FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Across the United States Public Safety Officers are utilized. These are police officers trained usually to the EMT-Basic level, as well as basic fire training as well. Turnout gear, and a Basic EMS Bag are kept in the patrol vehicle alongside the police equipment. More often than not these will be sheriff deputies driving a SUV of some sort and the purpose is to provide better patient care/ response for volunteer depts.

There are however places that require all uniformed police officers to be EMTs and even firefighters as well using a combination Police/Fire roster. So all cops are firefighters and vice versa, the shifts are goofy though but it would be fun.

In remote areas, the police dept even operates as the ALS paramedic provider with a police dept ambulance. Out north west I know this is not a new thing.

In the suburban areas though, the only place you're likely to find a Fire/Medic/Cop combo is attached to a SWAT team (They work fulltime as a cop and part time on a fire dept to keep their paramedic con-ed up) or aboard a police helo that also does medevac.

no ALL FDNY figherfighters have to be CFR so all engines are CFR so yea its pretty much useless making cops CFR in this game as well

As far as I know not all engines are CFR engines, cause I have specifically heard requests for CFR engines, like at Saturday's bus crash, but it probably has to do with staffing levels and thing like that

Across the United States Public Safety Officers are utilized. These are police officers trained usually to the EMT-Basic level, as well as basic fire training as well. Turnout gear, and a Basic EMS Bag are kept in the patrol vehicle alongside the police equipment. More often than not these will be sheriff deputies driving a SUV of some sort and the purpose is to provide better patient care/ response for volunteer depts.

There are however places that require all uniformed police officers to be EMTs and even firefighters as well using a combination Police/Fire roster. So all cops are firefighters and vice versa, the shifts are goofy though but it would be fun.

In remote areas, the police dept even operates as the ALS paramedic provider with a police dept ambulance. Out north west I know this is not a new thing.

In the suburban areas though, the only place you're likely to find a Fire/Medic/Cop combo is attached to a SWAT team (They work fulltime as a cop and part time on a fire dept to keep their paramedic con-ed up) or aboard a police helo that also does medevac.

Nassau and Suffolk counties both employ officers as EMTs and Medics and run their own ambulance service, but the NYPD doesn't except for two ambulances staffed by the ESU Tactical Medics for tactical operations. Next time please do some research on what NYPD, FDNY, etc. does before you just add info that doesn't really serve any purpose to this topic.

well in england all police are trained in atleast basic first aid this means that if they come accross someone lying on the street or at a shooting they can stablize the person to stop them dying while waiting for the ambulance, as i often find when there is an assault on the game and someone is injured on the ground its looks very strange the police just standing watching instead of trying to keep them alive or stablize them the same goes for when a police officer used deadly force

There is actually a topic buried in here somewhere? NFK made an Off Topic for NY related info ironically nobody seems to pay attention to the fact it exists.... Pity.

Neglected NY Offtopic Topic, it's sad n lonely n nobody loves it.

hm, decided to show you a screen of the GUI... its a screenshot took in the first tutorial stage (date of screenshot: 10/22/2010).

em42010-10-0222-05-35-vu21.png

as shown above it was a while ago we took this screen, the time brought changes... e.g. after we decided to make the chauffeur and the captain as single "actors" the talkie is just in the bar of the cpt. or the SCBA status is displayed in PSI now.

but you are going to see the current status on screens coming with the media package, may this screenshot smooth some ruffled feelings.

So im assuming that the 10-codes will be in the radio option, right?

Wonder if you could set some script up to force a vehicle's position at user command, so that you can park trucks properly without spending years trying to stop them blocking all the traffic and making a massive jam that never resolves.

Why? In most states the fire department either parks in front of the building (for structures), on in a manor to create a protective box (for MVA's). Not to mention New York doesn't have a lot of open space, nor does the FDNY care about being in someone's way. They are responding to an emergency so every second counts, if they get in someone's way to bad, that person can spare a second or two too go around. The MOST useful thing would be a command from ERS Berlin ... one that allows you to direct traffic in a certain direction.

