Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Nothing says that you can't make another mod later if anyone is interested.......

Then why don;t you do it if you want it THAT bad. Have a little appreciation. They have put alot of work in to this mod, and nothing says the have to make another one either.

Not to mention, it would be time consuming adding new events. Even if they added it to there existing map they would still have to take the time to add alot of events!

Then why don;t you do it if you want it THAT bad. Have a little appreciation. They have put alot of work in to this mod, and nothing says the have to make another one either.

Not to mention, it would be time consuming adding new events. Even if they added it to there existing map they would still have to take the time to add alot of events!

Don't think I don't appreciate the work you guys do, I'm just giving encouragement to others to learn to do mods and just maybe you guys might find someone with talent. I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I my self have trouble understanding some of the things you got to do in order to make skins. You 4x4 are doing a great job yourself and YSB happen to come around to lend a hand and. That's commitment that I appreciate that. Dyson is another one that is doing a great job. I myself maybe going out of driving business due to my Illness, so I have a lot of time on my hands. So Please don't miss understand me as I am gunning for you guys. Thumbs up........ :12:

Just to let you know, I have only been playing 4x4 with YSB's Mod and waiting for the NY Mod. I did change a skin with the NY skins for me to learn on. :krank:

I think what he meant is it is just to big to be on a map if it was designed to be anything like the real thing

Yes, this. JFK is designed as a multi-terminal airport with 3 main runways they all connect to. Its one of the largest international airports in the country- but honestly not a whole lot going on that would be of amusement in EM4. Fires are extremely rare, the security is so intense that crimes not a real issue.

What would be more appropriate would be one of NYC's several heleports or a seaplane center. If you really want to be hell-bent on making an airport then Laguardia is just across the water from manhatten in uptown queens. JFK is on the far outskirts though and really wouldn't make a lot of sense to include in the mod.

Guest Tricksta005

Great job Dyson! A few bugs, when I had it installed a couple weeks ago, the pictures for the police units(Specifically the NYPD Units)were messed up. Also, there were I think 2 or 3 units(from the submod) were messed up model wise.

Hold on, CFD (the light guy lol) is part of the Chicago Fire Department and he was there? Is that what you're saying? My heart really does go out to those two lost brothers and everyone else who was there and injured.

Agreed, but we have to stay on topic or the topic will be stripped down again, anyway I bring news, over here it's Christmas Eve already, so I plan to upload the public beta whilst enjoying some festivities :) so expect the new version later today hopefully :).

NOTICE:

There are no major bugs, but there are a few minor ones, which all can be avoided if you stick to a few simple rules :)

1. Due to the fact that I have made the large fire station into a small one, there are still scripts which allow units to return to FS even though there is no room, so simply:

If you spawn a unit from OFF MAP only send it to HQ and not to the HOSPITAL or FS. :)

2. Another, I am WIP on adding some homicides for you to investigate, this has left a deceased person on the map by accident, it's up to you to either ignore him, or go to town setting up crime scenes etc :).

3. Body bag- A lot of people pointed this out, and it's just daft on my behalf, the body bag is white so sometimes invisible on the snow, so just be careful (I haven't had time to address it yet)

4. Crime scene tape - The crime scene tape works just like the barrier (it replaces it infact) however, it only appears once you have placed it unlike the barrier ;)

5. This is irritating even to me, but even after much trials etc Rescue 1 and Hazmat are stuck inside the FS, I have no idea why, but Xplorer reported similar issues so it may be some sort of issue with LA mod or something, but I will look into it, so just spawn any Hazmat/Rescue from out of game (however ESU now acts as a USAR having most equipment and heal ability)

6. A small issue with spawns, due to the new FS the personnel spawn in the FS1 and run to the other :( I need to sort it but for now just a heads up) so don't be alarmed to see paramedics sprinting across the map :P

7. The controls for FS1 (near the docks) also controls FS3 (the new one) e.g the roof command would remove the roofs from both :P

I think you'll agree that from the last release the game is far more stable, and hopefully these small issues won't ruin your gameplay. And after all it is only a beta :)

Hope your all still looking forward to it

Merry Crimbo!

Dyosn

x