em4fun

American LaFrance tiller cab

Guest Grizzly
Its a submod that will replace the original tiller, but I might see if I can make it available as a secondary tiller.

But first ladder have a truck that LAFD have not, i remember, but I could take a mistake

But first ladder have a truck that LAFD have not, i remember, but I could take a mistake

Sorry but I dont understand.

LA has both the tiller in the mod, which is a 1996 Simon-LTI, and the American La France tiller that em4fun made. The ALF tillers are starting to replace the Simon-LTI tillers I believe. They also have the Ladder Truck form the mod which is a 2007 Pierce. Not sure whats used more between the ALF tiller and the Ladder trucks.

The city fire is planning to replace all the current ones (the one in 1.9) with the LaFrance which look like this this, http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/356865..._9e8792cd08.jpg which is a waste of money because the city refuses to put pumps on their ladders which means that an engine has to follow that ladder where ever it goes. The County puts pumps on their ladders so they can free up an engine to run calls that really don't need a ladder to go to.

Both the County and the City have put the Pierce into reserve.

I found this out because one of the stations near where I live used to have a Pierce

their LTI, and theres more than likely some seagrave tillers in reserve, also dont be ssuprised if the new ones start popping up , considering a city like LA usuially buys from more than one Mfg. company, thats why they have seagrave and Pierce engines.

Sorry but I dont understand.

LA has both the tiller in the mod, which is a 1996 Simon-LTI, and the American La France tiller that em4fun made. The ALF tillers are starting to replace the Simon-LTI tillers I believe. They also have the Ladder Truck form the mod which is a 2007 Pierce. Not sure whats used more between the ALF tiller and the Ladder trucks.

ALF is taking hold of tillers and ladders.

The city fire is planning to replace all the current ones (the one in 1.9) with the LaFrance which look like this this, http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/356865..._9e8792cd08.jpg which is a waste of money because the city refuses to put pumps on their ladders which means that an engine has to follow that ladder where ever it goes. The County puts pumps on their ladders so they can free up an engine to run calls that really don't need a ladder to go to.

Both the County and the City have put the Pierce into reserve.

I found this out because one of the stations near where I live used to have a Pierce

Thats why I love city, even though I work engine. It does cut down on the amount of engines necessary needed at a fire.

The tillers still in use at this time that are not ALF are not Pierce anyways I believe. Maybe LTI. Cant recall for sure.

In Los Angeles? We have ALF tillers out right now.

their LTI, and theres more than likely some seagrave tillers in reserve, also dont be ssuprised if the new ones start popping up , considering a city like LA usuially buys from more than one Mfg. company, thats why they have seagrave and Pierce engines.

In reserve, yes, there are Seagrave tillers, along with old Seagrave engines. We also have more Pierce then Seagrave at the moment. New York buys most Seagrave engines I believe though. We use the XT chassis for quite a few apperatus.

why should i make an old seagrave cab submod for the LA mod while allmost all tillers gona be replaced by ALF cabs?

I meant a 1970-80 model of tiller from them similar to this:

LADDER49.jpg

I know, I know, its lame that I would like this but hey it was a kick ass movie and this rig looks kickass no matter how you look at it.

That says alot. :rolleyes: Since you seem to know so much answer these questions.

First, do you have any knowledge of C++?

secondly, explain why it only supports one tiller? Hoppah never said the game was restricted to ONE tiller and he would know best.

Third, who said anything about adding two tillers to the stations? Adding two tillers itself would not require any modification to the LAfriestation and lafirestationstart script if the second was called from off the map.

Can you answer these questions, I have no doubt Hoppah can, but since you are claiming to have knowledge of this area I look forward to an answer from you.

He was right. A second tiller would also require new prototype files. The scripts in the LA Mod are build for only one (tiller_cabin.e4p), so like I said it would require quite alot of changes to scripts to make a second playable tiller and you do need to change the LAFireStation script if you want to add a second tiller. It's not even a restriction, it's the way I made the scripts. I would advise the creators of the new cab to replace the current cab. Nothing have to be changed to the scripts then.

^well I believe I said I planned to do this 2 separate ways, one as a replacement and one as an additional tiller.

He was right. A second tiller would also require new prototype files. The scripts in the LA Mod are build for only one (tiller_cabin.e4p), so like I said it would require quite alot of changes to scripts to make a second playable tiller and you do need to change the LAFireStation script if you want to add a second tiller. It's not even a restriction, it's the way I made the scripts. I would advise the creators of the new cab to replace the current cab. Nothing have to be changed to the scripts then.

So in other words, you just have to adapt a few script to include both tillers, sounds easy enough.