Andrew

Police Cars

here we also have normal armourd police cars

there are just in the security in the Hague of diplomatic and international buildings with a high treat level.

Old version A mercedes Benz G serie

2818299165_3059b87247.jpg

And the new ones, Volkswagen touarge

1707.jpg

they ar also just in Amsterdam and i think rotterdam. There not from the local police but from the ministery of forner affairs

Diplomatic Protection Group (DPG or CO16) cars are red to display to the public that they are there as protection to diplomats and are, therefore, excempt from normal Policing duties. If any police vehicle in London displays a yellow dot to each side (about the size of a tax disc) it means there are armed officers on board.

Also, the Armoured F-450 is only at Heathrow Airport I think.

The OC-D

But they're red. Local police cars aren't red.

I was talking about the dutch cars.

Diplomatic Protection Group (DPG or CO16) cars are red to display to the public that they are there as protection to diplomats and are, therefore, excempt from normal Policing duties. If any police vehicle in London displays a yellow dot to each side (about the size of a tax disc) it means there are armed officers on board.

Also, the Armoured F-450 is only at Heathrow Airport I think.

The OC-D

Thanks so much.. I didn't know those details. :D

I was talking about the dutch cars.

Without having any knowledge, I would guess that you can tell the difference by the type of cars.

The normal police do not drive Mercedes G-series or Touaregs so you know that those belongs to a special unit within the police when you see them (provided you have knowledge about the cars that the police use).

But as I said, its just a guess :)

in LA? those are inner city parking services o.O lol, thats actually lower than meter maid in my opinion. They can't even give tickets, yet their considered part of police.

ok cause i saw them in a youtube video going lights and siren's?

Yep, a lot of people around the world either collect, or create their own police cars, and keep them, and then they travel around, bringing them to shows. There are all kinds around the world. A lot of people will take old police cars from major american cities, such as NY or LA, and restore them to how they originally were. I have also heard tell of others who have taken old cars, and painted them, added the insignia, lights and all that, to recreate cars. Then of course there are the ones who make their own with schemes from other departments, like the Dutch LAPD Smartcar

My Regional Police Service (Niagara Regional Police) uses:

- Crown Victoria

- Ford Expedition

- Chevy Tahoe and Suburban

- Dodge Charger

- Chevy Impala

Plus all the knick knacks like Motorcycles and Boats. No Helicopter though..

Provincial Police (Ontario Provincial Police .. O.P.P.)

Chevy Tahoe/Suburban

Crown Victoria (which they are discontinuing, and using Dodge Chargers now)

Dodge Charger

Motorcycles (Harley Davidson)

They have a few helicopters stationed over the province, as well as boats, skidoos, and ATV's.

If you want to see photos, go to www.policecanada.ca and check it out in the Ontario section. My display picture is one of my provincial units.