Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Attention Dyson and/or Mod staff - The follwing must be complied to immediately.

It has been brought to our attention that a unit in your mod may have been used without permission and credit given. The model author contacted me with his concern, and provided his copy of the model several weeks before the version was released, and now that it has been released, and he has noticed he was not in the readme, he has contacted our staff once again. After review of the models provided, and the models in question, it has indeed been determined that this model has been used without credit.

You are to please update your credit list to include the authors of all models, or else this submod will be shut down immediately. You ahve 24 hours from the time of this post to respond, and if no action is taken, this mod will be closed permanently.

EMP Staff

Newfoundking.

Just for note, that has to be included in the actual mod, not just as a slightly editted readme thrown into the posts. And if that model is orignally from another author(MikeyPI), then you do indeed need to confirm permissions with him as stated in the 2 and 3 points in Copyright

2. Distributing

You are allowed to use, modify, and distribute in a modification anything that was originally created by me. Ensure that the models were indeed originally created by myself and not others, if it was created by another author, you still require their permission to use, modify, and distribute their works. Consult the last page of the Los Angeles Mod Manual for a full list of the authors of other models and contributions to the modification. The only thing I require in exchange for using my models is that you mention inyour readme/manual under credits my nickname for using any of my works in your modification. For Example: "Original Model By: Hoppah" along with the vehicle in which you used so that others know who they are required to credit should they modify it later. It is NOT permitted to distribute models that were originally created by myself without crediting me in the readme/manual file(s).

3. Other work

Not everything in the LA Mod is made by me. Please check out the readme or the manual of the LA Mod to find out what is made by who. Contact these authors if you want to use something from them. Contact me if you were not able to contact them.

Just for note, that has to be included in the actual mod, not just as a slightly editted readme thrown into the posts. And if that model is orignally from another author(MikeyPI), then you do indeed need to confirm permissions with him as stated in the 2 and 3 points in Copyright

Well i have permission (as its a submod) and I have credited MickeyPI and seriously? I have to reupload because someone is upset i accidentally missed them off the list? If so ill just remove the download link instead ceebs with that.

This drama is beyond more retarded than Justin Bieber. Lock this topic before it actually kills the submod.

and for NFK --- How dare you post that publicly? That is a direct insult to Dyson and the Submod. Next time take that matter to PM; Not exploit the mistakes/admin concerns publicly where everyone can read it.

So we have impatient kids already killing the submod and now ADMINS has to get involved and join the party?

Very immature.

This drama is beyond more retarded than Justin Bieber. Lock this topic before it actually kills the submod.

and for NFK --- How dare you post that publicly? That is a direct insult to Dyson and the Submod. Next time take that matter to PM; Not exploit the mistakes/admin concerns publicly where everyone can read it.

So we have impatient kids already killing the submod and now ADMINS has to get involved and join the party?

Very immature.

May want to watch it, your talking to a staff member.

First post and I must say Dyson thanks for your time and effort to give all the "CHILDREN" here a good mod.I must say all the immaturity and crying from the community and a certain member of your mod(NO CLASS)was uncalled for because they all begged you for the release then quickly turned on you when it wasn't quite ready,but then again some people are mentally challenged.I also agree with CFD,if you got an issue do it privately nobody enjoys being dissed in public.Keep up the good work and do it your way,but I can totally see if you bailed on this sub-mod....most on here the way they acted don't deserve it anyways!!!

Alright, I understand that many may have taken offence by the post regarding model credits and what not, and I did not intend to cause offence. However, what's done is done, I apologize for any offence I have caused.

We've had many problems with credits before, and therefore we have to follow the same set of making sure due credit is provided, as some people take a mile when given an inch, as we obviously don't want this happening we ahve to enforce a set flat rule for everyone. all is well and it was fixed easily. As for the models, from what I've gathered from my previous experience some model authors will want permission to be asked, others don't care. I'm leaving the models up to Mikey, as he is the original author of several of the LA mod models, so he reserves the right to limit use if he so wishes.

Anyways, I just ask that all people please retrun to the topic of the submod, and not the problems with model credits, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Well it seems I've got some catching up to do on post readings.

Very immature.

Without getting too defensive, as a staff member, I reserve the right to publically announce any warnings, bans etc. How come it's fine when someone asks a release date to post that they've been warned or whatever, but it's not okay to inform a mod that it is currently under investigation for not creditting model authors (which is considered theft)?

Basically, a rule is a rule. You break it, we punish you. If that means posting in your topic that you must adhere to the rule right away, that's just how it is. It's not immature. It'd be immature if I suspended everyone, locked the topic and closed the mod until I was given a fully updated Readme included in the mod. And I didn't do that, though I probably could've, I was nice.. See? I'm not pure evil.

