Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hi there,

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, i've been trying to figure out how to run this without much luck.

I installed v1, then v2, then the patch renamed and no go.

Also installed v2 and patch alone too =(

I start emergency 4, go to modifications, select manhattan mod and then after a few seconds it just hangs and em4.exe crashed.

I already set my nvidia settings to run on the nvidia processor.

Ye well i don't know if it's normal but when the mod loads i don't see any vehicles at the fire station.. i installed the v1 first and then V2. renamed it and all that..

What now?

V2 Is a stand-alone version.....

Just a quick question for the guys that created this mod I remember looking back at I want to say this mod in its infant stages and saw that the engines could hook up to hydrants. Just wondering if first if that was this FDNY mod and if so why did you ditch the idea? Besides that sweet mod and good work. Cant wait to download it when I get emergency 4 again.

Just a quick question for the guys that created this mod I remember looking back at I want to say this mod in its infant stages and saw that the engines could hook up to hydrants. Just wondering if first if that was this FDNY mod and if so why did you ditch the idea? Besides that sweet mod and good work. Cant wait to download it when I get emergency 4 again.

That was the original NYC mod, we are trying our best to incorporate limited water with hydrant supply in v3

Hi all sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while. Started playing around with my own private mod yesterday for the first time in ages.

Anyways, is there any news on the standard version of this mod for the people who couldn't get it to work?

Hi all sorry I haven't been on the forum for a while. Started playing around with my own private mod yesterday for the first time in ages.

Anyways, is there any news on the standard version of this mod for the people who couldn't get it to work?

I'm looking into editing w00d's map to make it MM compatible, but this is still subject to testing with people on low spec

would i be able to use manhattan mod tower ladder?

Yes, we have the rule - anyone can use anything, so long as they credit the team and it isn't being used in another NY mod (that will require our express permission :) haha)

The ladder will be complex to add to a new mod however, as it is 2 seperate models (installed and normal) and a script to make it work, so beware, unless you're 100% on mods/scrips etc we recommend avoiding tower ladders

News update

Now I have some of my Uni work out of the way, I'm resuming full work on v3, the map is beginning to take shape, the unit reskins are done and we'll be working on some model improvements, light improvements and other stuff.

We're still searching for a lighter who can keep up with our heavy work load, so any enquiries about that should PM me.

We'll begin to show off some new screens once the map is full, there's still a few patches of untextured ground.

Here's the full info on the new version.

New units - E65 E34 E5 E6 E10 L10 E3 E40 E23 H1 + more to be announced

Units from previous version making a second appearance - R1 S18 E54 L2 L4 B9

The map - the map is a 1:1 scale replica (similar to v2) of Times Square, Midtown Manhattan.

There will be 3 on map firehouses - Engine 65 house, Pride of Midtown and Rescue 1

PD will be centred around the Times Square booth.

EMS will respond onto, and off map same as v2.

We may, also be featuring a new feature which allows the user to switch between several different maps prior to startup, if this feature proves successful we will create several different maps, all from different areas of Manhattan, and allow the user to choose which area they wish to play. This will include a precinct simulation, where the only calls will automatically be set to PD/EMS only and will feature no FD at all, except maybe the odd uncontrollable rig passing through in traffic. We are also shortlisting Duane St and Ten House in this list of houses, these houses will be central in map and will be the only on map units, creating a 'simulation' concept rather than the traditional gameplay in the standard Times Square map.

All the above is subject to experimentation and time, but is something we'll definitely be looking into.

As always thanks for reading and thanks for sticking with us through this dry spell of info/screens

Dyson

x

x

ok can i get a link to the ladder or do i have to download the whole mod. i will oonly use this for myself to no other mods.

You'll have to download the mod, then take out parts you want, but I don't think you understand how technical it'll be to get the ladder functioning in your own mod, but sure go for it.

x