Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

Mod is looking great :) I'm a big fan of your other mods

I have an idea which will add to the realism that I have tried unsuccessfully to do, if your interested.

Currently when a unit is dispatched by the Battalion chief from the station the following happens in this order:

station alarm sounds - vehicles emergency lights turn on – crew spawn from station doors and head to the vehicle – once the crew are in the vehicle the station door opens and the vehicle responds - station door closes.

I don’t know exactly how the turn out goes in LA but I'm a Kiwi firemen and think it would be more realistic if things happened in the following order:

station alarm sounds and station door opens – crew spawn from station doors and head to the vehicle – vehicles emergency lights turn on once the crew are inside the vehicle and then it responds - station door closes

Mod is looking great :) I'm a big fan of your other mods

I have an idea which will add to the realism that I have tried unsuccessfully to do, if your interested.

Currently when a unit is dispatched by the Battalion chief from the station the following happens in this order:

station alarm sounds - vehicles emergency lights turn on – crew spawn from station doors and head to the vehicle – once the crew are in the vehicle the station door opens and the vehicle responds - station door closes.

I don’t know exactly how the turn out goes in LA but I'm a Kiwi firemen and think it would be more realistic if things happened in the following order:

station alarm sounds and station door opens – crew spawn from station doors and head to the vehicle – vehicles emergency lights turn on once the crew are inside the vehicle and then it responds - station door closes

That should be relatively easy to do, all that would need to be done would be to change the timing in the BC script.

That should be relatively easy to do, all that would need to be done would be to change the timing in the BC script.

I have tried myself for my own mod but didn't quite understand enough to get it to work, I'm sure those with a bit more scripting skill will be able to sort it if they think it’s a more realistic way of portraying a station response. I don’t know of any Fire stations that have their trucks emergency lights automatically turn on when the bells go down lol

Hi :) , i was playyin' yhur submod the other day and i came up with an idea whilst playyin',

my idea was during a traffic accident or event that will use mostly the roads would it be possible to divert traffic

around the scene for example rather than jus turn them round an send them back the way they came?

Hi :) , i was playyin' yhur submod the other day and i came up with an idea whilst playyin',

my idea was during a traffic accident or event that will use mostly the roads would it be possible to divert traffic

around the scene for example rather than jus turn them round an send them back the way they came?

That's already been posed..... MANY times. It has been decided that it would be very difficult/impossible to do.

That's already been posed..... MANY times. It has been decided that it would be very difficult/impossible to do.

I have always wondered how a 'way-point' like system would do for it. IE throw flares at certain locations and the cars follow it, then 'snap' back into their proper pathing. - But of course this will more then likely never see fruition. One can dream, no?

Nope I am not sure any released mod has accomplished this and all I do is small tweaks to Hoppahs scripts.

Sup 4x4, I was looking at your E-7 skin (The USFS Brush Engine) and it's not a great skin... Are you planning to fix it at some point before release?

Thatd depends..."Its not great" doesnt exactly tell me whats so bad about it, so how can I fix it?

Xplorer4x4, have you fixed some of the problems with your 3rd FS? From the file you gave me a while back i have seen a little problem I had to fix. If you alwready adjusted it ill be quiet but if you havent let me know and ill shoot you a message and show you what I found.

There are so many problems with that fire house. XD It's a real pain in the ass in game.

Xplorer4x4, have you fixed some of the problems with your 3rd FS? From the file you gave me a while back i have seen a little problem I had to fix. If you alwready adjusted it ill be quiet but if you havent let me know and ill shoot you a message and show you what I found.

Drop me a PM as I am unsure.

Nope I am not sure any released mod has accomplished this and all I do is small tweaks to Hoppahs scripts.

Thatd depends..."Its not great" doesnt exactly tell me whats so bad about it, so how can I fix it?

Just look at it. Maybe put a few more doors,and clean it up and put some detail on it besides just a white 7, because there's a lot to brush engines. Rosenbaur brush engine. http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/media/documents/pdf/wildland_eng.pdf The wildland engine is basically what your looking at, if you want to fix it up. That way it has detail to it instead of a red box.

Just look at it. Maybe put a few more doors,and clean it up and put some detail on it besides just a white 7, because there's a lot to brush engines. Rosenbaur brush engine. http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/media/documents/pdf/wildland_eng.pdf The wildland engine is basically what your looking at, if you want to fix it up. That way it has detail to it instead of a red box.

It has a white stripe saying fire, and 4 compartments outlined on each side, not sure how it could be any more detailed in terms of the skin, besides E17 will be an off the map unit anyways and has been replaced so it probably wont see much front line use anymore. Plus the USFS trucks will make there return here as there fitting for the wooded campground area imo. Pretend its part of a national park or soemthing like that :P

It has a white stripe saying fire, and 4 compartments outlined on each side, not sure how it could be any more detailed in terms of the skin, besides E17 will be an off the map unit anyways and has been replaced so it probably wont see much front line use anymore. Plus the USFS trucks will make there return here as there fitting for the wooded campground area imo. Pretend its part of a national park or soemthing like that :P

I'm gonna relook it over, but put some markings on it or something, because atm, it's kinda... w/e. I'll take some pics of a real unit like that and send it to you. Maybe make the skin more like this unit just so it has some markings?

I think its pretty sufficient, its got cabinets, stripping, and says fire on the box as well. The cab has stripping, and says E17 on it. I have more important thing to worry about then touching up that engine as its going to be a call of the map unit, and theres going to be a new model replacing it.

ATM, no, sadly I havent been able to reach helljumper in some time. He sat down to work on it, got it mostly modeled, and then up and disappeared. I know he was really busy with real life, but he has read any messages I have sent to him usually the same day, just hasnt wrote back, so for now the tiller and tower will have to remain.

Well thats up to the player. I cant force people but what I am saying is with the new LA Mod map, there isnt any dense forest area to really warrant calling in USFS. However this map has a Forrest/camp ground area in the upper right section of the map that imo, is worth calling in the USFS Trucks for.