helljumper51

Emergency! Submod

Quality of Models  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should I change the models to be more detailed? or leave them the way they are?

Emergency! Submod

Any help would be appreciated. I really just need people who can do lights and the editor. Anyone who can edit LA Mod scripts would be helpful too.

My Backround

I am a long time member on the EM-Planet forums. I joined a few years ago(been too long for me to remember...yes I know its in my profile, shut-up) and I have been a side modder since then. I did a few years ago try to create a mod for the Emergency! TV Show, but I did not have the skills in scripting and map making, and my modeling skills were sub par. now after a few years of practice, and working on several mod teams(including LA Mod, NY Submod, Xplorer4x4's Mods, and a few others) I have refined my skills as a modeler and learned a few things about scripting. Right now I am an Officer in the US Navy and I do this on my spare time.

Why a Submod?

Some of you may be asking, "Why a Submod?". well that is quite simple. Because almost everything I want my mod to do(script wise) has been done in the LA Mod. Why make more work for myself if someone else has already done it(and definitely did a better job than i could). Since this is pretty much just a model rehaul, then it makes my job alot easier.

Mod Details

So after reading for a few minutes you are getting board. You want me to get to the meat of the mod and tell you what this will entail. I am on a horse...but I digress. This Mod;s mission statement(ultimate goal) is: To create a modification to the LA Mod to incorporate as many vehicles, stations, and to create as authentic an environment from the TV series Emergency! as possible.

Here is what I want to have:

Implementation Stage

Station 51(replaces FS2):

Station 51 Firefighter reskin

Ward Lafrance Engine 51(model done)

Dodge Squad 51(ingame)

Station 10(replaces FS1):

Station 10 firefighter reskin

Engine 10-1(In-game)

Engine 10-2(In-game)

Battalion 10(Model in progress)

Ladder 10(model done)

Squad 10(ingame)

Station 110(New Station):

Station 110 firefighter reskin

Ladder 110(In progess)

Engine 110(ingame)

Concept Stage:

Rampart General(replaces Hospital)

Mayfair Ambulance 1(box ambulance)

Ambulance 2(Vintage ambulance)

Ambulance Personnel

Sheriffs Station:

Patrol 1

Transport 1

Sheriff Personnel

LA City Police

Patrol 1

Patrol 2

Police Personnel

Drugbox(replaces med bag)

Biophone(this will be the only way to call an ambulance from off screen)

**Note: This is a rolling criteria.This can change at any time. I can either add or subtract. Suggestions are welcome

So without further ado, I know that everyone loves screenshots, here is an ingame shot I have of Squad 110(I may update the model), and Engine 110:

UPDATES

March 17th:

-Working on LA Engine 51 and Squad 51 Models.

-Have scripts for 3 fire stations

-Engine 110 and Squad 110 are Skinned and ingame

March 12th:

untitled111.jpg

Best Regards,

Me

As is mine. I have been doing this in my spare time. hopefully I can either learn to modify some scripts or my friend can help me change it up a bit. I would like to be able at some point make it so that there is a dispatcher and the only way to have the units respond is by using the dispatcher.

helljumper51, if these stations are meant to be based of the stations from the actual TV series, you have confused a few. i know this is ur submod and you can do it any way u want, but if you want it the realest it can be, u need to switch station 110 and 10.

in the pilot, it opens on station 10, which we see has engine 10, engine 210, truck 10, battalion 14, and squad 10.

in the episode "the steel inferno", if i remember correctly, station 110 has squad 110, engine 110, and truck 110.

again you can do it however you want, im just pointing out that you have simply confused stations 10 and 110. jsut had to point that out or it was gonna drive me crazy all night long.

ha ha I have a feeling I am going to enjoy this

helljumper51, if these stations are meant to be based of the stations from the actual TV series, you have confused a few. i know this is ur submod and you can do it any way u want, but if you want it the realest it can be, u need to switch station 110 and 10.

in the pilot, it opens on station 10, which we see has engine 10, engine 210, truck 10, battalion 14, and squad 10.

in the episode "the steel inferno", if i remember correctly, station 110 has squad 110, engine 110, and truck 110.

again you can do it however you want, im just pointing out that you have simply confused stations 10 and 110. jsut had to point that out or it was gonna drive me crazy all night long.

So what I can actually do is replace the tiller with ladder 10, becuase in the pilot; ladder 10 was a tiller truck. and then truck 110 is just a rear mount.

well for ease of access I might just make it a tiller. the problem with trying to make a mid mount Arial is that I do not believe it has been done before, and would require some fancy scripting.

Hey helljumer51, I love your work as a modeler, but here is an Idea, Back in the 1960s 1970s LA, FF would look like la mod's FF PM, w/ no turnout pants. And the PM would Either have be like the FF PM w/ no helmet, or the FF/EMT Stretcher Single, But I've seen your trucks and think that those are doing great! and maybe for the inflatable jump catch thing you could have the FF net Love the work, I'll download as soon as it comes out! :holdglass:

post-16958-0-69425700-1300035697_thumb.j

For the personnel I just plan on re texturing them and moving them around some. I was playing around with the idea of making a script so that it will read what time it is ingame, and if it was from the hours of 1600-0500, the personnel that would come out of the station would be in full bunker gear.

i got an idea for the mod. what if, when u sent a unit somewhere, the personel would run out and get in the rig while the tones are dropping.

example: u dispatch squad 10 and engine 10 on a traffic accident

personel run out and tones drop.

*tones* squad 10 engine 10, respond on a traffic accident. 13270 flower 13270 flower cross street main time out 13:45

and when the 2 units roll out the bay doors u hear la station 10 10-4 we are responding.

if u respond a whole station, it says like station 10, respond on a structure fire.

well I am working on something similar to that. But what you are proposing would require alot of scripting(which I have no experience). I am hoping to find someone with some scripting experience to help out.

well I am working on something similar to that. But what you are proposing would require alot of scripting(which I have no experience). I am hoping to find someone with some scripting experience to help out.

what r your ideas for this kinda thing? just curiuos