However, that is not here nor there, or on topic. I'm sure they have addressed every possible problem, and any problems that arise after the release will be swiftly taken care of. Besides, look at how much time they've put into this mod, I'm sure they have their T's crossed, and I's dotted.

Why? In most states the fire department either parks in front of the building (for structures), on in a manor to create a protective box (for MVA's). Not to mention New York doesn't have a lot of open space, nor does the FDNY care about being in someone's way. They are responding to an emergency so every second counts, if they get in someone's way to bad, that person can spare a second or two too go around. The MOST useful thing would be a command from ERS Berlin ... one that allows you to direct traffic in a certain direction.

However, that is not here nor there, or on topic. I'm sure they have addressed every possible problem, and any problems that arise after the release will be swiftly taken care of. Besides, look at how much time they've put into this mod, I'm sure they have their T's crossed, and I's dotted.

I think he means how if you tell a firetruck to go to a certain area, sometimes i'll just drop itself in the same sort fasion you'd get frmo dropping a toy car on to your floor. I'm sorring, but there is no need for a fire truck to block three lanes of traffic that is not affecting you and your emergency, since it'll only potentially create more emergencies.

However fixing this in game the only way I could see this would be to place a VO every time, have it create a command to park in that space, then delete that VO, and repeat every time, which if it was possible would tax your system way beyond belief. So unless they've got a way around that method, then we'll be dealing with that kinda stuff.

Will the mod be in real time? for example, will a real life minute be a minute in the mod

I am not a apart of the development team for this mod, I just translate from time to time, but I realy don't see them including a time factor where it is as slow as real life. The reason game time differs from real time is because if you have a real call, it would take 10 minutes for an ambulance to respond, sensibly, so for us to dispatch, then wait ten minutes, i would quit the game, it'd be too much realism. And if you didn't do it like that, then you'd have about 10000 calls in a day, each completed in around one or two minutes, also very bad

Do you mean a fog of war idea where you can't see what's going on on the map unless you have units their? Or do you mean like a dispatch screen?

I mean, you dont know whats happening on the scene until units have arrived on the scene, for example you never know how bad a fire is until you are on the scene.

For the siren, with trucks that may have Q's or anything close to that (Squad 18 has one if you put it in there), can we wind those up ourselves by just pressing a button or does it only work with Whelen, Pa300's, etc?

Why do people obsess over this? It is a cool concept sure, but dont you have more important things to worry about like dispatching units to the scene. Usually this involves grabbing the nearest police car or two, sending an EMS unit or two, or sending a few fire units depending on what the call is. Now even at one call at a time what about securing the scene if need be or the many other tasks at hand. Sorry I just dont understand the fascination with this since it seems to come up in like every mod.

As for this mod, every time I disappear, I suspect I am going to come back and finally this thing is going to be out..and every time I was wrong. Bash me all you want but it still amazes me this thing is still in development.

well yeah this mod is taking a really long time but everyone says a good mod takes a long time that yes but im with you and i'd say the exact same thing you said on your last 2 sentences

The original topic was created in 2008, then after 200 odd pages of spam posts, we decided to give them another cahnce at a topic, close their old one, start a better one, and we're back here... We went through the first couple pages, and deleted every post that didn't belong to FFW TUT so that the first page was all reserved for the team.

This mod has gone through three diffent versions before being released. Originally, this was just another plain old vehicle mod, but after 3 years, it's started the game almost again. Yeah, they'll have a lot of cool things added, but will it make the game super crazy nuts interesting? Probably not, as with everything (with exception of Deus Ex) you'll get bored of it eventually.

Who knows, this may just be a psychology project, to see how long people will wait for something they don't know anything about, and how many stupid empty posts can be repeated, when the actual team only ever answers once in a blue moon or so.

