Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

No, I have 8gb RAM, and 1 gb Vram, that means (?), that I have 1 gb ram on my grapicscard. :)

I ask if was deticated video ram. Many times on laptop they say one 1GB but say all but 256mb or 512 comes from you 8g system ram.

*Quick update*

We've now downgraded and converted 90% of the textures as of today. We will do some testing if this reduces lags, crashing, and loading time. It is up to 25% smaller in file size however.

Thanks to Hoppah for pointing out the quick technique! Worked like a charm!

where can i get this smaller version to see if my pc will now run this as failed to run v3 before so had all but given up on getting v3 to work as always crashed would like to see if this has made a difference to me? any update on the SD version of v3 though?

The mod itself. When I'm trying to load freeplay, it crashes while loading.

While loading, the game creates an extensive logfile. It might crash at a specific model when the game is going through all the files. So always check the logfile after a crash. You can also upload the logfile.

I ask if was deticated video ram. Many times on laptop they say one 1GB but say all but 256mb or 512 comes from you 8g system ram.

The weird thing about Vram, If you go to dxDiag it will show you different then was is dedicated to the grahpicss card. For my laptop my dxdiag tells me i have 4gb worth of Vram, what it really means is that 4000mbs are being used for the pagefile and I really have 512mb for dedicated graphics card. You can just go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and that will tell you your graphic specs. so dont be fooled by the DxDiag pagefile

The weird thing about Vram, If you go to dxDiag it will show you different then was is dedicated to the grahpicss card. For my laptop my dxdiag tells me i have 4gb worth of Vram, what it really means is that 4000mbs are being used for the pagefile and I really have 512mb for dedicated graphics card. You can just go to http://www.systemreq...ntslab.com/cyri and that will tell you your graphic specs. so dont be fooled by the DxDiag pagefile

If you are using Windows 7 no matter how much Vram you have windows will still set some of the system memory for video.

This is for the Official EM4

System requirements

Pentium 4 2.5 GHz

1 GB RAM

graphic card 128MB (GeForce 5700 or better)

2 GB HDD

Windows 2000/XP

However, When it comes to MOD, This depends on how the Developers Optimize their MOD in order to run smooth and use less resource on your Computer . Me Personally , I never had any issue running some of the mod here on this forum , Some have crash while other have been okay and not much of a issue .

Having a Decent Graphics Card and a good amount of ram installed on your computer should be able to let you run any PC Game , It may run a bit laggy , But it will run .. usually when games crashes are due to low hardware specification ,

So if you are able to run EM4 without any issue, Then you should be alright , However, If the game crashes when playing a MOD could probably be due to the MOD that requires a bit more updated hardware .

Any Video Card with 512mb of video ram should be able to run EM4 and any MOD .

This is for the Official EM4

System requirements

Pentium 4 2.5 GHz

1 GB RAM

graphic card 128MB (GeForce 5700 or better)

2 GB HDD

Windows 2000/XP

However, When it comes to MOD, This depends on how the Developers Optimize their MOD in order to run smooth and use less resource on your Computer . Me Personally , I never had any issue running some of the mod here on this forum , Some have crash while other have been okay and not much of a issue .

Having a Decent Graphics Card and a good amount of ram installed on your computer should be able to let you run any PC Game , It may run a bit laggy , But it will run .. usually when games crashes are due to low hardware specification ,

So if you are able to run EM4 without any issue, Then you should be alright , However, If the game crashes when playing a MOD could probably be due to the MOD that requires a bit more updated hardware .

Any Video Card with 512mb of video ram should be able to run EM4 and any MOD .

Thank you, this was very helpful!

Update

Yo guys, after wrestling my PC for some time, came up with a fix to my CTD (which was to do with my PC not a generic issue across all) and have been working away this past week on small edits.Rafael and Hoppah have been busy, tidying the mod up, both in size and bugs.

We're closing in on releasing our first installment of Version 3 with map #1 (no set date) but overall I for one am extremely happy with how things are looking.

Here's a brief change log in the base of our mod (excluding maps and units etc)

• Box alarms added, with false alarm calls
  • Engine Scripts to increase the simulation feel of running a firehouse
  • Firehouses now start staffed
  • Ability to into SCBA whilst on route to a call
  • More siren selection
  • Re-added hazmat calls

?We've also put a lot of effort into the map, this being the best possible map we can make this far on our modding skills.

A little about the map -

• Focused on Times Square
  • Features 4 fully operational firehouses, ranging from a 3 unit house to a single unit house.
  • Full Traffic light system
  • Over 40 Traffic/pedestrian paths
  • Designated fire lanes to improve response times (very little getting stuck in traffic, unless you block the roads)
  • ? Simplified spawn points for traffic entering the map, making it easier to shut down whole avenues without causing a tailback, also making it easy to shut down times square in times of Bomb threats or huge fires.
  • Realistic representation, yard by yard of the actual streets in NYC (as close as we could get it)
  • Improved hydrant access
  • Patrol paths
  • Acting Engine/Ladder parking (the ability to call in an off map unit to park in place of a unit out on a long call)
  • Plus so much more!

?

I hope this all sounds exciting to you, I've had a great deal of fun testing all this last week.

Regarding Spec Issues

Ok for the rest of you guys, we are working on the Standard Def release still. We ask that you try to run v3 first, then if you still have no luck, please remain calm.

First up we'll be setting up another topic dedicated to solving issues across multiple machines. This is a huge task as it requires hours of bug testing and problem solving, usually for machines we don't own so it's hard for us to know for sure. We'll be posting all of these tips on how to run the mod in this separate topic post release.

If this still doesn't work for you, the SD release will follow a few months later. We're still concepting it and planning it, to make sure it will run as predicted and choosing how we want to set it up, e.g. what map and units etc. But more news on that post release.

If you made it all the way down to here, thanks for reading. There really was a lot to say, thanks for the continued support. Hope to be playing v3 with y'all soon!

Delayed Happy Easter

Dyson & Raf

The Manhattan Mod Development Team

x

p.s. thought I'd snap some gameplay shots for you guys, make reading a little less boring haha. These aren't like anything interesting, just the 3 calls I happened to have in my game right this second. Hope it demos how v3 will look anyway...

• ?Engine 34 on a run for a medical call

??post-12838-0-13530900-1365177055_thumb.p

• NYPD reporting to public demonstration, using dogs to disperse the crowds before arresting and moving along people

?post-12838-0-50435700-1365177401_thumb.p

• Pride of Midtown out on a 10-75 report, turning out to be a false alarm, reseting the box alarm and about to return to quarters.

post-12838-0-60202100-1365177528_thumb.p