Guest Bombyx

Something that would be great in LA mod !

Guest Bombyx

Hi,

I think that hoppah could insert something great in his mod. I don't know if it's possible, but a button on a cop (in the interface) which could order the cop to get all the flares or all the traffic cones which are in a radius around the cop, you know what i mean ? Because it's nice to drop some traffic cones and flares to make the game more realistic when there is an accident, but it's annoying to get them after...

I don't know if you understand me, especially my english ^^.

Bombyx

Great idea!

I never use cones / flares and such (just ye good ol traffic/ppl redirect) because of the hassle of picking them up afterwards.

Besides: They just stop traffic, so using them means piling up cars? That is unless their function changed in 1.9 - havent checked.

I would be great if there was a way to "stack calls" or hold calls. When an officer comes on shift, there could be like 20 or so calls holding from the previous shift. The player would click on whichever call they wanted to answer at that time, example, you have a lady that was robbed, the officer shows up at the location and there she is standing there, you click the conversation button and she gives you a description of the suspect, the little lightening bolt pops up on the screen and you go and arrest them. Also, while you are working on the holding calls, you still have current calls coming in. Now that would be great!

You mean like it'll call in a CHP unit or you can call LAPd or like LASD, like special call tabs?

I'm sure that's possible but I don't see how it would serve much point, if you know what I mean... Why call CHP from the highway when there is a LAPD car by the mcdonalds around the corner?

If it is a traffic related incident, the highway patrol is mostly called to handle those and this will free up your patrol officers. The highway patrol are regulatory law enforcement officers, their focus is on traffic and highway safety. Local police and sheriff's are "full service" law enforcement agencies, they handle it all, but if you have an agency who's mission is the handle traffic, why not call them to take care of the traffic situations and let your city/county guys chase down the bad guys. When the 911 calls come in, they send police officers or sheriff's deputies, they do not send a highway patrol officer to respond unless there are no other law enforcement officers around. In my area, the local agencies will "refer" a lot of traffic calls to the Florida Highway Patrol, so they can continue their patrol duties answering domestics and other crimes. This is just a game, so you are probably right.

You mean like it'll call in a CHP unit or you can call LAPd or like LASD, like special call tabs?

I'm sure that's possible but I don't see how it would serve much point, if you know what I mean... Why call CHP from the highway when there is a LAPD car by the mcdonalds around the corner?

I think it would be great to have separate call tabs for the CHP, this way you can call them to a traffic crash and let your regular patrol officer/deputies continue working the rest of the city.

CHP are patrol officers to ya know.

If it is a traffic related incident, the highway patrol is mostly called to handle those and this will free up your patrol officers. The highway patrol are regulatory law enforcement officers, their focus is on traffic and highway safety. Local police and sheriff's are "full service" law enforcement agencies, they handle it all, but if you have an agency who's mission is the handle traffic, why not call them to take care of the traffic situations and let your city/county guys chase down the bad guys. When the 911 calls come in, they send police officers or sheriff's deputies, they do not send a highway patrol officer to respond unless there are no other law enforcement officers around. In my area, the local agencies will "refer" a lot of traffic calls to the Florida Highway Patrol, so they can continue their patrol duties answering domestics and other crimes. This is just a game, so you are probably right.

I find it hard to believe this is the policy anywhere. If you have some insight into the CHP or Flordia State Police/Highway Patrol, then feel free to reference something to show this is the case.

Ed makes the CHP sound like road side assistance with guns. Here is the CHP Mission statement:

The mission of the California Highway Patrol is to provide the highest level of safety, service, and security to the people of California. This is accomplished through five departmental goals:

• * Prevent Loss of Life, Injuries, and Property Damage - To minimize the loss of life, personal injury, and property damage resulting from traffic collisions through enforcement, education, and engineering. To enforce the provisions of the California Vehicle Code and other laws to prevent crime.
  • * Maximize Service to the Public and Assistance to Allied Agencies - To maximize service to the public in need of aid or information, and to assist other public agencies when appropriate.
  • * Manage Traffic and Emergency Incidents - To promote the safe and efficient movement of people and goods throughout California, and to minimize exposure of the public to unsafe conditions resulting from emergency incidents and highway impediments.
  • * Protect Public and State Assets - To protect the public, their property, state employees, and the state's infrastructure. To collaborate with local, state, and federal public safety agencies to protect California.
  • * Improve Departmental Efficiency - To continuously look for ways to increase the efficiency and/or effectiveness of departmental operations.

...and here is the CHP field operations/career path. Quit a lot more to choose from than just 'traffic'. The CHP are the ones who protect the governator, by the way

I did not release Los Angeles was in Florida!

Hi,

I think that hoppah could insert something great in his mod. I don't know if it's possible, but a button on a cop (in the interface) which could order the cop to get all the flares or all the traffic cones which are in a radius around the cop, you know what i mean ? Because it's nice to drop some traffic cones and flares to make the game more realistic when there is an accident, but it's annoying to get them after...

I don't know if you understand me, especially my english ^^.

Bombyx

Bombyx i think it´s a good idea but i think that adding the call for backup or ambulances, even fire engines to the cars would be more useful 

Guest NMDanny

nice idea

and what about a command that you have to choose object/vehicle and if there is vehicle with flares,cones and maybe barricades, it will automaticlly put flares,cones etc around the object/vehicle , instead putting each manually

also there should be some kind of redirecting equipment too because cones just block the vehicle and i think cars ignore the flares