Guest Rexon59

Call 9.1.1 ! + Short translation of the swiss video

Well I figured Swiss would be good enough, someone would figure out what I meant XD

I figured it was french, had the ring to it, but it's Swiss French, and I don't care what anyone says, each place has their own distinct version of their language that adds a certain ring to it... After all "Newfie English" (AKA Newfinese) is much different from English used in say New York. Essentially it's still the same language, but there are words and phrases used that no one else would understand.. You might notice that in my posts sometimes :P

Either way, my french isn't perfect and I don't think I'd be able to figure it out very well, I'd much rather be lazy and read it :)

I figured it was french, had the ring to it, but it's Swiss French, and I don't care what anyone says, each place has their own distinct version of their language that adds a certain ring to it...

Either way, my french isn't perfect and I don't think I'd be able to figure it out very well, I'd much rather be lazy and read it :)

"but you're canadun and all canaduns spek Franch." Derp

Ever been to the French - German border? Don't, because they speak both languages together. It's so confusing :P

I once tried to translate it, but didn't get very far. It's rather hard IMO. All I know is that there's a bit about calling 118 incase you flip, and write 118 in your underwear...

It was made by Swiss emergency services because people always called them for everything.

(just expanding on this) The directory service number was changed in switzerland to a number close to 118 - for the fire brigade. The Swiss government did little to advertise the change. To make matters worse, the French directory service is 118. The fire service were receiving an average of 20 calls a day asking for non fire related things, and the fire service was worried this would cause deaths.

Guest Rexon59

Ok i will try a little translation (not all the song but just for you , a little part) :

Starting :

*BIIIIP* Fire emergency ...

Hello ! There is a fire at home ! A stove started to burn !

You have to come right now ! It's burning from everywhere !!!

That's a flat at the second level !

Okay now there are 3 levels in fire !

Please could you give me the adress of Mister ...

NO ! Here is fire department !

No no sir here its fire department not the informations !

The Fireman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's the story of 3 numbers : THE 1.1.8

That's the story of a phone number : THE 118

Let the whole world confused with the information

Where everyone was calling to ask questions !

HEY MAN ! You dont understand that there wasn't an agence ? BUT A FU*KING EMERGENCY CENTER

You didn't received that the 111 that was finished ?

And that's not the 118 who will you learn ?

The women :

Here its a central like the informations

But at the 118 it rumble everyday

You have no idea ! All the day whe are disturb

Because of you public who is always searching lots of phone numbers

No Mrs you are mistaken

You are at the fire department !

No Mr , whe dont have the phone number of the tax office ...

So , that the error is not repeated

You will really need to listen to that :

All the fire dept in front of the fire truck

THE 1.1.8 , .... (here i dont understand it should be a swiss expression lol :rolleyes: )

118 that the number you have to call fast

The 1.1.8 , number to remember

118 , to call when you expect the the worst

The 1.1.8 , can you remember that ???

118 ,you've got to do a tattoo

The 1.1.8 , when you are afraid

Write It in your underwear...

Here it is , that was long but i think you wanted to know that ;)

And there is a French version of the second video posted by Stan

Made me think of this fire dept. rap:

It was made by Swiss emergency services because people always called them for everything.

Woah woah woah, at 58 seconds if you look at the left dispatcher's top computer screen... It looks strangly like the EM2 base screen... I think it's actually a traffic cam but still.

Do FDNY Paramedics really wear bulletproof vests?

Thats actually available as an Accessory Carrier vest only, or as an Accessory Carrier with Ballistic panels. But yes, any big city EMS/Fire service has vests available to their personnel, whether or not their required to be worn depends on the protocols of each respective department.

Even my FD has 4 vests available if needed, however I find it funny that they are a bright blue color and make you a better target if they were ever needed lol