FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

For the siren, with trucks that may have Q's or anything close to that (Squad 18 has one if you put it in there), can we wind those up ourselves by just pressing a button or does it only work with Whelen, Pa300's, etc?

Will there be automatic alarms? Like (not sure if real) if a smoke detector goes off, all you would get is unknown fire. If so, would there be false alarms, and a panel to reset the system? (I believe this is in the winterberg mod)

For the siren, with trucks that may have Q's or anything close to that (Squad 18 has one if you put it in there), can we wind those up ourselves by just pressing a button or does it only work with Whelen, Pa300's, etc?

I imagine we can, all they have to do is take their existing scripts and put the Q sound in.

I imagine we can, all they have to do is take their existing scripts and put the Q sound in.

No, it's not that simple if you want a dynamic wind-up sound which winds up when you press the button. That isn't possible unless EM4 has a pitch parameter for its sounds.

No, it's not that simple if you want a dynamic wind-up sound which winds up when you press the button. That isn't possible unless EM4 has a pitch parameter for its sounds.

I didn't think about that, it probably doesn't cause if you notice, the Q siren just cuts out in the LA mod.

Wow, you dudes must play a totally different style than I do. I would never have time to wind the Q up! I am waaay too busy dispatching my units and tying up loose ends from the other incidents to ever use the Q manually. I am glad that we will be dealing with only one incident at a time. Today I had an arsonist that my cops couldn't capture, an exploded gas pipe, and then was hit with an earthquake. It was insane! And not really too much fun. Granted, I was playing on hard, but you guys get the idea......

I am hoping for a little more sanity with this mod. It seems like we will be getting inside buildings more, and they have said that the map will be smaller, but I am wondering how I am gonna manage all the firefighters and equipment in this game. In the LA Mod there are no hydrants to hook up to, you hit rapid deploy and instant water. Nobody gets tired, nobody runs out of air, and for the most part, nobody is inside a building. A 10-75 will get me roughly 54 people (4 Engines, 3 trucks, 1 Rescue Co, 1 Squad Co., 2 Battallion Chiefs). That is a lot of people for one person to have to manage. I am very interested to see how they pull this off. As for the sirens? I'd be happy with automatic, like we have now.

I'm looking forward to playing this mod. I'm hoping that that will be sooner rather than later.......

Wow, you dudes must play a totally different style than I do. I would never have time to wind the Q up! I am waaay too busy dispatching my units and tying up loose ends from the other incidents to ever use the Q manually. I am glad that we will be dealing with only one incident at a time. Today I had an arsonist that my cops couldn't capture, an exploded gas pipe, and then was hit with an earthquake. It was insane! And not really too much fun. Granted, I was playing on hard, but you guys get the idea......

I am hoping for a little more sanity with this mod. It seems like we will be getting inside buildings more, and they have said that the map will be smaller, but I am wondering how I am gonna manage all the firefighters and equipment in this game. In the LA Mod there are no hydrants to hook up to, you hit rapid deploy and instant water. Nobody gets tired, nobody runs out of air, and for the most part, nobody is inside a building. A 10-75 will get me roughly 54 people (4 Engines, 3 trucks, 1 Rescue Co, 1 Squad Co., 2 Battallion Chiefs). That is a lot of people for one person to have to manage. I am very interested to see how they pull this off. As for the sirens? I'd be happy with automatic, like we have now.

I'm looking forward to playing this mod. I'm hoping that that will be sooner rather than later.......

Haha :), good one! I agree with you, sometimes the game can be overwhelming, the best is when around fires, cars catch fires and blow away a whole traffic jam :).

I am interested in the people management as well. As far as I know, that's why they dispatch a BC for every alarm (plus extra for higher alarms), so that one cheif doesn't have to coordinate large amount of people, only that I will not plug in another mouse and keyboard for my friends in case of a 2nd alarm :).

Probably they will change the dispatch system from 4-2 to (I don't know) 1-1, I think that would be gamewise more realistic.

Will see, still can't wait to play with it :).

You're only going to have one emergency at a time in this mod and the next one won't start until everything with the current emergency is finished up, so you'll have more time for role playing. What I'm wondering is how the EMS and PD calls will be extended, obviously the fire calls you'll have to vent the building, choose the hose lines, etc., but I can't think of anything for PD or EMS.

You're only going to have one emergency at a time in this mod and the next one won't start until everything with the current emergency is finished up, so you'll have more time for role playing. What I'm wondering is how the EMS and PD calls will be extended, obviously the fire calls you'll have to vent the building, choose the hose lines, etc., but I can't think of anything for PD or EMS.

Advanced medical stuff.. dressings, drug administration, oxygen supply etc. :P

I figured that out but how would you do that in EM4 where you're looking at everything from a god like position.

Commands, a panel at the bottom which shows you his state and all of that sort of thing?

have you played the RTS mod? it has in depth medical stuff after awhile it gets a little routine but you still get some exciting ones...but that proves you can have in depth medical stuff.....

And for PD they could add crime scene investigation as in the Berlin mod it doesn't extended it a ton but it give you a few more scenarios like homicides

yeah hey moon your not new or anything but it sounds like your giving suggestions and i dont think this topic says its open to suggestions

actually, we're discussing how they could expand the original game play for the mod.I.e. he's saying "they could add" rather than "You guys should"