May want to watch it, your talking to a staff member.

As much as I appreciate the back-up, and believe me it's nice to have back-up, I'm gonna suggest for your own good to just click report or something isntead of getting directly involved. Many times it escalates and ends in warnings and suspension for all.

He's right though. There is no need to air dirty laundry in public. Take it up with him privately.

He was spoken to privately in a much longer PM, however this was a mere notice that in 24 hours the mod would be closed if the rules were not adhered to.

First post and I must say Dyson thanks for your time and effort to give all the "CHILDREN" here a good mod.I must say all the immaturity and crying from the community and a certain member of your mod(NO CLASS)was uncalled for because they all begged you for the release then quickly turned on you when it wasn't quite ready,but then again some people are mentally challenged.I also agree with CFD,if you got an issue do it privately nobody enjoys being dissed in public.Keep up the good work and do it your way,but I can totally see if you bailed on this sub-mod....most on here the way they acted don't deserve it anyways!!!

I'd avoid calling people mentally challenged for 2 reasons. One, calling someone mentally challenged as a derogatory insult will get you warned 'round these parts. Two, it's very discriminatory to refer to someone who doesn't follow rules as mentally challenged becuase you think that's an insult. It's just like calling someone a faggot or a n*gger because it's insulting. Don't be at it, next time there will be warnings issued for derogtory attitude towards members.

Now I'll kindly ask everyone to remain on the topic of the NY Submod, anyone wishing to comment on my post, can do so in a PM. Anyone concerned with wha tI said, please do so in a PM. I'd really hate to have to warn people, delete posts and clean up a mess of people going off topic, so this is a warning ahead of time, any posts referring to this last little situation will result in deletion and possible warnings.

:police:

Edited by Newfoundking
B'y 'da jumpin' lord almighty! Makin' me do more work... tsk tsk tsk

My turn to comment, the submods are exempt from asking permission to use all the toys, and well let's face it I built more of em' for the LA mod than ya'll realize but whatever... However, they either must leave the ORIGINAL LAMOD readme in tact or indeed credit all of us that helped to create the LA mod into what it is. Love it or leave it, NFK was correct in bringing up this oversight, as how would you or your team feel Dyson if you were improperly credited along the way in the creation of a submod for your mod, if they just went ehh I'll credit Hoop b/c he made the bigger mod.... You and I both know that would not be fair, it's a simple fix of adding the "credits" from the original LA mod readme into yours, indeed a pain in the tailpipe to reupload but I somehow believe you would feel it is more than fair to do so given the time you spent on this submod if someone did the same to you..

To those who question our priveledges... As Staff we can ask in private or PM for such things, it's our own judgement to opt where we'll do so, but in the end to prevent further BS from someone doing the same friggin thing over again, it is EASIER to just point it out in public. It is not Dyson's fault as it is not clearly stated, though one would hope that in wanting credit for their efforts they would in turn show the same faith upon others.

Elas ends my comments on this whole affair, anyone wishes to respond to this, feel free to do so by PM, however if you do it in this topic beware of the banhammer.

My turn to comment, the submods are exempt from asking permission to use all the toys, and well let's face it I built more of em' for the LA mod than ya'll realize but whatever... However, they either must leave the ORIGINAL LAMOD readme in tact or indeed credit all of us that helped to create the LA mod into what it is. Love it or leave it, NFK was correct in bringing up this oversight, as how would you or your team feel Dyson if you were improperly credited along the way in the creation of a submod for your mod, if they just went ehh I'll credit Hoop b/c he made the bigger mod.... You and I both know that would not be fair, it's a simple fix of adding the "credits" from the original LA mod readme into yours, indeed a pain in the tailpipe to reupload but I somehow believe you would feel it is more than fair to do so given the time you spent on this submod if someone did the same to you..

To those who question our priveledges... As Staff we can ask in private or PM for such things, it's our own judgement to opt where we'll do so, but in the end to prevent further BS from someone doing the same friggin thing over again, it is EASIER to just point it out in public. It is not Dyson's fault as it is not clearly stated, though one would hope that in wanting credit for their efforts they would in turn show the same faith upon others.

Elas ends my comments on this whole affair, anyone wishes to respond to this, feel free to do so by PM, however if you do it in this topic beware of the banhammer.

