Considering Developing A New Game

What Should I do?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Go for it I would buy it
    • Maybe, It depends on what its like
    • I just don't feel that you should wast your time
    • Na, Its to much
  2. 2. If I were to do one of the concepts listed which would you like to see?

• So For the MMORPG of the Emergency Services
    • So For the Dispatcher Game
    • I Have a concept of my own you should consider

hey b2bomber,

just kinda checkin in, seein how things are goin. i know this is kinda jumpin the gun here, but im gonna ask anyway cause im curious. do you have any idea right now how many fire stations will be on the map? and possibly their layouts? Now before anyone says, "come on man, hes just getting started." im just curious. thats all.

and still jumpin the gun, but do you think this game will possibly come with a freeplay mode like 911fr or even an editor? just for the heck of it?

i know this project has a long way to go, but im just curious is all. and one more question. not a suggestion a question. do you think we will see a unit like the paramedic squad or the light equipment vehicle in the game? or will paramedic units be ambulances?

-lacofd_FF51

Hello B2Bomber,

First of all, I haven't read all the topic (sorry if I say something which might already been said.)

I voted for the MMORPG game.

This because of there being quite a few dispatching simulations out there. (Making one myself actually. Source code is already out there. I started over.)

Tho, a lot of these are German. So it might be fun to have an American version out there.

But since I like MMORPG more, and I think most people do, (Call of Duty isn't form based is it^^) I think MMORPG would sell better and be more fun.

Not making an MMORPG myself because I think it's harder.

hey b2bomber,

just kinda checkin in, seein how things are goin. i know this is kinda jumpin the gun here, but im gonna ask anyway cause im curious. do you have any idea right now how many fire stations will be on the map? and possibly their layouts? Now before anyone says, "come on man, hes just getting started." im just curious. thats all.

and still jumpin the gun, but do you think this game will possibly come with a freeplay mode like 911fr or even an editor? just for the heck of it?

i know this project has a long way to go, but im just curious is all. and one more question. not a suggestion a question. do you think we will see a unit like the paramedic squad or the light equipment vehicle in the game? or will paramedic units be ambulances?

-lacofd_FF51

Hey, Questions are not a problem ask away. They helps us patch holes. anyway as for the map, we haven't gotten to that point yet. I have been gone for a little while so I havent gotten much done. So I really couldn't tell you what we have in the plans yet. Its really gonna be based off what you guys want in a vote. (when we release a website for the project) I can tell you so far that we are going to just start off with standard units-aerial pieces, pumpers, possibly a tanker and a rescue. I cant tell you though what form they are going to be in (I.E. A quint, or rescue pumper). This will all depend on geographical location of the map and the size of the town/ city we decide to fictionally make up in the process. Its a MMORPG so it will be a free play style setup where each user takes control of one character at a station within the fire department. There will be at least starting out no scripted mission events. Think of it like a real life fire department where they just receive calls. Now as for an editor we have thought about allowing users to post there own maps created with a editor tool that we would build but were not entirely 100% sure yet.

Hello B2Bomber,

First of all, I haven't read all the topic (sorry if I say something which might already been said.)

I voted for the MMORPG game.

This because of there being quite a few dispatching simulations out there. (Making one myself actually. Source code is already out there. I started over.)

Tho, a lot of these are German. So it might be fun to have an American version out there.

But since I like MMORPG more, and I think most people do, (Call of Duty isn't form based is it^^) I think MMORPG would sell better and be more fun.

Not making an MMORPG myself because I think it's harder.

I can totally agree. now I know that there are a lot of dispatching sims out there as well. What the plan is, is to provide the best of both worlds. The game will need a dispatcher (starting off it will be AI temporarily so we can script and build a solid manual dispatch system). Although with Cops and RedHawk Talking to us now, we are going to see if they would like to merge there stuff together with ares so we will have a police/fire/little ems system right off the get go. sorry if its a little confusing with what i'm trying to say.

sorry b2bomber. i dont think steve jobs will create a phone thinner than paper.

You never know he could have been waiting to release it til he died (cause as you know Michael Jackson died and look at his record sales!) Apple© might release it as soon as they finish the OS for it, you never know!

I like the sound of the first concept. Its sounds like something I would pay £30 to play! I love being incharge of the vehicles. Having complete control over Buttons, Switches and Dials. This will go down a treat on this ite.

Well, I read both side by side.

Similarities:

Fire fighters

Fire stations

Fire calls

That pretty generic list. There is no reason for you to be causing problems or building a case against Rafael, ESPECIALLY in public. There are right ways and wrong ways to handle these situations and so far it's been going the wrong way.