop going on patrol

3025649460_4333c059ac.jpg

Reykjavik´s police control station on a non-busy day.

3024968017_e3fffeeae0.jpg

Motorofficer just off duty

3024963667_ca3af9154e.jpg

3024772539_122481f0e1.jpg

Jail cells at Reykjavik´s Police station

3024770511_1167a22be6.jpg

The police car

Last weekend we had a protest also in the heart of Reykjavik. This guy was trying to climb up on the roof of the senate.

3015854956_f447e52c58.jpg

We drove him to the station and then he was allowed to go.

3015854960_1bf83ec7ee.jpg

All pictures are copyrigthed.

© flickr.com/jakobfannar

I have a question to mike.. What kinda camera do u have? :D

Our new fire boat, the 25-382. We named her SPIKE (no idea why, somebody just came up with the name ;) )

http://94.100.113.186/403950001-404000000/...364_5_gzfI.jpeg

It's top speeds is 60 km/h (don't know what that's in mph or knots) It has two 90 hp Honda engines.

http://94.100.113.36/403950001-404000000/4...109_5_gpD7.jpeg

It's equipped with a foam system for fire fighting and it can accomodate an entire fire crew (6 persons) or dive crew (4 persons). There are also two bottles of air on board for the fire fighting crew or the divers to use.

http://brwlls.hyves.nl/album/12751713/Bran...mp;__state__=11

It has a special door to make it easier to pull victims into the boat or to allow divers to enter the boat once they are done diving.

http://94.100.113.67/403950001-404000000/4...974_5_a2Mu.jpeg

It has a compass, sonar, GPS, a radio, an announcement system, a blue light, an orange light and a sirene (two tone horn).

http://hyves.nl/index.php?l1=ut&l2=pho...dia_secret=mO86

The old boat (the one it replaced)

http://94.100.113.17/403950001-404000000/4...723_5_oysi.jpeg

Oh my gosh, I forgot. Hey i live in austin texas and i went to a football game and 30 minutes after i left there was a shooting one guy with an ak was killed, two were arested, and two were on the loose then out of all the places to set up they set up in the stadum with all 80% of the city's S.W.A.T. team and units and like basicly a 1 mile radus was closed off. Sorry i should have gotten pics my bad guys i will try and get some. my bad :sorrysign:

sesnon-misc-001.png

UPDATED 12/22/2008: Sesnon IC - LAPD and LAFD Update

Happy Holidays everyone! Tis the season and I hope it's finding all of you well and warm. Finals are over, the weather has calmed down, and that means I'm back to updating the website! Today's update is 92 shots from the Sesnon fire of LAPD Patrol units, LAUSD PD Patrol and Motor Units, LAPD's ATV, and walk a around of LAFD's new Brush Patrols and Rescue Ambulances. Enjoy!

PS. Firefighter111, you had asked about the new BP's 109s and 47s being able to transport patients. If you click on the albums, you can see that my friend Mr. Cutler misspoke when he mentioned the ability to carry a patient. I actually opened the small access door where they keep the stokes just for you, and as you can see, there really is no patient transport ability with the BPs, new or old.

Mike