goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

CFD, we are a little more lenient with the pictures, but try to keep them under 1.5 mb, and if there are going to be multiples in a post, a link works too, it's just getting too much for the site to handle.

For everyone else:

I will be personally deleting all posts that quote pictures, especially those quoting animated pictures. I'm pretty sure we've said half a million times, don't quote pictures, but some people just don't listen.

PS, If I find two posts with quoted pictures by the same person, that's a +25%

Please, for the love of god and the sake of the server, post a link to your animated flashing thingies and not an image.

Also, everyone else, please do not quote whole posts containing the flashing animated thingies.

Aight? Thank you.

Was quoting him over and over again really necessary? Remember all of that chaos that ensued in the past because people quoted videos and imagines. I'd like to read materal related to this mod, not spam.

On a different note incredible mod. I do have one question though. It seems like there are a ton of cars, will they all fit? Also, with all the units, lights, etc what kind of PC are we talking about here? I mean my PC can play the game "as is" on pretty decent settings. Will I still be able to run your mod, or will I need some serious updating?

Was quoting him over and over again really necessary? Remember all of that chaos that ensued in the past because people quoted videos and imagines. I'd like to read materal related to this mod, not spam.

On a different note incredible mod. I do have one question though. It seems like there are a ton of cars, will they all fit? Also, with all the units, lights, etc what kind of PC are we talking about here? I mean my PC can play the game "as is" on pretty decent settings. Will I still be able to run your mod, or will I need some serious updating?

Thanks pyro,yes there are a lot of cars(police is heavy,but the fire and ambulance are not as big),still sizeably less than the NY mod...a good portion of them will be called from off the map.

My older pc,1gig ram,256 mb nvidea gforce 4 ti can still play it.My new rig,6 gig ram,1 gig nvidea doesn't break a sweat during gameplay(max settings) with fraps on max.

As long as you can play the newer games you will definately not have a problem with this mod.

Bottom line is if you can run the newer games on high-max settings, then you will be okay with playing our modification on high settings.

But for those who has the lower-performance cards/PCs will most likely encounter lagged gameplay when the more units are deployed. You gotta remember that our modification Is like no other - super detailed models and lights and a new map means FPS will be accumulated.

I'm running a GTX 580 and I have zero problems with that issue and other games, so Todd and myself are safe.

I figured as much. I can run the newer game and the old one (EM4) on medium and high settings. I've noticed imagines seem to blur a little in game and I've never really figured out why. It hasn't been an issue and I know this isn't the technically section of the forum so I wont delve deep into that. I just wanted to ask and see what the general specs would be. Other than that yeah, I knew this mod is unlike any other which is good. Keep up the good work.

Hey, so I know that the mod is getting rather heavy in terms of units. That being said however, I was wondering if there were any plans to add any units from CVSE? Now that we have the Sheriffs going in game, I thought maybe there might be a place for CVSE. If there isn't then that is perfectly acceptable as you guys are doing an awesome job on this. It's just my opinion.

Cheers

Hey, so I know that the mod is getting rather heavy in terms of units. That being said however, I was wondering if there were any plans to add any units from CVSE? Now that we have the Sheriffs going in game, I thought maybe there might be a place for CVSE. If there isn't then that is perfectly acceptable as you guys are doing an awesome job on this. It's just my opinion.

Cheers

good suggestion,but as there's only that semi front that drives around the unit would be of little use.Maybe just skin it and have it driving around with civilian vehicles.

http://policecanada.ca/ this website is really cool with lots of pictures of Canada's Police Services, like the RCMP! You should check it out everybody...!!!

yes it's a really good site for Canadian police units,I based all my skins from the real life units here.

Been tracking your progress - Looks GREAT thus far - very excited to see it in action. My Father is from up that way so im familiar with units up there - they all look excellent - Keep up the good work.

TROOPER

Hey guys,I'm trying to decide what colours would be best for the 2 umpc's.They are in the accurate 2011 Ford colours and are listed 1-10 in order of the frequency of use of the unit colour(blue being common and red not).Anyways pick only 2 and we'll see at the end what the choices will be...

Em42012-03-2414-47-22-42.jpg

Em42012-03-2414-46-57-28.jpg

I'm going to go with the group on #2, but I also kinda like #1 as an option. There's always been black and white's available, but why not the nice dark blue to mix things up.

Those are my choices with 4.CFD and myself were talking about them and he also made the black and white,as a been there done that reference.I love the blue and there are a few in Surrey,what I don't see are many black and white umpcs.

edit-here's a nice shot of just the blue cv

Em42012-03-2420-09-35-35.jpg