I know it wasn't just hoppah, I credited everyone of known involvement, I'm just pretty annoyed that someone moans because they weren't mentioned in a readme (even though mentioned in the first post etc) has tried to pull the entire mod down, I barely mod for this submod atm, because of this, people are too immature, this is a game, not business, I'm trying to make something for people to enjoy, not to sell, im not stealing anything, its just a collection of work from people, so the fact that LAcityffen... has decided because he: flattened the front of the engine, even though I have put 3 months of work into making this for people, and a lot of people have done huge amounts more than you, and now me, and my team, are going to take a load of shit publicly on a forum for a game with a pegi 3+ rating, because you feel I've 'stollen' from you, and this isn't the first time you've tried, you did it before if you remember, and you were wrong, and I've even uploaded a second readme, but that wont do, well I don't care, I've not played this game for months, I just mod it, for the satisfaction that other people like it.

Good day

Dyson

x

p.s thanks for all the support, hope you'll continue the support through any other projects I take on

I know it wasn't just hoppah, I credited everyone of known involvement, I'm just pretty annoyed that someone moans because they weren't mentioned in a readme (even though mentioned in the first post etc) has tried to pull the entire mod down, I barely mod for this submod atm, because of this, people are too immature, this is a game, not business, I'm trying to make something for people to enjoy, not to sell, im not stealing anything, its just a collection of work from people, so the fact that LAcityffen... has decided because he: flattened the front of the engine, even though I have put 3 months of work into making this for people, and a lot of people have done huge amounts more than you, and now me, and my team, are going to take a load of shit publicly on a forum for a game with a pegi 3+ rating, because you feel I've 'stollen' from you, and this isn't the first time you've tried, you did it before if you remember, and you were wrong, and I've even uploaded a second readme, but that wont do, well I don't care, I've not played this game for months, I just mod it, for the satisfaction that other people like it.

Good day

Dyson

x

p.s thanks for all the support, hope you'll continue the support through any other projects I take on

I agree with it, it's just a freakin mod you know :1046275767_ugly: as he say's he's not gonna sell it, but i understand what people are thinking like : Oh shit it's mines they may not use it, because im the owner. i hate those people and its just a freakin mod and at all if someone use it in his mod you need to be proud caus someone like's youre model and want to use it!! think twice before gonna tell just the same way as you where annoying by youre brother and go to mom and say : He hit me, and he will be punished, for a little thing, its going the same way as modelling, modding, etc. it did happend to me too, with my dc mod i did thinking oh it's nice maybe i can make a nice van of it and martijntjuh will like it, but noo i get a warning an punished so, i really dont care if people saying oh i had the same mod but im firt so you need to stop with it or it's mine model you can't use it, i can say the same i will release my mod and say to you, you cant play it because you play with MY models. Well i can go on for hours with this, i will stop now, and i know after 1 day posting this comment there will be people who's gonna say that this isnt true and its a stupid comment and etc. and maybe get a another warning,

So i will stop now with annoying people with my minds.

Good day

Good day

Dyson

x

Well, that hit the nail on the head. I had given up on this whole series. The LA Mod brought me back in. I have enjoyed it! But once again, I am looking for something new to play. (Fire/Rescue based) The NY based mods and submods were going to inject some new life into this game for me.

I can't understand the infighting and lack of teamwork here. Dyson put it perfectly. Nobody is making any money off of this venture. It is done to make the game and series more fun, to extend the life of its playability. Does anybody really care who made the units? I don't! I appreciate that someone has taken their spare time to do it. If I had any skills at all, I would build my own Mod and put it out to be played. Why? Because it is fun! That's what a hobby is all about. Doing it for the fun of it.

I have said this before, but the community should have rallied around Dyson. For our own good. NY Mod guys have tons of models done, and they have the knowledge. The project is gonna be delayed? How about giving Dyson some of your older models so that the submod can get off the ground? QRA? You guys gave the NY Mod some models. Why not Dyson? I don't see how any of that would have taken away from your mods at all. In fact it would have been a good pick me up for a guy who tried to do the right thing and give us some NY themed play. If everyone who had done a NY themed Mod or submod had actually worked together as a team, we would be talking about how much fun the submod is, and how great the full mods will be when they are released. Now we are all wondering if this is the end of this series.

Edited by MikeyPI
Fixed your post's quote issue, next time don't type IN "[/quote]"

Apparently, you do understand what is being explicitly asked by the moderators. Instead of spending 10 minutes to write a text just to argue back you could also spend some time in mentioning all authors in the readme of the submod. Afterall, this discussion is basically about nothing, but we don't ask anything else from you.

Apparently, you do understand what is being explicitly asked by the moderators. Instead of spending 10 minutes to write a text just to argue back you could also spend some time in mentioning all authors in the readme of the submod. We don't ask anything else from you.

