FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

It depends on where you are, my county uses it as non-emergency. i.e. "Attention ABC ambulance, alpha response for a lift assist, 123 smith street for a 55 year old male who fell out of his wheel chair."

Its because im listening to San Roman Valley Fire Dept.. with the Fire Department app for Ipad/Iphone

They said it depends on the area the map is based on. If there is a fire dept in the location in real life, there will be one on the map. (We dont know where the exact map is based on.)

have they said how many firehouse will be on the map? is every units house going to be on the map?

I do know they are doing 100 Duane Street because I seen pictures of it. They have engines from manhattan, bronx, and chinatown on the first post so who knows which one they decide and how many exactly they are going to include.

I do know they are doing 100 Duane Street because I seen pictures of it. They have engines from manhattan, bronx, and chinatown on the first post so who knows which one they decide and how many exactly they are going to include.

They also have the "Tenhouse" or at least their apparatus. I can imagine a Manhattan map, with 2 or max. 3 fire houses, and everything else is off map...

We also need to consider, that NY is kind of unique, or at least different in this way, because most of the firehouses are small, with one or two cars. So maybe more smaller ones, e.g.: Rescue 1 has a single home, 100 Duane street is E-7 L-1 and BC-1, tenhouse is E-10 and L-10, these are still not much apparatus on the map comparing to other mods...

They said it depends on the area the map is based on. If there is a fire dept in the location in real life, there will be one on the map. (We dont know where the exact map is based on.)

There will be one map to start with, which will be the area around 100 Duane Street, but as time goes on, they will create more maps that will change as you play through the mod. So if you are playing a china town map, the dragonfighters will be on it, if you're playing a World Trade Center area map, the ten house will be on it, and so on.

There will be one map to start with, which will be the area around 100 Duane Street, but as time goes on, they will create more maps that will change as you play through the mod. So if you are playing a china town map, the dragonfighters will be on it, if you're playing a World Trade Center area map, the ten house will be on it, and so on.

Fair Enough, so I guess the other units are off map (obviously)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought on the startup menu they previewed, it had an area selection menu, which had the 5 boroughs.

I assume there is an area from each borough used as the map.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake,

Post #2435

It shows just Manhattan.

But it does show that there are multiple maps, so maybe the boroughs.

Following this topic, the mod seems much more advanced than any other mod I have ever seen. No offense to hoppah but, his mod seems a little "out-dated" compared to this mod. Over-all I hope this mod will be at leased or even more better than the LA mod.

Hahaha of course it is more advanced. Hoppah's mod is not "out-dated", Hoppah just does not want to add all these extra features like these guys into the game simply because its really not needed. It would be cool but there is a lot of time and scripting, etc. that needs to be done to make everything do what you want it to do. Until this mod is released, there should be no comparing saying other mods are out-dated because I'm still going to play the LA mod and this mod when it comes out, simple as that.

Hahaha of course it is more advanced. Hoppah's mod is not "out-dated", Hoppah just does not want to add all these extra features like these guys into the game simply because its really not needed. It would be cool but there is a lot of time and scripting, etc. that needs to be done to make everything do what you want it to do. Until this mod is released, there should be no comparing saying other mods are out-dated because I'm still going to play the LA mod and this mod when it comes out, simple as that.

I didn't mean that the LA mod "Sucks" or anything, I just meant I'm getting kinda bored with the same missions and freeplay map. I'm not a modder, just learning so I can't remod LA mod. I am saying that maybe it is time for a new mod, new experience. And yeah, I still play the LA mod, I mean it's still the greatest mod out... For now!

Well yeah. This mod has features that are (supposedly) simple and realistic. At least the mod will be in English and I know my American stuff (obviously), so this mod won't be hard to play for me. Anyway, realistic, different, and new, that describes the NY mod so far! :12:

idk if you guys will want to answer this but im extremely curious as to how we will be able to view different floors in a high rise fire. say the fires on the 20th floor nd we have fireman on multiple floors and on the street.how will we view everything?

idk if you guys will want to answer this but im extremely curious as to how we will be able to view different floors in a high rise fire. say the fires on the 20th floor nd we have fireman on multiple floors and on the street.how will we view everything?

i haven't ready every page of this thread but i'm sure if there will be highrise fires and you can be on multiple levels instead of like the sims they have highrises but other then the floor theres only like one level but... i'm sure they have a way if this situation is possible and i doubt there gonna tell you until it comes out cause they want alot of this to be a surprise

i haven't ready every page of this thread but i'm sure if there will be highrise fires and you can be on multiple levels instead of like the sims they have highrises but other then the floor theres only like one level but... i'm sure they have a way if this situation is possible and i doubt there gonna tell you until it comes out cause they want alot of this to be a surprise

Since the highrise packs where added - Thats pretty much saying there will be, at-least to a extent.

Excellent mod, I check daily to see if its out yet. I have a question, since there will be weather is there going to be a thawing unit for frozen lines?