MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

I don't know if it is easy to do by scripting,

but i would do so, that if patient health drops below the ambulance mark (ambulance greyed out), it will not grow beyond this.

Reason:

now there is no point in using helicopter, you just wait 10 seconds and take victim by ambulance.

- It will make game more difficult

- make the hchioppers useful

- you will be interested in reaching victims ASAP.

No. The mod installer will work unless one of two things. You illegally downloaded the game. Solvable by buying it. Or you downloaded from atari, solvable by contacting them

I was wondering if that was the cause... thanks for the info. I'll admit that I didn't buy it (got it from a friend who doesn't have the disk anymore). Do you reckon they might still sell it in stores anywhere? (I don't have a credit/debit card I can use online)

You'd be hard pressed to find it in stores. Maybe there would be a slim slim chance and you would get lucky. Only sure way to get it is online.

I figured as much, I guess I'll have another go at seeing if one of my friends will get it for me if I pay them. lol

By the way, I managed to fix the mod installer and I got to say that the NY mod is pretty well done in my opinion, even though it'll take a little to get used to since I've only played the LA mod until now. :D

New York is split between the Coast Guard Air Station (CGAS) in Cape Cod, Mass and CGAS in Atlantic City, New Jersey. It is my understanding that Cape Cod primarily covers New York City, but the Atlantic City CGAS covers it as well. So there are no actual CGAS in New York City or New York State for that matter.

There is a USCG station out of albany NY, they keep a icebreaker up there to keep the hudson open.

There is a USCG station out of albany NY, they keep a icebreaker up there to keep the hudson open.

Notice how I am talking about US Coast Guard AIR Stations. There are hundreds of USCG stations in the US however there are only 24 AIR Stations, none of which are physically located in New York City or State.

That's what happens in NYC. You get a Rescue for almost every MVA depending on what type it is...especially if its an entrapment call but I believe you could call for Squad 61 because they carry extrication tools.

All SOC companies (squads and rescues) carry full sets of extrication equipment. All Ladder companies carry either a spreader or a combi tool, I'm not sure which.

1 new helicopter=done

1 new helicopter in progress

tower ladder in progress (script completed)

another helicopter yet to be started

the LRAD humvee yet to be started

Map pathing for vehicles positioned, pathing for persons in progress, floor texture in progress (mostly completed other than finishing details.

Unlike most mods we're doing larger updates so it means more time between them, new helos take time, the car models arent too big a deal like the tower ladder, but the helos unfortunately can't just be worked from existing things.

Obviously, that is the intent, extensive testing will be required upon model completion to verify the thing does indeed work relatively consistiently at being able to enter buildings... The tower ladder is more of a toy than a necessity to the mod, but one I like hence it's addition.

1 new helicopter=done

1 new helicopter in progress

tower ladder in progress (script completed)

another helicopter yet to be started

the LRAD humvee yet to be started

Map pathing for vehicles positioned, pathing for persons in progress, floor texture in progress (mostly completed other than finishing details.

Unlike most mods we're doing larger updates so it means more time between them, new helos take time, the car models arent too big a deal like the tower ladder, but the helos unfortunately can't just be worked from existing things.

These are more than good news, I have great expectations for the helicopter.

the LRAD is on the docket to replace the water cannon vehicle that the game originally had, just a complicated thing to do so we'll see if we can get the scripting right on it.

The helicopter that is completed is an AS 565 Panther/Dauphin.

the LRAD is on the docket to replace the water cannon vehicle that the game originally had, just a complicated thing to do so we'll see if we can get the scripting right on it.

These helicopters will replace the present or will be in addition?

Sounds good, I was hoping you'd replace the water cannon soon.

These helicopters will replace the present or will be in addition?

They will be replacing the fictional helicopters that currently exist with more appropriate helicopters for the region that are actually used by the departments roaming around... NYC is a city so you typically see the HH-65 more than the HH-60 operating within the region... The Jayhawk can roam NYC but most often over urban environments you'll see the smaller dauphin doing the job.

The other two helicopters currently in the mod are just fake reskins/mods on the A-star, neither are legitimate nor accurate. Replacing them is a priority for me.

The LRAD project was put off till the next version (the current one) due to the complications in it, if we made it just look like a LRAD and still be a water cannon it'd work fine, but because we do not want water spraying from the dish it requires scripting... We'll see how that goes.

Notice how I am talking about US Coast Guard AIR Stations. There are hundreds of USCG stations in the US however there are only 24 AIR Stations, none of which are physically located in New York City or State.

You beat me to it ;)

You beat me to it ;)

haha I had wanted to join the Coast Guard for a while, more specifically the aviation sector of it for a good while so I learned quite a bit. Just trying to pass that knowledge on and help keep the NY Mod accurate.

We opted for Atlantic City for V2 =) They use the HH-65

Very nice, I think the Dolphin looks better than the Jayhawk. Cant wait to see it. :gut: