Guest Shawn Biro

Would this tower run smoothly

Guest Shawn Biro

Would this tower run 911 FR and the LaMod without lag, I know it has the requirments (I think) but I want you to check out the specs to see if I should upgrade to a new part for a replacement

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16883229115 - Tower

and maybe the screen I want (maybe smaller)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16824254026

Thanks

Shawn

Would this tower run 911 FR and the LaMod without lag, I know it has the requirments (I think) but I want you to check out the specs to see if I should upgrade to a new part for a replacement

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16883229115 - Tower

and maybe the screen I want (maybe smaller)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16824254026

Thanks

Shawn

Yes

Nope, you need at least a Quad Core 4 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 295 in Quad SLI and 5 TB of free disc space to make it run on 640 x 480. AT LEAST. I mean... Anything older will just blow up your computer as soon you try to load the game and you will likely get killed in the blast. Can't help it. :(

Guest em4fan
Nope, you need at least a Quad Core 4 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 295 in Quad SLI and 5 TB of free disc space to make it run on 640 x 480. AT LEAST. I mean... Anything older will just blow up your computer as soon you try to load the game and you will likely get killed in the blast. Can't help it. :(

So I should rob a bank :gruebel:

em4fan

For info my system:

AMD Phenom II x4 955

Asus M4A79T Deluxe

3 x 2gb DDR3 ram

3 Terabyte of HDD space

ATI Radeon HD4890 OCed

To answear your question, yes it will work

TIP: 27 inch might be huge for a pc screen, I got 24 now and I really regret it because I think it too huge.

hmmmm i should make a computer with 4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 300 Grpahics cards, a 60 inch OLED TV, and like 20 TB of RAM

There is no GTX 300 :P but for $360 you could get the best card on the market:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102768

It kills the GTX 280 :D

so yes to 27 inch or no to 27 inch, I want a 27 inch so I can do better drawings of vehicles and watc movies without buying a tv ?

Sure, just make sure you have a PC powerful enough to support it. The 9800 GT in the PC you linked to is bit weak for a 27 inch display imo.

Guest Shawn Biro

just a update, I will be not getting that tower but having one custom made, why because the shipping is from I dont know where and shipping is over 100$ +, so I might get a PC that has stans specs that he posted :

AMD Phenom II x4 955

Asus M4A79T Deluxe

3 x 2gb DDR3 ram

3 Terabyte of HDD space

ATI Radeon HD4890 OCed

I might get some cheapers parts but same quality.

Go with Intel's Core i7. You can get a good Core i7 system from Cyberpower for $1500 or so. OC the CPU and GPU and you'll have a kickass system. Core i7 920 D0 stepping is THE CPU for gaming (esp. since they can hit 4 GHz with good cooling and a little voltage).

Or better yet, build it yourself.

One thing to note most pre-built gaming systems have a weak GPU, you'll want to upgrade to at least a GTX 2xx card (or wait for the GT300 cards).

@ Xplorer. Since when is the 4870X2 the fastest card on the market? The GTX 295 smokes a 4870X2. Esp. the single PCB version.

actually, NVIDIA is coming out with the GTX 300 before 2009 ends

So like i said...:P

Go with Intel's Core i7. You can get a good Core i7 system from Cyberpower for $1500 or so. OC the CPU and GPU and you'll have a kickass system. Core i7 D0 stepping is THE CPU for gaming (esp. since they can hit 4 GHz with good cooling and a little voltage).

Or better yet, build it yourself.

One thing to note most pre-built gaming systems have a weak GPU, you'll want to upgrade to at least a GTX 2xx card (or wait for the GT300 cards).

or get a ATI card for $20-$50 less, that will out perform every GTX2xx card except the 295. Keep in mind though the 48xx series was never designed to compete with the GTX295. The 49xx series is, and is said to be redesigned from the ground up.

As far as the i7, I couldnt agree more.

@ Xplorer. Since when is the 4870X2 the fastest card on the market? The GTX 295 smokes a 4870X2. Esp. the single PCB version.

Sorry i do stand corrected. :P I believe I was thinking of the 5870 X2 due out soon.

I don't see the need of getting the best most expensive card.. look at what you'll need, and get that, maybe something stronger, so it'll be good later on too... But look at it this way, however good it is, it'll be outdated in a month or so, they are rolling out better versions every month or less, and if not them, their competitors, you cannot stay on top of the computer system game, so just get what you need with a bit more power, and you'll be good to go..

That's my opinion, take it for what you want it, but I'm just trying to help :)

I beg to differ.Take a look at this link and tell me what you think. Pay special attention to the awards section at the end.

http://gnd-techlabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

Why dont you look at the benchmarks. You will see that the point I was trying to make(sorry it was late). Take a comparable ATI and NVIDIA card. The ATI benchmarks will fall ever so slightly short of the nvidia card, so much its not going to be noticeable in the real world. The ATI will have a cheaper price and perform almost the same as a comparable NVIDIA card.

I don't see the need of getting the best most expensive card.. look at what you'll need, and get that, maybe something stronger, so it'll be good later on too... But look at it this way, however good it is, it'll be outdated in a month or so, they are rolling out better versions every month or less, and if not them, their competitors, you cannot stay on top of the computer system game, so just get what you need with a bit more power, and you'll be good to go..

That's my opinion, take it for what you want it, but I'm just trying to help :)

I have to agree with not going to future proof, but keep in mind he needs something powerful enough to run things on a 27 inch monitor.

Well,

You can get a million costing graphics card but.. when you dont have enough money left for something like a decent CPU and when you want to get the best out of your card the Intel i7 CPU is the best (and expensive). If you buy a card like a GTX295 and you only have like a dual core or something you won't see the changes because the CPU can't handle it anymore.