Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Basically, What Dyson is saying that we have changed our approach and game plan --- Due to the nature of Realism of the Original NYC Mod, We are now determined to be a competition and to have improved models, better game play, and lastly, better realism.

Even though, Time is an issue, but patience is virtue. Do not let this be an discouragement --- Especially being a supporter. We ask you to keep your support elevated. If you wish to have this process speed up, You are obliged to assist us in many ways. Just inform Dyson of your assistance, and the more assistance we have, the faster and better this mod can be made and released. Fear not, the Beta will still be released.

Also, due to the high volume of Admins being involved, We would like to have every one of you to take this to consideration: Compose your equanimity. The more you express your exasperation and the more you express your impatient attitude, by asking us the release dates or progress of Sub mod --- We become more discouraged because it not only it makes Dyson and his Modding team more pressurized but to be ruffled as well.

The modding team is trying at their best to bring this mod to come alive and powerful. But only, on our Free time. The process of modding can be thwarting but we keep the support from you guys as motivation, and that keeps us enabled to stick to the plan.

Thank you.

Competing with the NY MOD is kind of stupid on your part you realize they have an all new GUI right

Further more once the NY Mod is released (Later this year/Early next year) no one will really play the NY Mod because its too much like LA A New Map would really help you guys get rid of the LA things and add ones from NY and it might be better for now.

~Station 27~

Competing with the NY MOD is kind of stupid on your part you realize they have an all new GUI right

Further more once the NY Mod is released (Later this year/Early next year) no one will really play the NY Mod because its too much like LA A New Map would really help you guys get rid of the LA things and add ones from NY and it might be better for now.

~Station 27~

Who said we wouldn't be. I've not said what would be in the mod yet.

~Station 27~

Ouch, that's really rude considering all of the time that has been put into this.

When the NY submod was created there was talk of the NY mod never being released.

So I would be quiet.

This was created to hold people off until the Ny mod is released.

Ouch, that's really rude considering all of the time that has been put into this.

When the NY submod was created there was talk of the NY mod never being released.

So I would be quiet.

This was created to hold people off until the Ny mod is released.

Actually the NY MOD is almost ready FFW TUT and other members of the NY MOD have said that they expect to be releasing Later This Year or Early Next Year

Actually the NY MOD is almost ready FFW TUT and other members of the NY MOD have said that they expect to be releasing Later This Year or Early Next Year

I'll believe it when I see it...

And even if the NY Mod does get released late this year early next year, I'd still play the NY submod.

I love playing mods that are advanced (etc. winterberg,) But I also get sick of all the advanced stuff so I will play mods down to the basics, but I still have NY units. So people will play both.

I love playing mods that are advanced (etc. winterberg,) But I also get sick of all the advanced stuff so I will play mods down to the basics, but I still have NY units. So people will play both.

I will be making the mod regardless, even if its just for me to play xD anyway work on the missions has begun whilst the FDNY work continues..

heres a preview, its currently being tested by me but it seems to work well :) (this will be mission 2)

Guest JoyRiderUSA

Dyson, I got my modeling tools back up and running. Since Ive never really modeled anything for this game...how detailed should this model be for the players/game to handle it.

Edit: Are we talking Hi-Poly or Lo-Poly models?

Dyson, I got my modeling tools back up and running. Since Ive never really modeled anything for this game...how detailed should this model be for the players/game to handle it.

Edit: Are we talking Hi-Poly or Lo-Poly models?

I'm not the bestto ask tbh

Oh Wait! You need to make a nosey reporter who gets to close to the scene, and pesters emergency responders trying to get the "best" shot. Spreading lies in the background about things they don't understand.

"We are live here at blah blah, where WE believe a terrorist just set off an explosion"

*Fire fighter walks up*

"Um no, the car fire started after the accident"

"You heard it live on fox! Go to commercial Tom!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side joke aside that looks like a good mission, and it's only a picture :)

under 5K poly for a rare model is good, under 3500 for regulars like cop cars tends to be a good fit for "normal" PC's higher class PC's can handle more without bogging down, unless the model is insane 10K+ I don't think it'd be too traumatic on the experience... Most people go with the lower the better, whatever you can do while still looking like the thing. But my figures are for a decent computer, not a top of the line nor the "original" game.

Guest JoyRiderUSA

under 5K poly for a rare model is good, under 3500 for regulars like cop cars tends to be a good fit for "normal" PC's higher class PC's can handle more without bogging down, unless the model is insane 10K+ I don't think it'd be too traumatic on the experience... Most people go with the lower the better, whatever you can do while still looking like the thing. But my figures are for a decent computer, not a top of the line nor the "original" game.

Thank you it really helps with the process.

I'm working on missions whilst the final adjustments are made to v2.1

see what you think...

here's one of my mission ideas

img

very cool, but minor technical note here =]

New York Army National Guard units don't wear the 10th Mountain Division patch. A lot of NG units train at Fort Drum, which is where 10 MTN is based out of, but we're about 8hrs away from New York City. NG units from New York wear this unit patch: http://stores.uniforms-4you.com/catalog/newyorksmall.jpg

Also the US flag is reversed on military uniforms. Its also against regulations to have your sleeves rolled up in that uniform :P

this is all splitting hairs on the details though I guess- overall this mod is looking absolutely awesome!

My 2cents, and its not much, I'd release what you have. I'll play it in any condition. When you update it, you update it.

well the thing is if we did that there whould be 20000 whinebags complaining about the cars not complete or bugs

I will be making the mod regardless, even if its just for me to play xD anyway work on the missions has begun whilst the FDNY work continues..

heres a preview, its currently being tested by me but it seems to work well :) (this will be mission 2)

hahaha, the pipe explosion mission. But it need people running by the street.

Station27;

Technically, you're advertising for the original NYC Mod, and to be frank, thats offending. I don't care how far they are in, I don't care how pretty they are, I don't care how many vehicles, or Maps, or scripts they made, to be honest, i really don't care.

Why? Because We can do it too, We're all human. Sure they may have some scripting experiences and modding experiences, but we can too! So to have someone tell us in a different manner of " Your mod won't be as great as NYC Mod" -- Well Guess what, choke on a lollipop.

So far, we're doing good, i mean, we have models made, we're already in progress of mapping missions -- Sure its not very pretty at this point, they're WORK IN PROGRESS; But the point is, we're already this far. Pretty fast, imo. Dyson is very talented, and his modding team too. They don't have a degree in Model Edits from College, or certifications of making a mod really good, but you know what? They're doing a damn good job so far. We're the HBIC!

Let me say this, I believe that the original NYC Mod is trying to be dominative, to be situated in or occupy a position that is more elevated or decidedly superior to others; Hence their fancy models, missions and scripts; The domination of Mastery. Sounds like Jonas Brothers to me. We're going Justin Bieber mode.

We're doing this for you guys, because Dyson wants to. We're also doing this to pay respect to the Great City of New York and its First Responders, the NYPD, FDNY and EMS.

So your statement is illogical, spurious and irrational.

Agreed with C.F.D

Update on the engine. Bed of the ladder is complete. still need to make the fly, but 10 steps (equivalent to 14" apart) are on, so this is the 24' extension ladder, with the same detail as a real ladder. starter roll now on the front, and continuing to add more hose. Screens to come when I feel like feeding you guys ;)

C.F.D,

you are totally right. Anyway how long have they been at that mod? a couple of years. This mod has been going for a couple of months, and has got just as much hype as the NYC mod. Give us time and this mod could be matched with the NYC mod.

Wow, Its almost like you cant read.

I said when this was created 3.mo ago there was talk of the Ny mod not coming out.

And don't actually me, Jerk.