Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to International Emergency & 911: First Responders Fan Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Stan

Maintenance update   02/07/2016

Dear community,   After three weeks of issues we moved our site to a new dedicated root server. We fixed a lot of bugs with this release. All downloads up to 1Gb filesize should be downloadable for everyone.   Encountering any kind of issues? Make a post in the website/forum support.   Regards, Stan
    • Stan

Paid Referral Links   02/11/2016

Hello,     From now on we will be disallowing any referral links on our site. This is not the place to earn money directly or indirectly. Anyone found sharing paid shortened links or referral links to earn money might lose his account.     Reason for this:     We are providing this service free of charge, putting our own free time in this and paying monthly fees on our own costs to keep this free service running. So why should anyone else make money from something they don’t pay to use?     So in short from now on we will be warning and banning users abusing or misusing referal links.     Regards,     Stan          
    • randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
itchboy

[TUTORIAL]Modelling a Vehicle From Scratch [INCOMPLETE - WIP] [UPDATE 1]

13 posts in this topic

This is tutorial assumes that you already know the basics of Zmodeler. These are the steps I take to model a vehicle from scratch. Incomplete so far while I model this vehicle.

You need a picture of the vehicle from the side, google is your friend. Add the image using the display button. You can add an image on any view, but in our case, do it for the left or right side, depending on the orientation of the image you are using.

qhvIwqZ.png

Make a surface and that becomes a start for the vehicle.

xlDfefu.png

tZJ8sie.png

ocAfQWC.png

dTf4rAB.png

fBY1ES3.png

pyWlMqO.png

2SEWUrD.png

XQR6Wop.png

Once the model is extruded, you should end up with something that captures most of the details. You may have to make adjustments to the mesh of the model before you are able to get all the details in. Also you may need to add entire rows/columns of polygons just to accomodate some details that you may have missed in the original modelling process. Try to keep the shape smooth for the most part, except for any indents on the actual bodywork. Shading also helps bring out some dimension to it, so definitely needed for getting it right.

I haven't finished this example yet due to lack of time and will be posting a newer, more complete version soon. This temporary example still doesnt have a rear and front bumper, and lacks the door trim.

gy4snXK.png

Update April 30, 2016

Added extruded example.

This is a big gift for the whole community. Thank you. This is really really good to learn with.

On 12/15/2016 at 6:45 PM, Nirvan Jonathan Baksh said:

but how to open the photo true zmodeler

gotta be more specific

49 minutes ago, Connor Brumleve said:

gotta be more specific

I added the blueprint procedure into the tutorial.

2 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I added the blueprint procedure into the tutorial.

my bad i was talking to nirvan. i honestly didnt get at all what he was asking.

Had to ask as well, his concern was apparently how to make the blueprint show up in Zmod. Its actually mentioned in Zmod's own built in help file, but I felt it would be useful including it here too.

1 minute ago, itchboy said:

Had to ask as well, his concern was apparently how to make the blueprint show up in Zmod. Its actually mentioned in Zmod's own built in help file, but I felt it would be useful including it here too.

ah okay,

focus on school studying kid,these modding are for teenagers and who is over the age of 18,in order to mod you need to know Geometry ,angle related topics ,and the shapes,so focus on School.Modding will help you get to no where now.So leave these stuff from now.

To be fair, I first started modding when I was 12 so age really doesnt matter tbh. What matters is the maturity and how you are able to say, manage your time, be respecful and humble about it, and know where you need to put the work in.

Modelling isnt an age exclusive thing, it just requires a good sense of space and form which can be learned. It isnt a 100% thing though, some people doing modelling can get the shape perfectly, others like myself, not so much.