goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

lojack antenna and GPS puck?

also epic lighting?

edit: also the awesome-huge imgoingtorapeyourface pushbar on the oldschool style charger?

Haha -- Spot on most of them.

The GPS puck in the photo is a old version, a white one replaced it, and i didn't get the chance to update my puck to white, to sum everything up, the current one looks much better than the ones portrayed above.

If you missed it, take a look at the general duty crown vic pushbar, and you'll see two intersection LEDS at two angles, The top one will be facing at 50 degrees whilst the bottom one faces towards the intersection directions. It looks really cool when it's all lit up.

Correct on the Antennas, and for the Push bar, Goog1967 and I are debating if we should keep it or change it back to the actual push bar that the RCMP utilize, which would be the basic Go-Rhino guard...personally, i would keep realism firm and to make the project as authentic as it can go, but at the same time, we like to be experimental and play around, and that's how that large push-bar got in to play, so.

Right now, we're waiting for Mike to surface back on the radar, he's finished with the Whelen Liberty, Goog1967 is pretty ecstatic about it, but needless to say, Mikey didn't stop by in our hood, so we don't have it, yet, but if he does come by, hopefully things will go according to the plan. I really want to help him out with his CHP P71 that he's working on, hence the reason of the creation of our new holy addition to the family - The Whelen Liberty. It rolls off your tongue pretty well, huh?

:holdglass:

nice job on the mounties in red serge Dyson...look forward too seeing the other general duty personnel.Also big thanks too CFD for bringing Dyson on board and a huge thanks for Dyson for helping out and bringing his skills to our project!!!

Here's an updated set of pics with the correct bars and coloured gps pucks.I agree with CFD, as we are striving to produce realistic actual units . In the case of a fictional unit ,too make it as realistic as it would appear in the RCMP inventory, if it was a real unit.

Wow I really didnt think i would be this excited when this first started..but this is amazing. Love all the units and the attention to detail.

Great to see dyson helping out too- he started out just like you Goog1967 and i would say your reskinning is on the same level.

Question about that police rescue truck- is that real or fictional?...dont think i've ever seen it.

Thanks admntrs.The ERT truck is based on a box van version that was a real unit in the Courtenay RCMP detachment,the truck box unit itself is just an improvement over the la mod box van, so that is why I chose it...

Thanks admntrs.The ERT truck is based on a box van version that was a real unit in the Courtenay RCMP detachment,the truck box unit itself is just an improvement over the la mod box van, so that is why I chose it...

Looks really cool- the RCMP should adopt it for all detachments tongue.gif. Will it be the main ERT vehicle then or will there be a couple like in LA?

Yes Tex,the boots were out getting repaired and they had too don the leather dress pumas...The SU is "Surrey Unit",the lower mainland spans many cities and police agencies,both city and RCMP police forces.

Also I think it's for the air unit to identify the ground units,as general duty RCMP in smaller populations have no letters or unit numbers.

The other big RCMP units in the area are:RI(Richmond),BU(Burnaby),NV(North Vancouver) and so on....

The ERT will consist of the suv suburban,ERT rescue box truck,ERT armored personnel carrier and maybe a umpc.The ERT rescue van will be the main unit.

this is a map of the lower mainland that makes up the greater vancouver regional district ,population as of 2007 was 2.3 million,most of the cities in this area are covered by the RCMP for policing duties.The exception being Vancouver,West Vancouver,Port Moody,Delta,New Westminster and Abbotsford which have city police services.

a new lightbar,this is the Whelen red and blue stobe that was in service and was and is being replaced by the Federal Signal Legend,in Surrey there are still many units with this lightbar...

Yes Tex,the boots were out getting repaired and they had too don the leather dress pumas...The SU is "Surrey Unit",the lower mainland spans many cities and police agencies,both city and RCMP police forces.

Also I think it's for the air unit to identify the ground units,as general duty RCMP in smaller populations have no letters or unit numbers.

The other big RCMP units in the area are:RU(Richmond),BU(Burnaby),NV(North Vancouver) and so on....

The ERT will consist of the suv suburban,ERT rescue box truck,ERT armored personnel carrier and maybe a umpc.The ERT rescue van will be the main unit.

this is a map of the lower mainland that make up greater vancouver regional district ,population as of 2007 was 2.3 million,most of the cities in this area are covered by the RCMP for policing duties.The exception being Vancouver,West Vancouver,Port Moody,Delta,New Westminster and Abbotsford which have city police services.

Hey goog1967, you are right about police agencies are putting the two letters on their cars, it is mostly for Air 1 - 3 like you also said. I believe they are actually starting to do this more and more with other areas as well. Up here in Squamish we have SQ and Whistler has WH. the SU on surreys units is actually Surrey. Not Surrey Unit.

Looks great again man and can't wait to play it.