MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

It's obviously something we've discussed a lot privately, and we have decided is essential to this game, so on the next map, we'll have at least one parade a day on the go, with totally specialized units from never before, old retired things, and of course the marching bands... Might just be drum lines though, instruments are hard to model.

end sarcasm

hey guys if anyone can help me im trying to edit my game by putting a merv sar and both hazmat parking places but i cant get the script to work out they goto the VO's but then say there is no space can someone help please thanks and the rain i shut the rain off because it bothered me so its foggy for like 5 seconds then returns to sun all the time now its great

is there a way to make it rain less?

yes you need to goto the fp_params_endless (C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\NYC MOD 1.01\Specs) or

C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\NYC MOD 1.01\Specs) for vista then find the climate part of it and copy it over with this

(this is for rain to completely stop)

climate.txt

In the next version, could you put in a Mid-mount Tower ladder like Ladder 7? If this is supposed to be an acurate representation of the FDNY, it should include at least one tower ladder and maybe even a few of the tillers like ladder 5. I would love this mod if those were included.

there will be a mid mount but they said there prolly wont be any tillers

If you need a beta tester i would be interesting in helping out. I have xp, I was a beta tester for www.lamodificationcenter.com I also helped manage their website.

Also will there ever be a map released that is similar to New York in real life? The map that is out now does not really seem like a New York City map... just saying. But great job on this mod!!! Is awesome! :)

No, we don;t need beta testers. And for testers, we look for people who know not only how to find problems, but also fix them. You don't get to play at all, you're expected to try every little thing you can to find errors in certain scripts. It's not a free pass to an early mod version.

Also yes there will be a new map, sampling New york. It will not be exactly like NY since if we did that, you'd have about 9 blocks, each with one or 2 buildings, and some water, nothing more. Maybe fit in a fire station, maybe... The sample lets us make a New York feel without ruining the game

Wow! this mod is great! Although i have a request/suggestion... I think it would be a cool idea, if on each vehicle/personnel menu there was an orange button... A panic button.. if pressed every Available Police Unit responded priority to that location.. just an idea :D

To be honest, I dont' think this would work in freeplay. Also it is unrealistic.

To generate a script that finds every police unit on the map and sends them code 3 to the scene of that person could possibly would in theory, but the bugs that would accompany it would pose a problem. Basically, you'd have to first make a script that tells if a unit is available or not, as you don't want one doing something to have to leave to assemble, then you have to intertwine that script with the other one. Basically it's a lotta work

As for Realism, if they issue a shots fired, officer down, only the nearest X units respond with ESU, not every police unit in the precenct. There actually aren't a lot of calls that could assemble such a mass. Possible a quick deploy callout, that could say ask for the nearest Police unit or two, as well as an ESU unit to the location would be more realistic, and also more possible. Still though, it may be a little iffy based on the come to this location. I'm not the scripter though, so I'm sure someone else will look at it from the team and either confirm what I said, or tell me it is possible. I do know some a fair bit of scripting, and I can tell you, if it is possible, it will be very hard to get right, and won't be perfect in any way.

Could it work? yes it can... Is it bug-free? absolutely not... The premise of it would make it possible to do but rather unrealistic to have every vehicle mass out is something NYC does do in the form of their "surge" drills but they are merely drills that serve no purpose to the game it's self... In reality a script like this because of checking IF a vehicle was available to surge with would be a serious problem since sometimes you have two incidents going on at once, this script would take vehicles away from what they were potentially doing... Having another script to tell a car to stay put b/c it's on a scene would hinder the ability of players to play the game and instead force them to have to manage the units in an exceedingly annoying fashion by making you HAVE to inform the vehicle hey stay here...

A great deal can be scripted in this game but variables such as computer capabilities and what all is going on within the game script, map, and mission wise can seriously screw them up.. If you want a bug-free mod you have to limit what you ask of the engine of the game and how complicated you make scripts since over time as the comp runs lower on resources scripts usually will systematically start to fail.

I don't know if FDNY uses this, but i believe it is reasonable to add some kind of equipment truck, because now we have to call for a big truck with boat on top in case of car accident.

All FDNY Truck (ladder) companies carry a set of jaws for extrication, but rescue companies, such as rescue 1, do respond to most serious MVAs with entrapment.

That's what happens in NYC. You get a Rescue for almost every MVA depending on what type it is...especially if its an entrapment call but I believe you could call for Squad 61 because they carry extrication tools.

All FDNY Truck (ladder) companies carry a set of jaws for extrication, but rescue companies, such as rescue 1, do respond to most serious MVAs with entrapment.

I just mean you have to call for a big bulky truck with 6 people just for jaws, but in LA mod you have small cars (equipment truck as i remember), so you can call them to small accidents.

But if it is what happens in real life, i can live with it:)

and a VERY important thing: please fix tow truck because it works in a very weird way... very hard to position it correctly (for example in campaign mission train derailed you just can't get the half submerged carriage).

I just mean you have to call for a big bulky truck with 6 people just for jaws, but in LA mod you have small cars (equipment truck as i remember), so you can call them to small accidents.

But if it is what happens in real life, i can live with it:)

and a VERY important thing: please fix tow truck because it works in a very weird way... very hard to position it correctly (for example in campaign mission train derailed you just can't get the half submerged carriage).

This isnt the la mod bro... and in car accidents times either a Rescue truck goes OR ESU which bring me to my suggestion ... if its possible to give the esu truck a (JOL) and also for the ESU guys to be able to use it, more then a Rescue ESU respond to car accidents honestly as a person who knows a couple esu members n my ugly was in PD (highway patrol) so he told me tons of stories n here a vid n some pictures

post-4581-0-43261000-1309758488_thumb.jp post-4581-0-80272600-1309757045_thumb.jp

post-4581-0-54493400-1309758304_thumb.jp

post-4581-0-77362700-1309758321_thumb.jp

post-4581-0-97656200-1309758461_thumb.jp

This isnt the la mod bro... and in car accidents times either a Rescue truck goes OR ESU which bring me to my suggestion ... if its possible to give the esu truck a (JOL) and also for the ESU guys to be able to use it, more then a Rescue ESU respond to car accidents honestly as a person who knows a couple esu members n my ugly was in PD (highway patrol) so he told me tons of stories n here a vid n some pictures

The Mod makers have said a couple times (which i don't blame you for not looking through 30 pages of posts in this topic alone) they don't want every unit to do the exact same thing, which is why only the Rescue Truck has the jaws, so you have to think about what units your sending out to deal with an event in game. They specifically addressed ESU carrying the Jaws and stated they will not make a ESU unit able to use them for the reason given above.

In NYC most every vehicle can handle any given situation that the original game (not missions) permits so to give everything the capability would negate the strategy aspect this game intended to have.... The LA mod, a much different mod has a more sandbox feel to it, the scripts, the units which you are allowed to use pretty much make it to where send whatever the hell you want and your objective will be done... If your objective in playing the game is to play with blinky lights or flares or sirens, this works out extremely well... However, if you wish to be challenged and actually have to work a bit it doesnt... The NY mod as it was designed is intended to make you have to work for it, in reality SEVERAL vehilces within the NYC system have the ability to address vehicle extrication, along with personnel, damned near everyone could theoretically stabilize victims, this would negate the strategy aspect of the game which is something I intended to preserve and if possible enhance.... Love it or leave it I designed this mod to be far more difficult than reality would be for NYC because the real NYC would result in a sandbox scenario.