Considering Developing A New Game

What Should I do?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Go for it I would buy it
    • Maybe, It depends on what its like
    • I just don't feel that you should wast your time
    • Na, Its to much
  2. 2. If I were to do one of the concepts listed which would you like to see?

• So For the MMORPG of the Emergency Services
    • So For the Dispatcher Game
    • I Have a concept of my own you should consider

Look up Auroua Colorado, its a township of Denver(which i saw you listed), They are run all the calls you listed and fit that town discription. also they have a gnarly crime rate in one part. I love to see denver. and sorry it took so long to get back to ya

been a little while since I posted so but here's and update more of a sneak peak than anything, for you on our current playground project as I would call it. Well here is a fire hydrant Modeled and UV'ed by Unit42. My Right Hand man as well as Reece.c as my left. anyway well as for what is in the screenshot here? Currently I am in the middle of setting up the basic character controller and ray-cast collision system( allows you to interact with objects in the scene from mouse pointer). The fire hydrant here will be among the many tools that I plan to incorporate in our project. First though before we begin setting all that up, we need to create basic functionality (like I said above) and so this along side a secret rig will be used to test those systems as well a few others I haven't mentioned above which for now is under lock and key. See those green spheres in the photo those are trigger points (colliders) for the player ray-cast functions and you can guess the functions of each trigger. :sporty:

post-6840-0-79336300-1314052058.jpg

post-6840-0-98224300-1314052213.jpg

Greetings,

If your going to do a MMORPG trust me make sure it is 3D. I have two 2D projects I developed and 3 others I co developed. 2D MMORPG are dead. I'm a geek from back in the 70's and only by maybe 1 game a year. This years is Emergency 4. Next year maybe yours. Watching the market like I do I recommend something fun with a little bit of hidden education in it. And it must have some kind of downloadable mods or mods you can learn how to do like here. If not in a few weeks after it is beat it ends up in the yard sale stuff forgotten. A multi player is also a great option.

Bomber Cross lays are 200' feet sorry i think i told you 100 by mistake

Not a problem. When we get to designing and setting up hose system I can just code that in.

Actually I was the main developer of woo. "WorldofOurs" rofl. Sounds good so far. We actually do need a new 3d multiplay again. The web is stagnent with the classic ones.

Yes, as 42 said above it is all 3d. It's just for right now a proto project that will be built in bits and pieces as kind of like for fun kind of thing right now and if we as the developers of it see value in it we will take it to the next level. ;)

hows it going

well currently I have been very very busy. My family is moving so I haven't had time to do anything. um as for the project I think for me this is going to be one of those projects that I work on it for a little while, take a break and then go back at it again in a cycle. That's kind of how I work and it sucks. I usually work an idea in my head till the point where I get bored with it and then go on to something else until I get bored with it and then come back again to that idea that I originally had. It sucks sometimes. But at some point I should get them done.