helljumper51

Emergency! Submod

Quality of Models  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should I change the models to be more detailed? or leave them the way they are?

Well boiled down, My ideas are thus:

-Change the audio for dispatches(the guy that pops up and says "fire, take care of the fire and any civilians that are injured") from audio clips from the show. Just dispatches.

-For the dispatcher, when you call out a vehicle or station, Have it say "Squad 10 responding"

Just one think that I remember from the pilot episode:

Station 10 was

Engine 10

Engine 210

Truck 10

Squad 10

Battalion 10

(I think that there was one more but I can't remember it.)

Also if you look at the Emergency mod for EM3 you might be able to adapt their biophone script for your purpose. Like instead of only being able to use it to call an off map ambo, you could say that you have to use it before you could treat a patient.

Guest blimp666

Emergency! Submod

Any help would be appreciated. I really just need people who can do lights and the editor. Anyone who can edit LA Mod scripts would be helpful too.

My Backround

I am a long time member on the EM-Planet forums. I joined a few years ago(been too long for me to remember...yes I know its in my profile, shut-up) and I have been a side modder since then. I did a few years ago try to create a mod for the Emergency! TV Show, but I did not have the skills in scripting and map making, and my modeling skills were sub par. now after a few years of practice, and working on several mod teams(including LA Mod, NY Submod, Xplorer4x4's Mods, and a few others) I have refined my skills as a modeler and learned a few things about scripting. Right now I am an Officer in the US Navy and I do this on my spare time.

Why a Submod?

Some of you may be asking, "Why a Submod?". well that is quite simple. Because almost everything I want my mod to do(script wise) has been done in the LA Mod. Why make more work for myself if someone else has already done it(and definitely did a better job than i could). Since this is pretty much just a model rehaul, then it makes my job alot easier.

Mod Details

So after reading for a few minutes you are getting board. You want me to get to the meat of the mod and tell you what this will entail. I am on a horse...but I digress. This Mod;s mission statement(ultimate goal) is: To create a modification to the LA Mod to incorporate as many vehicles, stations, and to create as authentic an environment from the TV series Emergency! as possible.

Here is what I want to have:

Implementation Stage

Station 51(replaces FS2):

Station 51 Firefighter reskin

Ward Lafrance Engine 51(model done)

Dodge Squad 51(ingame)

Station 110(replaces FS1):

Station 110 firefighter reskin

Engine 110-1(In-game)

Engine 110-2(In-game)

Battalion 110(Model in progress)

Ladder 110(model done)

Squad 110(ingame)

Station 10(New Station):

Station 10 firefighter reskin

Ladder 10(In progess)

Engine 10(ingame)

Concept Stage:

Rampart General(replaces Hospital)

Mayfair Ambulance 1(box ambulance)

Ambulance 2(Vintage ambulance)

Ambulance Personnel

Sheriffs Station:

Patrol 1

Transport 1

Sheriff Personnel

LA City Police

Patrol 1

Patrol 2

Police Personnel

Drugbox(replaces med bag)

Biophone(this will be the only way to call an ambulance from off screen)

**Note: This is a rolling criteria.This can change at any time. I can either add or subtract. Suggestions are welcome

So without further ado, I know that everyone loves screenshots, here is an ingame shot I have of Squad 110(I may update the model), and Engine 110:

untitled111.jpg

Best Regards,

Me

Looks awesome, would love to see it come out!I play it on EM3 to!One thing though, on the EM3 one I feel like there are to many fire stations.I think it should be 2 max.

I am working on 3. The first two stations already on the map wont be changed. the third will have 3 vehicles. also with this submod, I am changing the amount of hoses you can hook up to the engine. I am limiting it to 2, so it will be more realistic in fire times(so a structure fire will require atleast 2 engines and a ladder). I was sick in LA MOD where you could literally take out a structure fire with one engine.

ha ha time travel. I blame Einstein.

After the initial release I plan on replacing the cars too. But my main concern right now is to get the units ingame and to have them work correctly.

Yes, I ended up making a typo. Station 10 is the large fire house and station 110 is the smaller support station. Also I was reading in my Emergency Book and it said that the show purposely used station numbers that were nowhere near each other.

Ha ha I just want to put this out there; but My skills lie in modeling and putting vehicles ingame. I dont want everyone to get their hopes of for an amazing game when I cant even script.

Screen Shots!!!!!!!!!! After working all day I have these Units ingame:

Engine 51

Squad 51

Engine 110

Engine 10-1

Engine 10-2

Squad 10

I am also Looking for someone who is good with the editor. Lights, Children, Commands etc. If you are interested PM me.

Em42011-03-2002-25-20-12.jpg

Em42011-03-2002-26-06-69.jpg

Em42011-03-2002-26-52-68.jpg

Em42011-03-2002-27-37-40.jpg

Do you plan on doing some of the special units that only came to a few calls and what will happen if one of the units gets destroyed at a fire. Also will the medical bag work just like in LA Mod or will it be more advanced.

As of right now, no. I plan on implementing a few "modified" changes to each vehicle to make it unique, but nothing extreme. If a unit gets destroyed at a fire you are SOL lol. But I am toying with the idea of making the vehicles "unexplodable". as of now, the medical will work the same as LA Mod. hence Emergency Submod, not Emergency Mod :P