Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Nice!

Is the lightbar availble for downlaod(it's soo cool!) ?

Looking forward to light-preview

It's custom, so nope not available haha, :D

Nice looking ambulance. Who will be doing the lights?

CFD already has, uploading a light preview atm

Does anyone know the exact model and series of that light bar on the ambulance? I've been trying to find out and can't find any info on it. :nixweiss:

I believe it is the Whelen Edge.

I've been meaning to downloads this and try it out, but being the lazy person I am, I only downloaded it this morning. When I played it, it was great! Just a few minor bugs I noticed (they've already been acknowledged though). My favorite vehicles are the FDNY Ambulance (With the LED bar), and the light and Medium ESU. Great work Dyson and whoever else is on the team!

It's the whelen freedom lightbar, (or thats what i based it on)

And thanks, just trying to renovate the submod to keep it fresh and highly detailed to still be able to 'compete' (although its not a competition but y'know what I mean) with all these other great mods :)

Dyson

x

edit:

Heloo everybody, Im new here...

Dyson,you and your team did great job, submod is fantastic...

Small bugs but we can play with it...

I have R1 and hazmat problem and if someone know how to repair that please pm me...

And Dyson, what you think about

Submod will be much better with some new vehicle but i didn't hear about Tower ladder...

Happy new year to all of you,

Cheers

Heloo everybody, Im new here...

Dyson,you and your team did great job, submod is fantastic...

Small bugs but we can play with it...

I have R1 and hazmat problem and if someone know how to repair that please pm me...

And Dyson, what you think about

Submod will be much better with some new vehicle but i didn't hear about Tower ladder...

Happy new year to all of you,

Cheers

Yeah a tower ladder has been on the cards for some time :P

I've been using the w00d map, small issue though, edited it to be more like NY adding FH etc, but my issue is: I havent got any events when I test the map in game? Anyone any idea why? I used to use this map when playing LA mod, and it ran fine.

Dyson

x

I've been using the w00d map, small issue though, edited it to be more like NY adding FH etc, but my issue is: I havent got any events when I test the map in game? Anyone any idea why? I used to use this map when playing LA mod, and it ran fine.

Dyson

x

Are you already beta testing the next version? I havent receive any email...

I also have an engine that will not return to the station,It seems like the only engine that the FFs runaway is the one that is part of station 2.

Something I find annoying is the rain while it snows...sometime the lighting flashes everything stays bright white,white sheets over the dead while on the snow makes it almost impossible to see them can we make them yellow,or black?

Dyson

x

Which one? The first or second? The second one there was a bug, a gangster near the train station, delete him and events hsould start sooner, but even then events should start sooner or latter.

Which one? The first or second? The second one there was a bug, a gangster near the train station, delete him and events hsould start sooner, but even then events should start sooner or latter.

I'll check it out nice one Xplorer, you still up for taking a look at the next version like we were saying? :)

Sure, any time. Just drop me a link in a pm and Im happy to take a look at it. Anxious actually. I have been waiting for something more stable before loading it up. ;)

think I may be there now :D anyway will do ;) infact you got email I'll add you to the beta mailing list if you want? If so PM me your address :)

still no luck on the events, but yeah that is the right map you mentioned :)

think I may be there now :D anyway will do ;) infact you got email I'll add you to the beta mailing list if you want? If so PM me your address :)

still no luck on the events, but yeah that is the right map you mentioned :)

I will past on the mailing list, just because I still have things to work out on my project, but dont mind helping out when needed. ;)

As for the map, how long are you waiting? I tested that map out briefly the other day and I have events start for me, they just took a bit longer then normal.I think the the things in the freeplay_params file is slightly affected by variables in the map. So for example, on Hoppahs map, lets assume all spawn points are set to go off at 1.6 intervals, but on w00ds map it is 1.0 intervals. Then we adjust the traffic functions in the freeplay_params, no matter what number we put here, it would lower traffic, but it would lower traffic by different amounts on each map. Same goes for events put on the map.

You also might want to consider using the mod installer to make this easy to install. I now it would increase the download size, as my submod is about 200 MB as is, the mod installer barley compresses it, and a rar of the directory cuts it down by about 100 MB. You could always do both a mod installer for n00bs and a rar/zip file for advanced users.

I will past on the mailing list, just because I still have things to work out on my project, but dont mind helping out when needed. ;)

As for the map, how long are you waiting? I tested that map out briefly the other day and I have events start for me, they just took a bit longer then normal.I think the the things in the freeplay_params file is slightly affected by variables in the map. So for example, on Hoppahs map, lets assume all spawn points are set to go off at 1.6 intervals, but on w00ds map it is 1.0 intervals. Then we adjust the traffic functions in the freeplay_params, no matter what number we put here, it would lower traffic, but it would lower traffic by different amounts on each map. Same goes for events put on the map.

You also might want to consider using the mod installer to make this easy to install. I now it would increase the download size, as my submod is about 200 MB as is, the mod installer barley compresses it, and a rar of the directory cuts it down by about 100 MB. You could always do both a mod installer for n00bs and a rar/zip file for advanced users.

haha well its night and still no events :( and well I had an installer but people had as many issues with that as with copy and paste, so flagwave.gif

Use the mod installer for the game to create an e4mof file. The compressions sucks but it quick and simple. Nothing for people to configure. Just double click, wait and a minute later you get a pop up saying the mod is installed. So far I think I have only experienced one person who could not get the mod installer working. There might have been a few people but only one sticks out in my mind. When Hoppah only let me released the changed files, I had to go through the same problem. Switched to e4mod format after he let me/everyone release submods with the all the LA mod files included, and it has been much less of a headache. ;)

Oh and I will send you my files for just w00ds map v2 later on. I started to add a few tweaks to it but nothing major. Just extra VOs at the fire stations and renamed the fire station VOs.

Found a few more bugs.

Ambulance gets to confused when heading to an incident. If traffic is backed up it will attempt to get on the side walk and rock back and forth and not go anywhere even when traffic clears. Sometimes getting stuck unless you physically remove each person if it gets stuck around people.

Also people get stuck in road way. I played for 20 minutes and it got so un playable with people standing in roadway not moving for vehicles or emergency vehicles and causing huge traffic jams. Also to many people being bunched up on side of the road when a car would make a right turn it would block a car from turning. Would have to send a ff or police officer to move them. Finally got tired of it and just shot the people.

Finally got tired of it and just shot the people.

Dang you're violent! haha, no I did that to everyone at the UN riot scene. Just got tired of all those people throwing molotov cocktails at my guys so I popped em haha. I've played this submod every day since I got it and never get tired. To slow down traffic, you have to adjust it in the editor. Also, conroy, I really liked the video. Reminded me of the Bronx Burning type of thing.