marko123

Hang Out Topic

There was a few topics ages ago about the new Police Interceptors that Ford are making to replace the old Crown Vics.

Couldn't find the topics (well, couldn't be bothered finding them), so I'll post these here.

Top Gear magazine did an article on the two new vehicles. Sorry for the poor quality.

Might be easier to save the image.

policeintercepterpage1_zpsd5e56fab.png

Policeintercepterpage2_zps869c984f.png

Time passes and things change. I remember being around when the last 1996 Caprices were being phased out and Ford became the dominant police car supplier. You couldn't find any Crown Vic supporters. Then Chevy brought in the 2000 Impala and people thought the Crown Vic wasn't so bad after all. And then Chevy brought in the 2005 Impala and people thought the 2000 Impala wasn't so bad after all. And I won't even go into the discussions I've had about the 2006 Charger when it was introduced - and how a 4-door sedan was unworthy of being called a sedan and should have been called the Diplomat or the Polara or any other old Dodge name.

I just thought of this in the uk we dont really have an iconic police unit then americans and canadains you guys must be more sentemental (think thats how you spell it) lol

We have the Volvo V70 in the MPS and Astras, as well as Ford Focus. Even the Land Rover is common. Vauxhall Vivaro is a common van. I get ya point though, we have a pretty random selection.

the astras i think are kinda iconic for us along with battenburg on our vehicles but then thats the met phasing out their jam sadwich so and scotlands ambulance/fire & rescue/police are now going to be a national force which is good and bad so yea big changes in our services :P