Actually, no I'm the only one evil enough to do that

I'm evil enough to do it as well.. But to go onto what NFK said, perhaps just perhaps some people who develop mods want to actually get them RIGHT the first time, everyone is expecting that Version 1.0Beta will be released, these guys clearly have no intention of doing this type of behavior, they want to ensure the first version is about as damage-proof as possible, of course someone will find a way to break it as is the way with these mods including mine I'm sure.... But some of us actually do want to put out a proper Version 1.0 that works for people who'll use things as intended rather than trying to break it, in most cases you even attempt to replicate what someone will do to try to wreck it because well.... someone always finds a way... To make a correct mod that is nearly infallable takes time, everyone likes to pick on this fact, such is why my mod doesnt have a topic to prevent such comments.

Give them time, let them try to make it to where it can't be broken, even though someone will find a way to do so.... Everyone knows this is a fact of life when you mod something... if there's a will there's a way to break it and someone will find it and complain about it, they are just attempting to cover their bases in ensuring they don't release a bug-ridden addon for this game... one would hope people would appreciate this but i digest.

The original topic was created in 2008, then after 200 odd pages of spam posts, we decided to give them another cahnce at a topic, close their old one, start a better one, and we're back here... We went through the first couple pages, and deleted every post that didn't belong to FFW TUT so that the first page was all reserved for the team.

This mod has gone through three diffent versions before being released. Originally, this was just another plain old vehicle mod, but after 3 years, it's started the game almost again. Yeah, they'll have a lot of cool things added, but will it make the game super crazy nuts interesting? Probably not, as with everything (with exception of Deus Ex) you'll get bored of it eventually.

Who knows, this may just be a psychology project, to see how long people will wait for something they don't know anything about, and how many stupid empty posts can be repeated, when the actual team only ever answers once in a blue moon or so.

Actually, no I'm the only one evil enough to do that

I think that this has crossed a lot of minds. I think that many here agree that this will be a fun mod, but it is not a life changing event. Hell, as much as I played Modern Warfare 2, I don't play it anymore. I absolutely love that game. Could this whole thing be a psy-op? Sure. I also visit less and less, hoping for the elusive media package, a release date, or some nice nugget of information. It never comes, so.......

I realize that the team has lives of their own, but right now, we aren't getting any new info at all. There is not really enough to keep this game on many people's radar. I know that this is their game and they release info on their timetable, but I, apparently like many others, am doubting that we will see a public release of this mod. They said that mapping had begun, and the media package had begun, months ago, then very little since. I would be trying to keep my peeps excited about what I was doing and keep the mod on the forefront of everyone's mind. That's how I operate. Hopefully, I am wrong, and they are just trying to perfect things. I just get the sense that many here are starting to lose interest......

Give them time, let them try to make it to where it can't be broken, even though someone will find a way to do so.... Everyone knows this is a fact of life when you mod something... if there's a will there's a way to break it and someone will find it and complain about it, they are just attempting to cover their bases in ensuring they don't release a bug-ridden addon for this game... one would hope people would appreciate this but i digest.

I can appreciate this because I have developed on many platforms, not just EM4, but after 2 years, 3 years, or however long it has been, even with the work mentality of lets spend 10-20 minuets a day on the project, its crazy to think that they do not have something suitable and break proof as possible to release as v1.0.

Due to some private things i let close this topic for a time. this doesnt mean we stop developing... just cant take discussions like the last one anymore, going on my nerves... no offense but there are some more important facts i have to deal with atm. so i think its the best for all atm to close this topic until i feel better again. we just stop public information for the time the topic is closed!

I can appreciate this because I have developed on many platforms, not just EM4, but after 2 years, 3 years, or however long it has been, even with the work mentality of lets spend 10-20 minuets a day on the project, its crazy to think that they do not have something suitable and break proof as possible to release as v1.0.

we develope on the current version since 1,5 yrs... no more no less.