b2bomber

Advanced Game play and Development Mod (Is Closeing)

Imo, It just looks like a new game and you will need way more of a team to pull this off.:Oo

yea I totally believe you, thats why I have been refining it quite a bit. the physics system has been refined. 1st person has been refined to something much simplistic and in my eyes possible without having to revamp the whole game. Map system I am still trying to figure out. Although Hopefully I will have the surprise out today to just give a glimpse of what could be possible.

alright, well I have had some issues with the Unit and Specs XML files so sorry but currently I cannot show you in game shots. But what I do have for you is some shots if the whole idea behind photos I had shown you previously. Now in the process of making this thing I have learned a lot about the constraints of the game as well as its advantage points. So I would Like to introduce to you the new removable roof 1st person GUI Mini Game unit. This particular command unit has little individual objects on the inside that when clicked have special scripts that will allow a pop up 1st person GUI Mini games. Those mini games will consists of different tasks such as chopping open a door, using the jaws of life, medical tasks inside of an ambulance, or even in this case doing special operations inside of the command unit. this command unit is just the beginning of all of the advanced game plays high poly model development and game improvement.

Special thanks to dysons new York sub mod and hoppah for creating the original la mod!

alright so heres some shots of the GUI...

This is the command seat, take control of all 1-6 command desks in each command vehicle...

post-6840-014264800 1286323152.jpg

control the camera tower and gather Intel with this GUI...

post-6840-036084400 1286323160.jpg

and finally the whole thing...

post-6840-010450500 1286323188.jpg

post-6840-072139300 1286323209.jpg

post-6840-070651600 1286323216.jpg

post-6840-077328200 1286323222.jpg

post-6840-063887300 1286323195.jpg

post-6840-060709800 1286323202.jpg

post-6840-024094200 1286323181.jpg

post-6840-078145000 1286323179.jpg

post-6840-036986600 1286323175.jpg

This is just the beginng of all of our units.

I would also like to announce that we will be going into progress tommarow and the current team will begin recriting for new members tommarow. As well we should have what we plan to do all the way up to our 1st relase tommarow. ok tell me what you all think...biggrin.gif

All right Well, Where up and running. Refer to the 1st page for info and uh if your up for a challenge PM or post on forum anything in the blanks I am gonna need to fill and thank you to all that are interested I will try to do my best to give you what you want. If you have any Ideas comments questions or really anything else just post bellow we would love to here from you. I should have a list of what should be included in our first Mod development release 1.0 in just a bit.smile.gif

Very cool. Have the new scripts been tested yet? :gruebel:

not yet, I am gonna have to redo the base of the unit cause I screwed up the map. So, and the script is based off one that is already existent. Just some changed variables. happy.gif waiting on Dyson to ship beta test version of 2.0. The advanced game play Mod and Dyson's New York sub mod will be working very closely and you might even see some of advanced game plays work in Dyson's mod. But I cant tell you details, thats all up to Dyson.wink.gif

OK, so with the last week or so I have been laying out the plans as well as some of the windows to advanced Game-plays New tool which would be found under the scripts rollover in the game editor. Now Basically this tool will Allow any modding team to create buildings that would apply advanced construction implementations quickly without having to lay out all sorts of pieces together. As well the structures themselves would be set up differently than the ones you currently find in emergency(Way they work). For instance the buildings would have a multi-level open house system that would allow a unit to walk on multiple floors (So it could not just be marked as open_House it would just be a building with a script applied to it and each floor a child object created in the tool.) Anyways so we plan to create this tool which would take pre-made parts (prototypes) made by the team and allow the user to assemble them together on on a grid creating things floor by floor.

So Now I would like to ask peoples opinions, thoughts and such on weather they have a different perspective on how or if it can be done. An or if anyone would be able to help make this a reality. Currently I am still working on creating an algorithm as well as A high detailed layout of how it should work. So I will be able to provide whoever would be interested with a full laid out plan. We would just need a scripter that is familiar to the way the in game system works.

heres the screens I have so far of what I have made...

So you would go to scripts and then start the tool up and here is the start up screen...

post-6840-042476800 1287354154.jpg

Now At the Start Up screen you are prompted to either load or create a new building. In which either will draft or create there data and Info from 3 new files found under buildings tab or Prototypes which are Residential, Commercial, and Industrial. (In The Mods File structure)

So Now lets just say we select Create a new building, So it Prompts us to choose which zoning we would like to create a building for...

post-6840-029026200 1287354153.jpg

So we Select residential and like any other building zone the Structure Info Window will Pop up and will allow you to set various things such as how tall the building is and then allow you to be able to select a floor to edit...

post-6840-095072600 1287354153.jpg

After we punch in general info I go to the Story Information list Box and I would select a floor to work on. I would Click Edit layout and a New window would Pop up That would be the floor Creator. (there Will Also Be A roof Creator)

post-6840-044381300 1287354152.jpg

(LOOK BACK AT FIRST PAGE FOR ORIGINAL IDEA)

Now In the floor creator I may already have a floor Layout showing up in the preview. But In this creator I can go to the part selector Select either a wall a floor or other various parts that could be found in a building and then I can Click and drag them into the preview. Now you can also Edit its composition such as adding drywall to one side but thats just a whole another Explanation.

Sorry If its a littel rough what I am trying to say ( Not the best writer). And basicly What my point is would anyone who can script be interested in helping out develop this.

