marko123

Hang Out Topic

SO SAD! My brother's 3rd grade teacher's mom just died, but it was coming. She lived another 2 years than expected. :1046276372_bawling:

It is sad but as you said it was coming. These two years were probably really really hard. I can't even imagine the feeling of waking up and saying "So this wasn't my day" and then expecting to die every day. Such a terrible thing...

My ex-friend's brother was caught smoking in highschool. He's a bad boy! :angry:

HAHAHA! I really doubt he was as bad as me in junior high. Man have I got stories...

Also I'm not trying to be the insensitive dick here, just trying to take people away from the topic of death.

Was walking round town this evening with a friend when two foreign women stopped us to ask where there was a bed and breakfast and if there car was ok where it was parked. My friend told them about one near the football stadium and I said the car should be fine cause there were no yellow lines.

When they left, I reminded my friend he had just sent the two women to a location 10-15 minutes away. He then pointed out the ticket machine which I failed to see...

...oops.

My ex-friend's brother was caught smoking in highschool. He's a bad boy! :angry:

two 14 year olds were caught with their pants down during lunchtime under stairs last year (not quite sure why since everyone can see you because fire exits are located at each stair well).

Was walking round town this evening with a friend when two foreign women stopped us to ask where there was a bed and breakfast and if there car was ok where it was parked. My friend told them about one near the football stadium and I said the car should be fine cause there were no yellow lines.

When they left, I reminded my friend he had just sent the two women to a location 10-15 minutes away. He then pointed out the ticket machine which I failed to see...

...oops.

two 14 year olds were caught with their pants down during lunchtime under stairs last year (not quite sure why since everyone can see you because fire exits are located at each stair well).

so wait 2 boys 2 girls or both lol

College starts tomorrow. Yay.

Going to visit an auction house afterwards. Yay. Never been to one before. The stuff on the site looks kinda boring, however, there's a box of "vintage toys". Looking at the image, it appears to be all toy cars. There's construction vehicle, a number of lorries, possibly a Ford Anglia, racing cars and bikes and what could possibly be an ambulance or fire engine. Dunno how big the bid on them will be, since they're quite battered and scratched - but they are old looking. I'm really hoping to get a successful bid on it.

Just wondering, do auction houses usually charge an entrance fee??

2nd edit: how do auctions actually work? If you sucessfully bid on an item, do you immediatly collect it? Or wait till the end?

My dad's birthday today. :)

Weather here finally changed yesterday. It rained ( there was a rainbow!! I hadn't seen one for years) and up to now it is cooler. :)

School starts on the 13th of September because the 11th is going to be Saturday. Last year it started on the 11th but it was Friday and so we had a weekend break before we had even started :P

I've been listening to this song since yesterday morning :P

I just did a stupid manoeuvre today that nearly resulted in a head on collision with a bus :(

Was at a small roundabout and the bus opposite me was wanting to turn right. I thought I had right of way since there was another junction to my right (which was empty*), so I went at the same time as the bus. The bus stopped. Anyway, my friend told me that the junction to my right was blocked off, so the bus had right of way (I certain you can still drive down the road, but neither of us actually know if it's still a usable turning or not). Surprisingly scary.

*In the UK, similar rules to a cross road apply for mini-roundabouts. However, like all roundabouts, you have to give way to traffic to the right.

edit: Google streetview says I had right of way, still wouldn't want to be in such a situation again though.

My dad's birthday today.

Happy birthday to your dad. Hope he has a good day. :)

@ Nick, happy late birthday.

Thank you very much :D

Signed up in my new school today. It looks kinda good. :)

I also went to the English School and got the headmistress congrats about having the highest ranking ( 86/100) in the FCE exams. :) I'm going to continue to the next level which is the CPE. I'm in love with almost everything related to Britain and thanks to you guys for helping me practise in a daily basis. :D