bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

A very minor bug but it seems i am only getting two of the MVA's on the map ccar4 and 5 after playing well over five hours 

This is something that can't be fixed. EM4 has an issue where it only loads 2 or 3 of the same car accidents in order to preserve memory. Its a harcoded bug that affects many mods that I play personally. Maybe people with super awesome computers don't experience this.

And I have possibly found the callpatrolcar bug for everyone experiencing it. It is caused by the MHP patrol car being spawned out of the virtual object that is set for it.

All traffic issues have been fixed for the upcoming patch. And yes, we're going to implement control over POVs eventually, doubt it will be in this immediate patch though.

Was that when calling it via the CallTowTruck command, or from the unit menu?

from the CallTowTruck command on the police officer

I love this mod, this is probably the best mod I've played.  Is it possible to add more fire hydrants?  I think at least one should be placed out of every business and a couple for the residential areas, then some spaced out along the rural areas, just like in real life.  This will also give the firemen more areas to fill-up their tanks on their trucks.  Keep up the great work, this mod is great.

You need to start hose running

Is there any chance of maybe, in future versions, being able to draft out of the river or a pond? It would be cool to be able to have a tanker draft out of the water and maybe fill one of the portable ponds which other tankers could use to draft out of.

Great work guys

Very interesting. Do you mean pump water out of a pond or river? That would be so cool and very useful since the map has a river running through it.

I don't know if this is even possible in EM4, but I'm sure I can, or the scripting gods like Hoppah can figure this one out.

I would think you'd just need to steal the hydrant script and insert it into the pond object..

Not quite. One would have to figure out a dozen other things such as location of the hose, the point a FF needs to go to so he can insert the hose into the water.

If another mod has this, I could 'borrow' the concept and rewrite it under different methods. We'll see.

What about "sinking" a hydrant near the edge if the pond and they simply ho up to it with the hose as normal?

Sinking it would prevent the player from being able to select it. Maybe via rapid deployment, but that command might be removed in later versions of the mod since I have managed to slow down the fires by around 60%.

Perhaps setting a separate piece of code for it that isn't tied to rapid deployment or attachfirehose? Maybe setting it up so that the FF goes to the shore, then the game attaches the hose into the water? I'm not even sure if the game engine will let me do that. Can any scripting gods help me?

I have managed to slow down the fires by around 60%.

Excellent news. I'd really love to have the time to manage calls without worrying about the fire spreading onto 4 other buildings in the first few minutes. I have really enjoyed your mod so far. Excellent work to you and the others who have created this mod. 

I did a quick search but didn't find anything -- Having an issue where the map just keeps scrolling and scrolling and i cant do anything to stop it. Anyone else?

I think it's not mod's issue. I experience it sometimes as well. Always helps to end the game and start it again. 

22. Creating the radar map
The following is required:
- Screenshot from the Editor
- Image processing program
The screenshots are prepared as follows:
1. Start Editor
2. Load Map
3. Hide/Show (left bottom):
• Set everything as “Hide” (except F1, F4 and Ceilings)
• Switch off the lights (bottom centre) using “Lights Off”
4. “Shift” + “Enter” (to set the time as 12 hrs)
5. Edit -> “Map Properties” -> Light Texture: Set “Timegradient.tga”, set the
“Object Shadow Intensity” as 20 and the “Terrain Shadow Intensity” as 40.
Click on OK.
6. Open the console (F10 function key), enter “set r_clipfar 99999” and
confirm with the Enter key. Close the console again using F10.
7. Press “Pause” to reach the Freeflycam-mode and to bring the camera into
correct position (far beyond the Map)
8. Prepare the screenshot (using the Print key)
9. Insert the screenshot in the image processing program
10. In the Editor, exit the Freefly-mode again using “Pause”
11. Open the console (F10 function key), enter “set r_clipfar 32000” and
confirm with the Enter key. Close the console again using F10.

Wow thank you! 

I did a quick search but didn't find anything -- Having an issue where the map just keeps scrolling and scrolling and i cant do anything to stop it. Anyone else?

I think it's not mod's issue. I experience it sometimes as well. Always helps to end the game and start it again. 

It happens to me when I tab out while the cursor is moving the view (cursor on the edges of the screen). It's a game issue, not a mod issue; as Bugi007 suggested

Funny bug happened to me. I got report of man with a gun. He was basically shooting on a vehicle. I estabilished the perimeter and called for backup. I didn't want to shoot him since he was an active shooter. So I took MHP officer with a taser and tased. Suspect suddenly died lol. Any idea why? I have to admit that I was pretty close to him. 

k482ep.jpg

Funny bug happened to me. I got report of man with a gun. He was basically shooting on a vehicle. I estabilished the perimeter and called for backup. I didn't want to shoot him since he was an active shooter. So I took MHP officer with a taser and tased. Suspect suddenly died lol. Any idea why? I have to admit that I was pretty close to him. 

k482ep.jpg

happed to me too, funny isn't it? (gotta be fixed)

Perhaps he had a heart condition lol

Can't wait for the patch, game is pretty unplayable for me at the moment with all the bugs but looks amazing, i really really like the slower paced game with the volunteer firefighters.

Thank you for this mod, makes me enjoy the game again and itchboy your models are great, best iv seen in a very long time on the forums, thanks for being part of the community. 

happed to me too, funny isn't it? (gotta be fixed)

Yeah funny but it gives some realism to the game. Some individuals die during the taser usage. But I pretty laughed my head off. I didn't want to shoot him so instead of it I tased him and he died. If I shot him, he would be alive lol. 

Perhaps he had a heart condition lol

Can't wait for the patch, game is pretty unplayable for me at the moment with all the bugs but looks amazing, i really really like the slower paced game with the volunteer firefighters.

Thank you for this mod, makes me enjoy the game again and itchboy your models are great, best iv seen in a very long time on the forums, thanks for being part of the community. 

LOL, yeah. His heart was weak. 

Also pretty unplayable to me. My bad CPU + that script control system makes my game extremely laggy. However, I love the models and the map.