emergency4freak

Emergency Unit Pictures

Here is some pictures from an ambulance at the neighboor-island to Bergen.

46-421 is responding to a roadaccident between a car and a motorcycle.

The motorcyclist broke his leg, and the driver of the car got some cut in her face. No critical.

Comment please =)

post-1191-1238964943_thumb.jpg

post-1191-1238964959_thumb.jpg

Edited by aleksanderwoods

Alright so I was on my way home, and I see the opticom light blinking on the traffi light pole about 200 m ahead... When we get to the light, Central station empties out, so that is 2 pumpers, and equipment truck, the Ariel Tower, a rescue truck, plus the Chief car, and another one I didn't quite see,(traffic was bad, and it was a short one... probably an equipment truck)

About 2 minutes later, we are passing East station, which is a ladder, an engine and a equip truck, thats emptied out too, and they were pulling out another equip truck when we passed... So the first time I am acutally around, when they have a 2 station emptier, my camera is dead :(

Turns out there was a fire in the downtown area, which is old old wooden town houses, all connected, so they rush everything there to stop it, or the entire Downtown could catch fire, as most is old and wooden, or has explosive gasses. Needless to say, just to add to my "good" luck, we drive past the whole thing, everyone just lined up along an entire road, had to be diverted, due to the amount of trucks...

I wish I had some pictures to show you, but I come only bearing a story. Sorry

So the first time I am acutally around, when they have a 2 station emptier, my camera is dead :(

Haha - If it could happen, it will. But that was unlucky.

I feel like taking pictures of units here, but they're not different than any other units in the UK :( The only units I can think of that are different is a fire safety renault van thing and a ford Ka. Or BMW M5 police cars which have the "new" lightbars that they said they were going to install about ...2 years ago :P (althought the fire station has an old fire engine, i'll try and get a picture)

UPDATED 5/15/2009: Fire Service Day Part 1 - LACoFD

LACoD-fsd129-1.png

LACoD-fsd129-2.png

LACoD-fsd129-3.png

LACoD-fsd129-4.png

This is a pretty huge update for all of you fire fans. The first part comes from the Fire Service Day at LACoFD Fire Station 129 with over 300 photos! Pics of AMR's new ambulance, Care Fire Demo, CHP SMPV, Kern County FD's E15 and P15, Antique Squad 51 from the TV Show, and Rescue 11, Battalion 17, Copter 12 doing a water drop and rescue hoist demo, Call Firefighter Engine 317, EST33, Explorer Muster, Heavy Rescue 103, Mobile Light/Air 129, LACoFD's new Dodge Rams, Quint 33 and 24 raising the flag, Squad 134 responding to a call, the new Squad 41, USAR 130, Rapelling Demo, Water Tender 117 and 13s, LASD Truck and Lightbar, Engines 129 and 329, Helitender 1, Crew Buses, Dozer 5 and transport 4, E130, B11, Misc Staff vehicles, Reserve HAZMAT 129, Reserve Cascade Air 129, USFS ANF Engine 35, Patrol 35, AC5, and DIV3! There's a little something for everyone, and as always, Enjoy!

UPDATED 5/15/2009: Fire Service Day Part 2 - LAFD 78

LAFD-fsd78-1.png

LAFD-fsd78-2.png

LAFD-fsd78-3.png

This is the second part for al of you LAFD fans. This update includes 176 photos from the new Fire Station 78 that recently opened in the valley. This update includes photos of an Air Bag rescue demonstration, Battalion 14 and Divison 3's new suburbans, EMS14, Engine 278, FS78 including the fire pole, their new handheld radios, full walk around pics of the new HiVis ANSI vest LAFD members are wearing while on calls involving roadways, Plug buggy 78, Paramedic Rescue Ambulance 78 including details of its stretcher and insides, and Truck 78. As always, Enjoy!

Great pictures! But was there State of California Fire Department? If so, cool. Never seen it before xD

California actually has two state fire departments, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CALFIRE) which has the responsibility for all Fire and EMS calls on unincorporated state lands, as well as many urban/suburban contracts such as Fresno, San Luis Obispo, and Riverside counties. The other department is the Office of Emergency Services (OES) which supplies engines, water tenders, and other equipment to agencies in exchange for their promise to staff them and respond in the apparatus as part of the Master Mutual Aid plan to all major incidents.

You can find many pics of both agencies on my website.

he once told me in a PM that he uses a "...heavily modified Gallery2..." for his site.

Love the new pics, Mike. in the LACoFD ones when I saw Rescue 51 I was like, hey that looks familiar. aint that rescue 51? and then i look down and it was lol

Offtopic: Who does all your hosting, that has to be a lot of space...

Also, nice photos, California has a lot of fire expo things, here we have nothing.... :(

We have two big times of the year for expos, April/May is always a Fire Service Day throughout Southern California, where most of the departments host their open houses and they try to time it so that it coincides with National Law Enforcement Week for PD open houses as well. The 2nd time of the year is in October for Fire prevention week., which is a national event.

As for the hosting, I run my own server with a dedicated business adsl line. This way I never have to worry about hosting, bandwidth limits, hard drive space, or what software I can run or cant. I do it all myself and greatly prefer it that way. Right now the website is hosting 67.8GB of photos on both the new and old site.

he once told me in a PM that he uses a "...heavily modified Gallery2..." for his site.

Love the new pics, Mike. in the LACoFD ones when I saw Rescue 51 I was like, hey that looks familiar. aint that rescue 51? and then i look down and it was lol

The software package I use is Gallery2 but i've modified the themes, database, and a few of the modules to give it the look and features you see. I'll be unveiling a new site sometime around new years that will have a lot more code changes under the hood then what is visible.

And yes, Squad 51 and Rescue 11 wee both at the event. The County of Los Angeles Fire Museum Association (CLAFMA) brought them both out to bask in the desert sun for a bit. Rescue 11 was restored by Jim Page himself, and the history of it can be found by googling.

Mike

UPDATED 5/16/2009: Fire Service Day Part 3 - LAFD 88

fsd-88-1.png

I'm almost done with the FSD pics, and this time it's a batch from LAFD Fire Station 88's. I happened to stop off there for just a few minutes and managed to grab 66 shots of their apparatus on display. The highlights are a full walk around of Swift Water 88 and the new OES Swift Water Rescue vehicle, as well as shots of Rescue Ambulance 88 and 909's new rigs with the toned down chevrons. So, as always, Enjoy!

http://MikesPhotos.us

Off topic again... I'm going to receive a beating for this aren't I?

But, do you make money off your photos, or is this merely a pass-time of yours

Also nice pics :)

Both.

A rec cross ambulance on scene. An drug addict has collapsed on the street. (You see he's laying on the ground, on the left side.)

Then a police motorbike.

And a police officer with celebration uniform. or what its called. In the back you see the Royal Norwegian Navy.

EDIT: Added a picture. Some EMT are running to an old man that feels bad.

post-1191-1242578587_thumb.jpg

post-1191-1242578756_thumb.jpg

post-1191-1242578901_thumb.jpg

post-1191-1242579065_thumb.jpg

Edited by aleksanderwoods