bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Is there any way to make the ambulances have more than one back board on them? In my experience most ambulances have at least 2 and most fire trucks carry one or two.

This is a limitation of the script I made. It only allows for one spineboard. Adding more than one would take time. I will probably add more than one in later versions of the mod. As for firetrucks, they can be put in easilly, but as I said, this is reserved to be done in the future.

Fixing bugs is more important right now than adding functionality.

So I have begun rewriting the call vehicle scripts so that they don't run on a constant check anymore. This should end the lag that happens every second.

I have an idea that could be interesting. Make it so that units are finite. Meaning each vehicle costs money and takes time to arrive. Basically replacing the normal vehicle send menu with the commands of the battalion chief and the dispatchers on the map.

What do the people think?

I think we never got around to discussing the call script methods I use. ;)

Hello I am just wondering if there is already any patch because I have CTD when I send ambos to the hospital, but I will wait even 15 gameplay it is awesome I love it!! thanks guys

hey don't think a patch is out yet and ermmm a little to much info bud haha

Gunswat

Hello I am just wondering if there is already any patch because I have CTD when I send ambos to the hospital, but I will wait even 15 gameplay it is awesome I love it!! thanks guys

We are working hard to fix any bugs that players have, especially CTD's which end up killing the fun you are having.

hey don't think a patch is out yet and ermmm a little to much info bud haha

Gunswat

You know just wanted to show how I love it! :D

I think its great that you're getting sexually aroused by our mod. Shows how good it is.

We are working hard to fix any bugs that players have, especially CTD's which end up killing the fun you are having.

Okay thanks don't worry if it crashes I open it again, it is worth, thanks for the info I will be patient as I can be, can't wait to see it fully done with all units :)

So looks like the entire traffic system needs a complete overhaul... LOL its funny.....if you remove a car that is causing trouble with the traffic and then remove another one the glitch with the none moving non tow able vehicles glitch passes from car to car. Removed the taxi...it passed onto a red honda...remove the red honda it passes onto a green ford f250. LOL

EDIT: Any chance we could get volunteers to respond to the scene and be able to pull gear from the their trucks? Sorry that is how I do it.

So looks like the entire traffic system needs a complete overhaul... LOL its funny.....if you remove a car that is causing trouble with the traffic and then remove another one the glitch with the none moving non tow able vehicles glitch passes from car to car. Removed the taxi...it passed onto a red honda...remove the red honda it passes onto a green ford f250. LOL

EDIT: Any chance we could get volunteers to respond to the scene and be able to pull gear from the their trucks? Sorry that is how I do it.

Is it on the infamous car shop intersection? Or is it at the main street intersection with the donut shop?

Is it on the infamous car shop intersection? Or is it at the main street intersection with the donut shop?

Yeah I noticed another spot where the green F350 just stopped.  It was the same street as the taxi bug I think, but it was going in the opposite direction.  I remember this was said before and that the cars just need assigned paths so hopefully that will all be fixed.  Only other bugs for me have already been mentioned, so I'm just gonna say that I'm loving the mod so far and I was able to play for quite awhile yesterday until gridlocked traffic forced me to stop.

One other thing though, the entire mod just seems very laggy.  I doubt it's my computer because I was able to run the NYC mods smoother than this.  I know that you said something about the scripts causing lag, but I just wanted to mention this.  :holdglass:

So I have begun rewriting the call vehicle scripts so that they don't run on a constant check anymore. This should end the lag that happens every second.

I have an idea that could be interesting. Make it so that units are finite. Meaning each vehicle costs money and takes time to arrive. Basically replacing the normal vehicle send menu with the commands of the battalion chief and the dispatchers on the map.

What do the people think?

That would be awesome. Great idea.

Itchboy- I just was looking at the volunteer script in the scripts folder. Holy cow. I know that I could never do that! 

As always, Thank you to all who have contributed to this great project.

One other thing though, the entire mod just seems very laggy.  I doubt it's my computer because I was able to run the NYC mods smoother than this.  I know that you said something about the scripts causing lag, but I just wanted to mention this.  :holdglass:

The game checks scripts very often with this mod. Causes lots of lag for some people. Itchboy said he's working on reducing the lag. 

All traffic issues have been fixed for the upcoming patch. And yes, we're going to implement control over POVs eventually, doubt it will be in this immediate patch though.

