FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

They have aesthetic differences (lights, general look of the cab, etc.), and this team has show time and time again that they are committed to realism, such as when they decided to put the segrave muauraders to the mod, and like I said, FFW Tut and the rest of the team can decide what they wanted to do, I was just sharing information.

A) The lights on both rigs are led rotators from Federal Signal, as has been discussed many times in this thread.

B) FFW Tut went to NYC, if I'm not mistaken, back when they first started the mod which was what, 3-4 years ago? Both the contracts for the Ferrara Ladders and Rescues are very recent, within the past year or two, and none of them have been delivered yet, they are still at the factory, so I don't know how FFW Tut could have talked to someone in NYC about them when they probably hadn't even put out the contract to bid yet.

Yeah there are some small differences but think about the resoltion em4 is at you'd have to look really hard to notice it and since there not even in the fleet yet who knows maybe this mod will be done before there delivered (i'm not trying to get a release date dont yell at me :) )

personally i think maybe if they do an update later the new rigs would be a good ideal but once again of course it's all up to them just throwing up my 2 cents since thatats why there is a forum haha

Yes there is an updater and yes... we update every little change in real with it. so, if a company which is in the mod gets a new rig e.g. new aerials, the old one gets replaced. i know from the contracts since they were made and i know those ladders a good while too... so that its long enough to get them done as a 3d model :P 2 Co's have them already in the mod, just waiting to get replaced in real (personally, i dont like the new ferrara's despite they tried to give them a m2 fitting look :P but have to see them in real to judge about them correctly).

last time i was in NY was in 2007, friends and relatives are working for the FDNY so spent there much time with them. one thing why i have plenty of knowledge about the trucks, tools, their usage, tactics, etc.

in addition, with due regard to the contacts i have, i'm on a fast source of whats going on in the department.

btw... just remembered at the moment, when i was there, R1's pierce was really new... just went into service 3 months before and now seeing it going to get replaced with a new one... time flies!

Yes there is an updater and yes... we update every little change in real with it. so, if a company which is in the mod gets a new rig e.g. new aerials, the old one gets replaced. i know from the contracts since they were made and i know those ladders a good while too... so that its long enough to get them done as a 3d model :P 2 Co's have them already in the mod, just waiting to get replaced in real (personally, i dont like the new ferrara's despite they tried to give them a m2 fitting look :P but have to see them in real to judge about them correctly).

last time i was in NY was in 2007, friends and relatives are working for the FDNY so spent there much time with them. one thing why i have plenty of knowledge about the trucks, tools, their usage, tactics, etc.

in addition, with due regard to the contacts i have, i'm on a fast source of whats going on in the department.

btw... just remembered at the moment, when i was there, R1's pierce was really new... just went into service 3 months before and now seeing it going to get replaced with a new one... time flies!

If it breaks the rules, warn me but here is my question. Would you be releasing the mod and then patching it with the new models or are you going to put the mod on hold while working on the new models?

If it breaks the rules, warn me but here is my question. Would you be releasing the mod and then patching it with the new models or are you going to put the mod on hold while working on the new models?

I would assume that they will either release a patch and/or a new version of the mod rather than try and add each new model to the first version of the mod, because then we'd never see a finished version of the mod.

I would assume that they will either release a patch and/or a new version of the mod rather than try and add each new model to the first version of the mod, because then we'd never see a finished version of the mod.

Exactly my point and reason for asking. The way he phrased it made me wonder so I asked and I just want a direct answer from them only please since they have the only real answer.

They have stated that ("were not going to make a mod most people cant play" that's very close to what was said I can't remember exact words though ) the mod will be able to run on a avarage computer so if your building a new one for specs reasons to playthe mod I'd advise not to

Hi Guys,

I am big fan of firefighting and EM4. This mod just looks great, keep up the good work. I have been following the topic for a couple of months, but have not registered, now I could not resist. :)

I know it is too early to say anything, but I think it would be cool to have a patch that flies us back to the 70s or sg. A Retro NY Mod. Nothing particular, just new skins (I am not an expert, but I guess it is not high volume of work). Or maybe the spare rig, that you have been talking about, can be sg. vintage.

Keep up the brillian work!

First Welcome :welcome: , I´m agree with you, 70s or 80s patch would be great, I would like to see a 80s caprice or a 70s Plymouth Fury. Anyway the mod itself looks great. Like I ask before (without answer), are you going to include helicopters?

Guest Francis

Im Interested in seeing a video on how to operate the siren/light video. also will their be a street view?

Street view? EM4 is a RTS game, I doubt it can be changed to a FPS-like game. (can't be done woth modifying Em4.cfg)