Hey Emergency Planet I need your help but first see anything new in the shots again...

post-6840-098007400 1287446979.jpg

post-6840-096072200 1287446982.jpg

we need suggestions if you spot what where taking about...

Thanks NY mod

Thanks Dysons NY submod

And Thank you Hoppah and the whole team

I'd have to guess either the venting of the fire through the roof, the ladders, or the firefighter hanging on the edge of the roof. All of which look great, and interesting, and make the game that much more realistic. Have you guys considered making something for high rise packs for taller buildings? Keep up the great work.

That building creator when set up (if it works) will allow any user to create up to at least hopefully at least 50 stories qucikly and will allow for every single floor of that building to be walkable (open house enabeled) threw a special script applied of course to the structure. As well each floor will use the natural physics system in the game. The reason why I say hopefully at least 50 stories is because of the camera parameters only being allowed to go out so far and the ability for the game to be able to Handel the structure at hand. All the individual low poly parts. Being put together.

So what kind of tools would you like to see in this high rise pack (not to familiar with high rise)

Here's my second point we will be introducing tons of new tools and the one I have for you here is one of our many ground ladders. This is a 16 ft extension ladder but is still being modeled but when finished this will be a new tool for use! So we need everyones ideas for new tools you would like to see in the game. We plan to do a bunch of low angle/ grade rescue tools, confidend space, ventilation, hazmat, collapse rescue, forcible entry and many more various tools and equipment. each peice of equipment will be tied into the new " action pack " system. The action pack system will be a GUI tool in game that will allow you to control many various staff actions threw simple or complex animations depends on the task. This tool will also enhance the diolague between staff as well there interation with civilians. As well a lot of our new tools will have a 1st person action gameplay gui ( mini game). This will alow you to actually break down a door or cut the top off a car threw an intactive interface and not being dependent on what the game can handel rendering wise. Like all the new mods such as ny or rts they have pop up interactive radios and such. Well now where just going a step further by adding in interactive tool operations. Anyway am I getting off topic we would like to ask what tools would you like to see? Feel free to post your ideas and any other comments questions and such bellow. :)

That building creator when set up (if it works) will allow any user to create up to at least hopefully at least 50 stories qucikly and will allow for every single floor of that building to be walkable (open house enabeled) threw a special script applied of course to the structure. As well each floor will use the natural physics system in the game. The reason why I say hopefully at least 50 stories is because of the camera parameters only being allowed to go out so far and the ability for the game to be able to Handel the structure at hand. All the individual low poly parts. Being put together.

So what kind of tools would you like to see in this high rise pack (not to familiar with high rise)

Here's my second point we will be introducing tons of new tools and the one I have for you here is one of our many ground ladders. This is a 16 ft extension ladder but is still being modeled but when finished this will be a new tool for use! So we need everyones ideas for new tools you would like to see in the game. We plan to do a bunch of low angle/ grade rescue tools, confidend space, ventilation, hazmat, collapse rescue, forcible entry and many more various tools and equipment. each peice of equipment will be tied into the new " action pack " system. The action pack system will be a GUI tool in game that will allow you to control many various staff actions threw simple or complex animations depends on the task. This tool will also enhance the diolague between staff as well there interation with civilians. Anyway I getting off topic we would like to ask what tools would you like to see? Feel free to post your ideas and any other comments questions and such bellow. :)

Well the high rise pack is really just a hose that is carried up multiple stories. Basically you take it to whatever floor you want and connect it to the stand pipe, which gives you the water that is pumped up. It would be neat if there was some way to connect the engine to the building, which would supply your water.

Also I think a K-12 saw would be cool since it can be used in venting, and fans for venting.

Hey Emergency Planet I need your help but first see anything new in the shots again...

post-6840-098007400 1287446979.jpg

post-6840-096072200 1287446982.jpg

we need suggestions if you spot what where taking about...

Thanks NY mod

Thanks Dysons NY submod

And Thank you Hoppah and the whole team

So this is the mod? looks good ;)

Well the high rise pack is really just a hose that is carried up multiple stories. Basically you take it to whatever floor you want and connect it to the stand pipe, which gives you the water that is pumped up. It would be neat if there was some way to connect the engine to the building, which would supply your water.

Also I think a K-12 saw would be cool since it can be used in venting, and fans for venting.

Stand Pipes in the buildings, good Idea and If we could set it up so that the engines could connect to it from the streets. I like that we will have to put that in! we wanted to do a automatic sprinkler system setup to but that would be cool to but both in. K-12 we plan to do and hopefully that will come with A GUI Mini game. Like sawing out a hole on something. heres kind of an example of what a tool GUI would Look like. This is a screen shot from a game called Real Heros Firefighter for the wii. this is kind of what inspired the 1st person GUI.

post-6840-097606300 1287494606.jpg

So this is the mod? looks good ;)

where a mod for the mods we wont be actually making a mod but rather we will develop kind of a mod development kit if you will that will allow moders to pump out something like winter-burg or NY Mod much quicker. we plan to construct various models, tools(physics Building Builder and 5-6 other tools), tools (such as ground ladders), open roof emergency apparatus cabs as well as bodies with interchangeable parts (Command Post Is set up that way you can change interior layout skins hood all sorts of stuff), 1st person GUI "Mini Games" (Such as command Desk), so much more its hard to list. We will be showing off some of our work in dyson's NY Sub mod. In-fact the New ESU Unit was developed by us. smile.gif

Where also here to make game play more varibleistic and we need everyones ideas to get us there!