Hoppah, the above was my reply. I don't know why it was posted that way.

Since nobody can read and get off the topic in question, nor take it to PM... Dyson wasnt even commenting about me directly with most of his statement... He just forgot about paragraphs, seems nobody can read well enough to understand that though.... @ Max there, You took FULL credit for building the express in the DC mod, you never once mentioned the real author once so don't even try to compare apples to oranges on that one... Dyson's case is VASTLY different than yours, take the time to make a model instead of just removing parts from one and claiming it's yours and then you'll have an idea..

@ Dyson the reason why the credits go into the Readme is pretty simple, Say for example someone gets your Submod, they decide they want to mod it for release, they will go under the assumption Hoppah made the core of it, then you modded on top of it, thus the proper credits of whom did what are completely lost, such is why it is asked to properly credit people in the README instead of just in the topic, because very quickly who did what goes out the window...

Moderator related:

IF someone wishes to comment further, feel free to do so IN PM ONLY, IF another post appears in response to this I will just toss 2 day suspensions for it rather than writing again.

Please everyone, lets stop arguing about how messed up this released submod version is (No offense Dyson and team) and get to the happy things about the mod. I'll start..Dyson, I really like the new models and the lightbar lights look great so awesome work CFD! Can't wait to see more in the next patch. Keep up the awesome work!

Since nobody can read and get off the topic in question, nor take it to PM... Dyson wasnt even commenting about me directly with most of his statement... He just forgot about paragraphs, seems nobody can read well enough to understand that though.... @ Max there, You took FULL credit for building the express in the DC mod, you never once mentioned the real author once so don't even try to compare apples to oranges on that one... Dyson's case is VASTLY different than yours, take the time to make a model instead of just removing parts from one and claiming it's yours and then you'll have an idea..

@ Dyson the reason why the credits go into the Readme is pretty simple, Say for example someone gets your Submod, they decide they want to mod it for release, they will go under the assumption Hoppah made the core of it, then you modded on top of it, thus the proper credits of whom did what are completely lost, such is why it is asked to properly credit people in the README instead of just in the topic, because very quickly who did what goes out the window...

Moderator related:

IF someone wishes to comment further, feel free to do so IN PM ONLY, IF another post appears in response to this I will just toss 2 day suspensions for it rather than writing again.

Jesus christ man, i have asked everywhere for can someone help me with modeling and make it just like a real car but noo nobody anwser it,so what do i have to do if i can't make a ''good'' model, that's right use it from someone else. with forgetting to post who make the van originally

Hey Dyson and Team,

although I now that you (and your team) are actually taking a break, I would like to post some suggestions for further versions of your sub mod.

(Someone asked for a list of bugs... here we go!)

1. improve dispatching => The siren of the cars shouldn´t start inside the firehouse.

2. improve/correct the pathways next to the construction side on the mainstreet to the hospital.

3. please fix the ALS bug => Maybe try to change the ALS EMTs with the BLS EMTs or bann the ALS Ambulances ^^

4. lower the rate of incoming civil cars or improve the trafic light on the mainstreets

5. change the Rescue 1 FF to the usual/common ones .. or take the skins of the FF inside the Firehouse (with a change to normal cloth button :-)).

6. correct the pic of the Rescue 1 to the actaul one.

7. place a garage or something else on the spawnpoint of the police units.

As I said, these are suggestions.. don´t hate me if you don´t like them.

I really like what you built out of Hoppahs LA Mod and please go on.

Sorry for my bad english

Greeting Scubidooo

Hey Dyson and Team,

although I now that you (and your team) are actually taking a break, I would like to post some suggestions for further versions of your sub mod.

(Someone asked for a list of bugs... here we go!)

1. improve dispatching => The siren of the cars shouldn´t start inside the firehouse.

2. improve/correct the pathways next to the construction side on the mainstreet to the hospital.

3. please fix the ALS bug => Maybe try to change the ALS EMTs with the BLS EMTs or bann the ALS Ambulances ^^

4. lower the rate of incoming civil cars or improve the trafic light on the mainstreets

5. change the Rescue 1 FF to the usual/common ones .. or take the skins of the FF inside the Firehouse (with a change to normal cloth button :-)).

6. correct the pic of the Rescue 1 to the actaul one.

7. place a garage or something else on the spawnpoint of the police units.

As I said, these are suggestions.. don´t hate me if you don´t like them.

I really like what you built out of Hoppahs LA Mod and please go on.

Sorry for my bad english

Greeting Scubidooo

i agree with 1, 3 and 6