goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Marvelous that they are, it's going to take me probably 5 weeks, if not more to finish them all as a complete product. The wait will be paid off by the realistic light packages. Will your graphic card be able to handle them? The answer will be up for the mod to decide.

the tires and rims always slip my mind so I made a nice chrome version for the rigs that use the chrome over the painted version.I also added a tire texture and they look pretty real now.

post-17160-0-64223500-1329972863_thumb.j

post-17160-0-55819200-1329972866_thumb.j

Wow it is good to be back!!!! I just spent a week in Cancun.... Now it is time to really dig deep and get this dispatching thing working.

I just finished the 5th and final engine,here's the North Vancouver Fire department engine...

post-17160-0-25426600-1329608145_thumb.jpost-17160-0-45282900-1329608147_thumb.jpost-17160-0-97128000-1329608149_thumb.jpost-17160-0-53961100-1329608142_thumb.jpost-17160-0-17290300-1329608137_thumb.j

This is actually North Vancouver City Fire Rescue, North Vancouver has two Fire Departments believe it or not. There is North Vancouver City (because it is it's own minucipality) and then you have North Vancouver District Fire Department. Here is a map on what the NVCFD does http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=ca&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=203842869902918615904.0004947ec592926e1061a&ll=49.319695,-123.070006&spn=0.008308,0.012875&z=15&source=embed

NVC is hall 1 in Red. Hall 5 is West Vancouver, and then the surrounding halls are NVD.

Mean while North Vancouver City does Cap mall and everything down till Park Royal I believe. They are a very small fire department, they only current have 6 appratices and a fire boat. The trucks consist of E9 E10 E11 R10 Tower 10 Tech 10 and then Fire Boat 2. Now they actually don't have staff for all these trucks. Normally they only have a crew of about 6 I believe. So they only have enough to staff 1 truck and the rescue, and they usually swap trucks out during the day so thay every truck is used. When they have a major fire they usually call all their off duty fire fighters back and then they also ask for mutual aid for either NVD or West Van.

Same as the fire, BCAS is usually at their stations or the hospitals.Maybe have the fire and BCAS supervisor cars only with a patrol option but the main fire and BCAS units,no.

Actually BCAS is having a problem keeping a lot of their Ambulances in their stations during the day and night, what they have actually been doing is staging them at night or during the day around the cities at the boarder of their stations areas to provide cross coverage. I talked to one Paramedic when I was living back home and he said he was sick and tired of being in another town providing care when he was hired to provide care in squamish. And this is not just happening in the sea to sky corridor. If you were to go to scan BC and listen to some of the BCAS feeds you will notice it. Some times they can be staged some where up to 4 hours. During the some of the Standley cup games a Car from squamish did a paitent transfer to Loins Gate General and then was asked to hold up in West Vancouver to provide coverage in case anything went wrong downtown. They were there for 4 hours.

There should be a option/command like "Stand-by" but instead they will go to certain posts or postitions on the map and wait for a call. Once a call comes in the nearest Ambulance/Police Car responds. Just an idea, great job.

Like an automated response? That kind of takes away the whole point of the game which is to decide which units need to respond to these calls.

There should be a option/command like "Stand-by" but instead they will go to certain posts or postitions on the map and wait for a call. Once a call comes in the nearest Ambulance/Police Car responds. Just an idea, great job.

^ While it sounds like a great idea (Which I would use) it kind of makes it less fun with all the units we have made.

Thanks for the suggestion though man!

I'm working on the map,but haven't done alot lately as real life has been busy.Things will pick up soon though,I will have some more time to spend on it.

on a side note go vote in the skinning contest for march for your favorite skin...

http://forum.emergen...460#entry224602

Man, I thought my videos would provide enough answers to prevent questions like " will this be a stand alone mod" - wake up! Watch my videos as much as you want, the better you will be acknowledged of the current development progress.

Here's a older video if you want to see what the map will look like. Its a beach side shore, at the tennis park. The fire truck in the video is old, but the led lighting is the same-ish. The traffic slick top lights is still the same as it is. Awesome strobe action going on.

Here is another video that shows air one's spot light ground texture with the same map.

YouTube.com/drunkpolice - subscribe if you wish to stay synchronized .

What more can we do to help you understand where we stand at right now?

What more can we do to help you understand where we stand at right now?

I think lots of us are wondering about where you are at in terms of progress on the map. Those of us who have been following the mod know a bit about how it will look, but if you could post screens/more information I think that would make a lot of people happy

Thanks for being patient guys,the last few months I have been busy with real life and not much quality time to work on the game...other than model edits and such.

I have been watching tutorials and have begun woking on the map,when I have reached a point where I can show some tangible progress on it I will as always,update you guys.

Hahah my friend took that video.

That's unfortunate if you know FIrePoliceAmbulance. He's not welcome at the Fire Station that I work at due to him being disruptive and annoying and our Chief wasn't impressed with his listening skills.

The mod looks good, coming along well. Can't wait for it.

Chad, make sure the RCMP's light patten goes inward. :) (I can't see the lighting patten in the videos)