Did anyone else had that problem with the tow truck that just get stuck on the top of the map? if so, can i slove this problem some how?

Was that when calling it via the CallTowTruck command, or from the unit menu?

Depends for which vehicles. I did the rotary lights on the ATF cruiser, Flnn did them for the MPPD cruiser and some fire trucks. 

The lights on the Monida Pass Crown Vic are amazing! 

Nice job, fun playing it. Besides the bugs everyone else mentioned, the new mini-map picture and the keys.xml so you can use AWSD keys to move around. Both quick fixes.

Edit: Also, it seems like when you put a guy up on the ladder, he sprays water, but is missing the spay command so I can't turn him to spray what I want.

How did you fix the mini map? It confuses me with the LA one. 

The lights on the Monida Pass Crown Vic are amazing! 

How did you fix the mini map? It confuses me with the LA one. 

22. Creating the radar map
The following is required:
- Screenshot from the Editor
- Image processing program
The screenshots are prepared as follows:
1. Start Editor
2. Load Map
3. Hide/Show (left bottom):
• Set everything as “Hide” (except F1, F4 and Ceilings)
• Switch off the lights (bottom centre) using “Lights Off”
4. “Shift” + “Enter” (to set the time as 12 hrs)
5. Edit -> “Map Properties” -> Light Texture: Set “Timegradient.tga”, set the
“Object Shadow Intensity” as 20 and the “Terrain Shadow Intensity” as 40.
Click on OK.
6. Open the console (F10 function key), enter “set r_clipfar 99999” and
confirm with the Enter key. Close the console again using F10.
7. Press “Pause” to reach the Freeflycam-mode and to bring the camera into
correct position (far beyond the Map)
8. Prepare the screenshot (using the Print key)
9. Insert the screenshot in the image processing program
10. In the Editor, exit the Freefly-mode again using “Pause”
11. Open the console (F10 function key), enter “set r_clipfar 32000” and
confirm with the Enter key. Close the console again using F10.
In the image processing program:
The screenshot must first be adjusted perspectively from the top exactly as per the
boundaries of the floor texture. This is normally done using a “Free transformation”
function. The brightness/contrast of the screenshot must also be increased to +20
/+20 (these values must be adjusted slightly if necessary). The “Saturation” must
then be set as –60. The result should more or less appear as follows:
Emergency 4 – editor manual
page 44 of 45
The texture should be scaled down maximum by dimensions of either 210 Pixel in
width or 150 Pixel in height (proportions must be adhered to in this case). The
“Sharpness” filter is then applied. The working area of the image (with black 0/0/0 as
the background colour) must then be set as 210 x 150 with the anchor at the centre.
Black horizontal or vertical stripes emerge at the margins. The working area of the
image should now be increased again to 256 x 256 Pixel with the anchor at the top
left side.
The result thus appears as follows:
The image is now saved in the DXT1 DDS-format (without Alpha/ without MIPmaps)
and is filed in the directory of the relevant E4M-file. The file name should be the same
as the map name.

-EM4 editor manuel, page 44

I love this mod, this is probably the best mod I've played.  Is it possible to add more fire hydrants?  I think at least one should be placed out of every business and a couple for the residential areas, then some spaced out along the rural areas, just like in real life.  This will also give the firemen more areas to fill-up their tanks on their trucks.  Keep up the great work, this mod is great.

I love this mod, this is probably the best mod I've played. Is it possible to add more fire hydrants? I think at least one should be placed out of every business and a couple for the residential areas, then some spaced out along the rural areas, just like in real life. This will also give the firemen more areas to fill-up their tanks on their trucks. Keep up the great work, this mod is great.

In real life in a raual area there aren't a fire hydrant outside of every business( even in a big city ), defently not just randomly on the road, and in some places there are no hydrants at all, so I think for a community like this there are just enough hydrants and if you having trouble with water there are two things u can do 1: if thirds a big fire buy 3 or 4 tankers and run them back and forth or 2: edit the water supply script and have the engines/ tankers carry more water! BUT IN ALL I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD AGREE THAT MORE HYDRANTS aren't NEEDED! P.s. sorry for caps not meant

do you guys know why my game keeps crashing after 8 to 10 mins

In your "Montana Mod 2.0" folder that you downloaded, open the Bug Report Form, fill it out in Microsoft Word, save it somewhere. Open up your email and attach the edited Bug Report Form along with your logfile (in your game directory where you save mods).